new stadium - todays press

miaow

1 hour ago, Packhoss said:

I believe that people are only against it due to the amount of negative publicity it has been allowed to have, there hasnt been many positive reports in favour of the stadium in the press 

I've said a few times - thats because the reporter in the press is a mate of one of the main luddites

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

thanks for your sage advice about our borough. You're not a town or reds fan and your club went to just giving to survive so I'm not sure you are in any position to give your view (cue confused/laughter emoji)

Pleased you can engage in a reasonable debate. Am I not a Reds fan? (Cue further abuse)

Wait till people get there new council tax rates , The negativity about the new stadium will go through the roof , even though its nothing to do with the stadium . All the figures that's been thrown about, where are they coming from . Do these people no how much Sellafield would be paying rent to have offices in the stadium . Do they know  how much the NHS  would be paying . Do they know if there is sports grants .Then what if a big sponsor came in to have there name on the stadium how much they would pay . There must be other income that's not been mentioned  . I bet the answer to all those is NO . Why give all this negativity when nobody knows the facts . A  new restaurant , a new hotel and a new stadium are in the pipeline to be built . which will give new jobs  and the area a big lift, making  a more modern  Town.which could fetch more businesses  into the Area .And more attractive to live here .

40 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I see our favourite councillor is now scaremongering on Facebook that the stadium will cause the closure of GP surgeries and the hospital. 

It's absolutely disgusting that he's using this new stadium as a smokescreen for the way his party (well, his chosen party at the moment, likely to change soon)  is tearing the NHS apart. Its a sickening stunt but not surprising of his kind. 

1 hour ago, GentlemanJim said:

thanks for your sage advice about our borough. You're not a town or reds fan and your club went to just giving to survive so I'm not sure you are in any position to give your view (cue confused/laughter emoji)

It wasn’t  advice,it was a forum members opinion he was sharing,pretty much what these forums were set up for in the first place so maybe stop acting like a schoolboy bully.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It wasn’t  advice,it was a forum members opinion he was sharing,pretty much what these forums were set up for in the first place so maybe stop acting like a schoolboy bully.

and my opinion is less valid than his, how? Your argument doesn't hold up. You say it's why forums were set up then accuse me of bullying when I have an opinion

19 hours ago, rockerlad said:

because there is a ridiculous amount of folk in allerdale against the stadium and would vote them out in an attempt to stop it going ahead.

You being one of them no doubt. Unlike you I live in the Borough and haven't met anyone who is against it and neither have any of the people I know and a few of them are red's fans. You need to keep better company than Mark Jenkinson and Joe Sandwith.

I know you are a big Reds fan, and if you feel that the future of the club will be better staying at BP then that's your opinion and we would all respect it. If I thought Town would be better off staying at DP then I might think differently. I would rather you tell us how it really is than come on here with project fear posts. It isn't just about 2 clubs it's about the future sporting generations of the area.

45 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

It isn't just about 2 clubs it's about the future sporting generations of the area.

Thats the bigger picture that the negative crew don't want to look at. 

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

You being one of them no doubt. Unlike you I live in the Borough and haven't met anyone who is against it and neither have any of the people I know and a few of them are red's fans. You need to keep better company than Mark Jenkinson and Joe Sandwith.

I know you are a big Reds fan, and if you feel that the future of the club will be better staying at BP then that's your opinion and we would all respect it. If I thought Town would be better off staying at DP then I might think differently. I would rather you tell us how it really is than come on here with project fear posts. It isn't just about 2 clubs it's about the future sporting generations of the area.

I live in allerdale and have done for the vast majority of my life. I am also in favour of a new stadium. But I will remain cautious until I see the terms of the move when its presented to the reds shareholders. One thing that is for sure if we stay in borough park in it's current state there will be no club in 5 or so years.

16 hours ago, rockerlad said:

I live in allerdale and have done for the vast majority of my life. I am also in favour of a new stadium. But I will remain cautious until I see the terms of the move when its presented to the reds shareholders. One thing that is for sure if we stay in borough park in it's current state there will be no club in 5 or so years.

You are concerned about the terms of the move which is understandable, surely it's a no brainer if you feel the club doesn't have a future without the move.  Allerdale need both clubs to thrive taking acount of the money both clubs are wasting on the old stadiums I can't imagine either will be worse off even after paying rent. With relegation looming for Reds surely this is the shot in the arm the club needs I know loads of people who haven't watched them for years who are saying they would deffo go back when the stadium is built (Me included). We all hope they don't go down but what a great chance it will be to build up the fan base in the new stadium with a winning team in a lower league. Floating fans don't give a toss about the quality of the opposition they just want to see a winning team.

A lot of activity on the Reds&Greyhound 0track today.They have removed some of the lighting outside of the ground & on the Greyhound track a couple of diggers doing some work.It looks to me that the Stadium is a go irrespective to the scaremongers who are trying their best to stop it,i would like them just to look at the real picture not the Reds&Town but the income from Sellafield&NHS and the income from the sale of the Town ground and much more with concerts and other festivities that could bring in much more income.I am suprised at joe sandwith leading the opposition along with the(which party am i with now?)Jenkinson,with him its just try and look like he is representing us the people,but he is only thinking about himself and not the people of Allerdale.

I had to laugh reading the Tory newsletter no doubt with no small amount of input from our local chameleon Tory councillor. They are going to put an end to all the evil vanity projects and concentrate on the important things like dog 5hit wardens and bin collections. Well that really does go along way to tackle child obesity and encourage participation in sport in the area. I can see a fast track to a cabinet minister with cutting edge political genius like that. Having said that looking at the absolute mess the country is currently in the last thing we need is another political genius to put their stick in the spokes.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 3/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, GentlemanJim said:

Town had a justgiving page in 2016 did they not? That means only reds fans can have a view going by your logic!

4 hours ago, townie88 said:

Business plan has been approved for the new stadium.

Thank god

Great news I think the planning still needs to go through. I see the keep Workington in the dark ages councillor was on the radio doom mongering again.

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Great news I think the planning still needs to go through. I see the keep Workington in the dark ages councillor was on the radio doom mongering again.

Any idea when planning likely to get submitted and possible approval? 

On 3/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Mark Jenkinson said:

Why would it take ‘balls’ to attend a planning consultation? Because I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that that’s all it was. To tick a box in the planning process.

Design and functionality will be dealt with though the planning process, of which I’m a part. My current objections aren’t related to planning, they’re about the economics of it - which so far have been proven not to stack up.

Publish a business plan, prove that it guarantees a sustainable future for both clubs, guarantee that it has no impact on the revenue budget (and therefore council tax) for it’s lifetime, and don’t rush the decisions - then I’ll be it’s biggest proponent.

Its obvious you didn’t have the balls to attend the stadium consultation. Your petrified when faced with the real decision makers. You’ve proven that all you are is a keyboard warrior and a failure at local politics. You keep changing political allegiances in the hope of getting some respect and authority, unfortunately you have neither. Face facts the majority want the new stadium and it will be of huge benefit to the area. You have failed to attract the support of either Town or the Reds who have seen through your scaremongering, and it’s common knowledge that you have no interest in any sport.

Time for you to crawl back in your hole.

There is  lot of activity behind the Town end of Borough park,at first glance it looks like a specialized team carrying out foundation work and also a van from the electricity depot.They are also working round to the front end of the ground but a lot more people than last week,It looks like the new ground is going to happen even with them people who basically haven't a clue with the benefits it will bring to West Cumbria and its residents.I can understand why there anxious about the costings, but I am sure the Council members will have looked deeply into the costings before they set out to bring West Cumbria into the 21st century, and, not leave us still in the dark ages whilst everyother authority are stepping up their business  looking to the future,I just wonder if the dissenters want us to the back of beyond to suit their own personal adgenda's,It's about time they came clean and told us what they will do???....   

Archived