new stadium - todays press

miaow

10 minutes ago, Rango said:

I wonder with jenkinson now publishing allerdale conservatives take on the stadium and what they will do( they won’t build it and will do nothing, at least he’s been up front!) if Town, Reds and Allerdale won’t see fit to respond? It’s been virtually one way traffic and they could put to bed all the misinformation and smoke screens put out there. I have also had a handful of the independent candidates election leaflets (great for the log burner) but nothing from labour.

That was Labour's downfall in copeland sat on their ***** and done nowt while trudy and her lapdogs drummed up support leaving us led by the tories

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, donald said:

To be honest it's embarrassing how many towns are represented by tories in this county hat's off to workington for staying labour i can't believe how the Tories can get in at Whitehaven or copeland as they call it just a normal working class area.

Jamie Reed was a self serving little twonk but I haven't a clue who Trudy is serving?  I will say again the populus of workington and whitehaven are similar so get the same amount of money from central government, the 2 towns couldn't be more different! Workington being head and shoulders a better location to visit! Vote labour 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, Rango said:

I wonder with jenkinson now publishing allerdale conservatives take on the stadium and what they will do( they won’t build it and will do nothing, at least he’s been up front!) if Town, Reds and Allerdale won’t see fit to respond? It’s been virtually one way traffic and they could put to bed all the misinformation and smoke screens put out there. I have also had a handful of the independent candidates election leaflets (great for the log burner) but nothing from labour.

I'm all for a new stadium he said on many occasions turns out he's even a bigger lying bell end than we thought. Slowly making himself the most dispised bloke ever to stand for election. At least the people of Nothside will get more hanging baskets if he gets in.

PLEASE READ AND FORWARD This something that can’t be ignored for the future of our town and west Cumbria. There’s a chance that we could lose the new stadium and community facilities because of the council elections coming up. The Tories and independent councillors are banding together to stop it happening. They already think they’ve won the election and have been spouting off about it everywhere they can. But it’s they’re just playing politics  Sport is a massive part of west Cumbria and it helps put us on the map. If we lose the stadium, Reds will have nowhere to play cos they can’t get a safety certificate, and we’ll lose the Rugby League World Cup games the town put so much effort into to win. Imagine that, missing out on having some of the best in the world playing sport on your doorstep. It’ll be a venue for weddings, events, gigs, concerts and gives us the chance of improving the town and even more investment. It’ll be paid for by the lease of office space by big companies that we seen in the paper. If we lose it they’re taking part of our future, and our kids future away. Think how inspiring it’d be to have that as a place to play local cup finals in, for kids tournaments - we have some of the best rugby players in the country so let’s give them a platform to play ?? For me nowt else matters in the council elections in May, I’m voting Labour to get the stadium built. If we want to see something actually different in the town we can’t let some miserable folk who’d see the town in ruins stop us building a future. I hope you’ll help get the stadium sorted - VOTE LABOUR in May ?

This is doing the rounds on social media!! Please share everyone!

4 hours ago, donald said:

That was Labour's downfall in copeland sat on their ***** and done nowt while trudy and her lapdogs drummed up support leaving us led by the tories

Voter apathy Donald and false promises on moorside got the Tory’s in in Copeland. 

Potentially the last reds league game at borough park today ,representatives of all 32 teams affiliated to the club from under6 to openage will be introduced to the crowd, I'm sure the club would appreciate the support of anyone at a loose end

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Potentially the last reds league game at borough park today ,representatives of all 32 teams affiliated to the club from under6 to openage will be introduced to the crowd, I'm sure the club would appreciate the support of anyone at a loose end

team are also playing in a retro kit which will be auctioned after the game.

the same flyers that where handed out on Friday will be handed out today ad well. 

5 hours ago, rockerlad said:

team are also playing in a retro kit which will be auctioned after the game.

the same flyers that where handed out on Friday will be handed out today ad well. 

Went to have a nostalgic loaded look.....not been there since Town played a couple of Friday night matches.

Attendance given as 689...seemed more, but told many freebies present.....playing surface looks excellent....Reds 0 v Lancaster 2...pity that they couldn't leave Borough Park on a high note (that's supposing it is the last game there)...

1 hour ago, Chrome Dome said:

Went to have a nostalgic loaded look.....not been there since Town played a couple of Friday night matches.

Attendance given as 689...seemed more, but told many freebies present.....playing surface looks excellent....Reds 0 v Lancaster 2...pity that they couldn't leave Borough Park on a high note (that's supposing it is the last game there)...

the pitch is . it may look good but its coveted in bobbles. I for one can't wait to see the back if the place 

On 13/04/2019 at 18:48, Red Arrow said:

How about the Reds & Town board jointly producing a flyer with all the positives & true facts of the new stadium. I would gladly volunteer to help deliver them.

Time is running out,we need action quickly. 

Well there was a positive flyer on the new stadium proposal at the Reds match today. I just wish everyone had been handed one entering the turnstiles.FB_IMG_1555957944938.thumb.jpg.4579c994828a052aa79cffec588aea10.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Who handed them out Sandwith and Jenkinson??? 

I hope jenkinson was there to see how many kids are attached to the reds and that its isn't just about the town/reds first teams!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

17 minutes ago, anok4u said:

I hope jenkinson was there to see how many kids are attached to the reds and that its isn't just about the town/reds first teams!

its the only thing the club have gotten right in the past few seasons the youth and community parts of the club.

11 hours ago, rockerlad said:

its the only thing the club have gotten right in the past few seasons the youth and community parts of the club.

Yeah it appears to be the one shining light for the reds at the moment. Hopefully common sense prevails and the councillors in favour of the new stadium are re-elected. That way the kids at the reds should have decent facilities should they progress to the first team in the form of a new stadium. A lad I know who hadn’t been to the reds for years went yesterday and couldn’t believe the state of the ground and pitch and found it difficult know why on earth anyone would want to continue playing there.

On 22/04/2019 at 19:03, rockerlad said:

the pitch is . it may look good but its coveted in bobbles. I for one can't wait to see the back if the place 

At least it's not covered in dandelions.

On 14/04/2019 at 12:15, Red Arrow said:

I have found some very positive comments on the Carlisle United forum from business man Andrew Lapping.

Firstly here is Andrews background before I post his comments. 

Non-Executive Chairman
Andrew was a founding partner of Hamilton Capital Partners and is focused on sourcing investments, transaction structuring, banking and general fund management.

Andrew also has extensive experience in property development and the construction and operation of hotels.

Utilising his many years’ experience in corporate finance and taxation, Andrew has been responsible for initiating and structuring many of the commercial property and private equity transactions which Hamilton Portfolio has invested in over the past 15 years.

Prior to establishing Hamilton Portfolio in 1999, Andrew spent 12 years with PricewaterhouseCoopers in corporate finance and tax. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and is a non-executive director of several private companies. He is a non-executive board member of two AIM listed plc’s; Netplay plc and SRT plc.

His comments are

Replied by Laffy on topic New Workington stadium at last

It looks like quite a smart way of doing it to be honest-I’m guessing council can underwrite a long lease and sell it to an annuity fund off about 40yp-say 2.5p yield with RPI increases, backed onto some commercial leases like the NHS.A lot of these deals about in the market as annuity funds are desperate for long term yield.

To do this,you need a developer working with the Council-this would absolutely be my way of building a new BP.Its a variation of PFI but with the rate of interest being a fraction of the old PFI schemes.

22 Mar 2019 20:50 #34by Laffy

It’s a great deal-PFI type deal but off a much lower rate of interest and offset by some supporting development-I think it’s a great deal for all.Well done the council for a great ‘enabling’ development.

Why Carlisle cannot follow the lead is beyond me.

It’s very straightforward-long term interest rates are at an historic low so why not borrow money at 2pc pa for 50 years plus-pension funds love government backed loans as they are perceived as ultra low risk.

Then lay off some of the annual interest cost by building some nice pre let commercial property alongside.

But it’s not just about the cash.Allerdale will have a state of the art stadium which will lift the area and encourage further development.

It’s exactly how Carlisle should go about rebuilding BP

All very positive, would  be helpful if the local press interviewed a man like this,it would change alot of peoples opinion .

Archived