RL community fund

Happy New year to you all,

having tried and failed to cut my ties with RL I thought about an idea that may help RL in general.

my thought is that a group of people passionate about the game set up a face book group that gives financial assistance to clubs or individuals wherever they are in the world!

As we know we are tight arsed people but I was thinking of a minimum amount of £50.00 per year to a maximum of £500.00 , the choice would be down to the individuals where they give their donations, it maybe for kit, travel , injuries etc etc etc . Requests would come directly to the page from where we can choose to assist or not.

its our way of helping people in the sport we love , I am happy to run the page probably alongside a few others if anyone is interested please get in touch.

Regards

Ian

I've been there done that Ian. Check out my signature at the bottom of this post. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to give money away. Seriously. We would ask for applications and next to nobody would apply. I think Denmark won it one year by being the only applicant. The RLDF ending up folding due to apathy.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, iangidds said:

I was thinking of helping as many clubs or individuals with small individual donations, it amazes me how we cannot make something like this work?

I prefer the strength in numbers option where many people contribute to a single cause. The logic is a small sum won’t make much difference where a larger sum may/will.

rldfsignature.jpg

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I've been there done that Ian. Check out my signature at the bottom of this post. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to give money away. Seriously. We would ask for applications and next to nobody would apply. I think Denmark won it one year by being the only applicant. The RLDF ending up folding due to apathy.

Why do you think that was? Lack of awareness, admin of applying?

It seems particularly odd past winners wouldn't apply.

38 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Why do you think that was? Lack of awareness, admin of applying?

It seems particularly odd past winners wouldn't apply.

We had a policy that past winners couldn’t apply again. IIRC the Czechs declined one year because they thought other countries had a better case.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just picking up on the point earlier, if clubs are not applying for funds is their anyone out there helping to point them in the right direction or assist with applications? It seems crazy that these grants are not been taken up

6 hours ago, iangidds said:

Just picking up on the point earlier, if clubs are not applying for funds is their anyone out there helping to point them in the right direction or assist with applications? It seems crazy that these grants are not been taken up

Totally agree Ian. There should be a person at the RFL tasked with helping clubs to unlock various funds that are available.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 1/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, Impartial Observer said:

Ive heard there hasnt been many applicants for the World Cup grants fund, strange that you cannot give money away

The world cup grants are reliant on match-funding. This takes time to secure and the bidding process has only been open 2 months.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:40 AM, deluded pom? said:

It seems to be a peculiar British thing. People don't apply for benefits they are entitled to (at least before universal credit) and the EU complains bitterly that we leave millions in grants untouched 

11 hours ago, newbe said:

It's only for community teams, and the problem is they have to much it. Bit of a struggle that.

It's the way it should be done.

Far too much money has been given away to new teams,with no assets,so they can start a new club,only for it all to fall apart 2yrs later and the money wasted.

12 hours ago, John Rhino said:

It seems to be a peculiar British thing. People don't apply for benefits they are entitled to (at least before universal credit) and the EU complains bitterly that we leave millions in grants untouched 

There were no Brits involved in the RLDF applications John.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 hours ago, cookey said:

It's the way it should be done.

Far too much money has been given away to new teams,with no assets,so they can start a new club,only for it all to fall apart 2yrs later and the money wasted.

Let’s hope clubs take up the scheme, how much funding is available overall? 

Archived