PREVIEW | Kesik looking forward to testimonial

Dons News

Kyle Kesik says it will be a proud moment to play in his testimonial game against Leeds Rhinos this weekend.

The game will be the start of 12 months' worth of events for the Dons hooker, as granted to him by the RFL. 

He said: “I’m really looking forward to the game, it’s a big achievement and recognition for the 10 years I’ve spent here.

“We’ve got some really good lads here and I’m looking forward to spending the day with them, and we have some former players in there as well.

“There have been times over the years when I thought my time here was coming to an end, but I’ve stuck with it and continued working hard.”

The game against the Rhinos is also the Dons’ penultimate pre-season fixture, with all eyes on a trip to Newcastle on the opening day of the league campaign.

He added: “It’s a massive game for us and we need to build some confidence, we were short on numbers last week so we’ll be better.

“I was annoyed and embarrassed with the result but it was good to get a lot of minutes under my belt and blow some cobwebs off.

“The boys will benefit from it and feel fitter the longer we go on, we’ll be working on some combinations and see where we can hurt them.”

Tickets for the game against Leeds are available from the Club Doncaster Box Office or from tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk, there are NO cash gates on the day of the game.

View the full article

Archived