new stadium - todays press

miaow

1 hour ago, town blue said:

Is relaying the pitch correct? What is the point of spending money on this when we are supposed to be moving out by 2021? In addition I thought the Comets were only taking 12 months out - where will they hold their events if they come back?

its doesn't meet football regulations 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/28/2019 at 7:12 PM, troutmaster said:

Has some of might know,the post I put on regarding Workington towns work on the town pitch and the speedway track has been removed has it was not for publication.I received the news in good faith but not realising it was to be kept incognito,i was told all the news has friends do in a natter about how well the club was doing and on the future of our ground and the new stadium,i would like to apologise to my friend for relaying the news to me and  informing our members who are crying out for any info they can get about our club.I also apologised to  our Chairman and the board for giving misinformation out on the forum but given in good faith not to stir things up,anyway,i will now refrain from posting updates to the forum has it just seems to get turned round by someone who does not like info given out about our club whether it's right or wrong.I also say sorry to you lads&lasses who visit our forum for any misleading information?..Troutmaster…..  

That's a shame Trouty it's not like you have given away any secrets it's widely known what the crack is.

Interesting topic on the workington reds forum regarding the reds borough park lease. Seems like it’s the council who decide if they stay or go regardless of any EGM outcome due to an agreement when the last lease was signed.

It also seems that rockerlad who frequently posts on this site is scaremongering about the future of the reds in the new stadium. Maybe he can enlighten us as to why the council would want rid of the reds altogether when they are building a stadium for football and rugby?

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:13 PM, town blue said:

Is relaying the pitch correct? What is the point of spending money on this when we are supposed to be moving out by 2021? In addition I thought the Comets were only taking 12 months out - where will they hold their events if they come back?

Comets wont be back from what ive heard

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 hours ago, Rango said:

Interesting topic on the workington reds forum regarding the reds borough park lease. Seems like it’s the council who decide if they stay or go regardless of any EGM outcome due to an agreement when the last lease was signed.

Crack going round BP on Tuesday night apparently is that Town have sold their lease for a massive sum and will charge the Reds a fortune to play at DP even though they don't own the ground anymore.....where do they get this s**t from ? It's sad. I ve never thought Rockerlad was for the stadium right from the start his early posts on thd subject fooled no one.

14 minutes ago, Rango said:

Reds are getting £10k for their lease apparently. And it’s a pretty worthless lease, so you would think that they would be grateful instead of moaning about Towns lease.

You would have though both leases would just be surrendered in exchange for a spanking new stadium. Mind you if they are giving Reds 10k for a 5 year lease whats our 100yr one worth ?

2 hours ago, gillmeister said:

I have heard the comets might be starting up again on the Northside training track,They will have to alter the track size and will probably need new shale from somewhere?....

2 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Think you will be right on that one young gilly.......being a Comets fan I'm saddened by their sudden departure...oh well.

2 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Comets owe money everywhere. They aint coming back. Don't let it be a distraction

Bit of a sweeping statement there GentlemanJim....hope they don't.

10 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I have heard the comets might be starting up again on the Northside training track,They will have to alter the track size and will probably need new shale from somewhere?....

Could be some going spare at DP

13 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

It will take a lot of cash Barry...although we do know where their is plenty of shale eh??? lol.

4 hours ago, Rango said:

they can evict us with 6 months notice (which hasn't been issued) they dont want to go down this route as it will delay the stadium.

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Crack going round BP on Tuesday night apparently is that Town have sold their lease for a massive sum and will charge the Reds a fortune to play at DP even though they don't own the ground anymore.....where do they get this s**t from ? It's sad. I ve never thought Rockerlad was for the stadium right from the start his early posts on thd subject fooled no one.

I'm all for the stadium for christ sake. I just think we should be treat fairly. We are giving up our home (yes it's a ramshackle) but if we move and the place is bulldozed and the stadium falls through what then? 

4 hours ago, Rango said:

It also seems that rockerlad who frequently posts on this site is scaremongering about the future of the reds in the new stadium. Maybe he can enlighten us as to why the council would want rid of the reds altogether when they are building a stadium for football and rugby?

no I'm not. we need a new stadium probably more so than town. I don't feel the club are being rightly compensated when we are giving our home up pending a new stadium being built? what happens if BP is demolished at the stadium then falls through?

I'm a shareholder and will be voting in favour of a move to a new stadium.

5 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

I'm all for the stadium for christ sake. I just think we should be treat fairly. We are giving up our home (yes it's a ramshackle) but if we move and the place is bulldozed and the stadium falls through what then? 

My understanding is that Town will be granted use of Derwent Park until such time as the stadium is built and that means as long as it takes if the plans fall through. The Reds will play at Derwent Park while it’s still there. Reds have a very short lease I believe, so not worth as much as Town. I would imagine that both leases are worth a lot less than people might think as I’ll bet they have all sorts of clauses limiting what can and cannot be done with the land. 

A bit more scaremongering perhaps!

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

You would have though both leases would just be surrendered in exchange for a spanking new stadium. Mind you if they are giving Reds 10k for a 5 year lease whats our 100yr one worth ?

So, 5 into 100 is 20. Times 10k is erm..........hang on ive ran out of fingers and toes.

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

no I'm not. we need a new stadium probably more so than town. I don't feel the club are being rightly compensated when we are giving our home up pending a new stadium being built? what happens if BP is demolished at the stadium then falls through?

I'm a shareholder and will be voting in favour of a move to a new stadium.

You’ve seen the reds lease and you don’t think that they have been treated fairly!!!!!

They can be out within 6 months as you say (providing the council provide a acceptable alternative, which they are) you are getting £10k for the privilege of giving up them few years left.

You are going to be moving into a brand new stadium with a rental of 20% of your gate receipts. 

What part of this is a bad deal for the reds? How are they not getting compensated? 

I for one think they are very fortunate along with Town that they have been afforded such a fantastic opportunity.

The only thing that will hold the Reds back is poor performance in the boardroom and unfortunately at the moment on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Rango said:

You’ve seen the reds lease and you don’t think that they have been treated fairly!!!!!

They can be out within 6 months as you say (providing the council provide a acceptable alternative, which they are) you are getting £10k for the privilege of giving up them few years left.

You are going to be moving into a brand new stadium with a rental of 20% of your gate receipts. 

What part of this is a bad deal for the reds? How are they not getting compensated? 

I for one think they are very fortunate along with Town that they have been afforded such a fantastic opportunity.

The only thing that will hold the Reds back is poor performance in the boardroom and unfortunately at the moment on the pitch.

our lease is just as valuable as towns IMO. if the reds dug their heels in (which I hope they dont) as again we need this new stadium, they could cause at least a 6 month delay to the whole project putting the RL games in doubt surely? I personally think 10k is a little too low. either way my vote will be for moving as we need it. 

the deal for moving into the stadium is fantastic. 

thats me done on the subject. 

3 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

is it?

To be fair to the Comets,I had heard it was only a rider or two has they had signed contracts and were out of a club,so a bit unfair Jim has we are not talking about a shed load of cash and the Logan family have kept the Comets going for a few years with low attendances and paying high wages to pay their top riders, and now its taken its toll with no speedway at Derwent park again.A big miss to a lot of speedway fans near& far.

Archived