new stadium - todays press

miaow

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Upgrading the recre new stands and seats new lights and 4g pitch new facilities a total revamp of the recre increased capacity the future is bright for haven and town with grounds and my god has it been a long time coming 

Wow those bucket collections must have gone well, love the 3 bus shelters on the south side ? only joking, it will probably be built before ours. 

6 hours ago, dkw said:

I look forward to the political party butterfly telling us that cut is all because of the stadium, and definitely not his beloved (at the moment) Tory party, oh no siree bob, no way its them.

Why can't we get him onside by naming the burger bar after him or betters till the bogs. 

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Upgrading the recre new stands and seats new lights and 4g pitch new facilities a total revamp of the recre increased capacity the future is bright for haven and town with grounds and my god has it been a long time coming 

You're the one that talked about the new mine PUMPING millions into haven so we will hold  judgement .l??

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

You're the one that talked about the new mine PUMPING millions into haven so we will hold  judgement .l??

They might do still noone knows what will happen all I know is the club is on the up 

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

They might do still noone knows what will happen all I know is the club is on the up 

I would call it a minor miracle after last year's finance mess, how much was handed over by fans? Good luck if it comes off tho, I hope both grounds get re developed but we will wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

I may have misread the article but are they saying we want to spend £6m redeveloping their stadium but don’t know where the moneys coming from?

Correct, and 100 business to donate £400 to raise £40 grand to run a A team  and you get 2 season tickets, this is separate, I think they are all still ###### from last week! 

If they actually have a plan to get serious funding then good luck to them but if that’s the basis then they’ve just made absolute clowns of themselves.

In addition to that, if they could get 100 businesses to donate £400 they wouldn’t have been scratting around for money last season.

Good ideas in theory but at least have some substance to them. Theory never has paid bills.

While their stadium plans seem a long way off coming to fruition i have to applaud them for trying to gey an A team started, something we should be looking to match.

I know haven arent the best at budgeting so have no idea if the 40k is right but if so it will be worth every penny if it gives young players a chance and gives important squad players some game time.

46 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

While their stadium plans seem a long way off coming to fruition i have to applaud them for trying to gey an A team started, something we should be looking to match.

I know haven arent the best at budgeting so have no idea if the 40k is right but if so it will be worth every penny if it gives young players a chance and gives important squad players some game time.

Think it will be something town will have to look at in the near future it's the way forward for all clubs 

Creating an A team is unsustainable at this present time , stripping the community game of 30 players would decimate the clubs at a time when nearly every team are struggling. Creating pathways for junior players is possibly the best way forward .

30 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Creating an A team is unsustainable at this present time , stripping the community game of 30 players would decimate the clubs at a time when nearly every team are struggling. Creating pathways for junior players is possibly the best way forward .

Without a doubt.

10 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I would call it a minor miracle after last year's finance mess, how much was handed over by fans? Good luck if it comes off tho, I hope both grounds get re developed but we will wait and see. 

How much was handed over by your three “fans” to save you 2/3 years ago?

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

Haven are looking at Duel Reg, training, playing on opposite nights so it’s built round the amateur club, that is a major stipulation put forward by the RFL

15 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Haven are looking at Duel Reg, training, playing on opposite nights so it’s built round the amateur club, that is a major stipulation put forward by the RFL

That’s irrelevant, some clubs struggle to get players to play once a week never mind twice. And if they’re playing on opposite nights when do they get to train with their amateur club?

Amateurs will then get the ‘weaker’ 10/12 training which will then deem the session pointless and those 10/12 may then jack it in.

Great idea ??

Haven's stadium plans seem more like aspirations to me.Everything I have read points to them having zero funding in place ,and in the article it mentions 6 million but it could drop to 3 million just like that ,also I seen a picture saying " if you build it they will come " .Think some of their directors have very good intentions and are very open and honest with fans ,but this looks like a pipe dream to me .

I take it after the first year the 100 businesses or people will have to stump up the £400 again as it surely can't be self funding. It's a bit muddy what they get in return too, as they can't plaster 100 advertising boards around the ground. Great ideas that don't seem to have been thought through in the 4 years they have been planning it, and given their previous history of money management I bet investors will be falling over themselves to get on board.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

4 years in the planning? So why bring it out now? Obsessed by Town.

Well the money they fiddled out of the fans last year will set them off nicely ?MODERATOR:Lets not go back again to a subject that was debated and the thread was blocked,Whatever Whitehaven has done to their fans has long gone and was last season.I do not want to block the thread but i will if you all persist in knitpicking eachothers clubs.Thankyou....

Archived