Fitness Thread

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

600 steps today...

Safe to say that mood/motivation/anxiety are a bit of a roller coaster right now...

2 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Days like that happen. Don't beat yourself up over it and just go again today!

Set my alarm for 5:30 for the gym. Woke up at 4:45. In a way it's good that I always wake up before my alarm for the gym (and I mean always), but on the other hand it's rather annoying! 

I had a similar one. Back home from Spain after being out there for work, knackered of the plane. Girlfriend suggests a beer.

That was that.  A few beers and chilling.

Will try to get back to it today.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I am eating a double sausage egg mcmuffin. I earned it with the 50 steps I took to get from car to counter.

Today is a DAY OFF.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Day 4 done! Didn't fancy it today as it is was cold and wet out. Did it anyway. ? Ran a bit further too. 

Tried this skipping lark. Felt a bit silly but I think I got it right ?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2g6m02qyat8gs0wo0sw0k8wcg_640.gif

Well done, nearly a week done now. Keep up the good work

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Anyone feel brave enough to post a weekly weight figure?

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 93.5Kg.

156.5Kgs yesterday.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, Shadow said:

Anyone feel brave enough to post a weekly weight figure?

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 93.5Kg.

Okay. I'm a 5'5" short-house and weigh 13st 2lbs. Giving me a BMI of 30.3 and into the obese red zone.

The NHS say I should be 10st 10lbs at my heaviest. I don't think I've weighed that little since before puberty.

But I should probably try and head in that direction.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 134.3 84.9

Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 134.3 84.9
  85.085 105.56 142.415 122.213 77.259

The second line is what we would each weigh if we moved to Venus. Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Edited by Shadow
  • Haha 3

Interesting prog on the radio: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00020zc

It seems:

Exercise burns fat and increases muscle mass

Diet reduces fat but does not increase muscle mass

Muscle is 30% more dense than fat.

That is why people who exercise a lot are often disappointed in low level of weight loss. They may reduce in size but not in weight. Need to do some body measurements ( waist?) to see what is happening.

Need to exercise AND eat less.

My weigh is currently 97 kg, down from 115 kg three  years ago but up 6kg from a year ago. Downward trend resumed.

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Interesting prog on the radio: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00020zc

It seems:

Exercise burns fat and increases muscle mass

Diet reduces fat but does not increase muscle mass

Muscle is 30% more dense than fat.

That is why people who exercise a lot are often disappointed in low level of weight loss. They may reduce in size but not in weight. Need to do some body measurements ( waist?) to see what is happening.

Need to exercise AND eat less.

My weigh is currently 97 kg, down from 115 kg three  years ago but up 6kg from a year ago. Downward trend resumed.

Yes, I'm not expecting to lose any weight by my middling to low amount of exercise.

I'll need to cut out the Sausage and Egg McMuffins referenced earlier.

*sniffs*

So long, old friend ...

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes, I'm not expecting to lose any weight by my middling to low amount of exercise.

I'll need to cut out the Sausage and Egg McMuffins referenced earlier.

*sniffs*

So long, old friend ...

I decided not to eat the biscuit that was served with my coffee. Then I ate it anyway, but this point is that I am making a sacifice.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Weight 10st 7bs (66 kilos) Height 5ft 9ins.  Age 76

Todays walk 8.65 miles in 2hrs 28mins. Over a week I average around 35 miles. I also go ballroom dancing 2/3 times each week (wonderful exercise as well as being so enjoyable, Mrs Moose and I only took it up a year ago) In summer I'm also on the bowling green 6 afternoons per week.

If only there were more days in the week☺

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Excellent. Another bank account to raid.

It only has funny money. 

Over 12000 steps and a 3.11 mile walk.  Bit chilly mind you!

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 mile run last night, now down to 12 stone (19lbs lost)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Day 5 done! An extra few metres on the run. 

Weekend to get through now. Walking in daylight will be good but also got my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary to get through. I'm driving so alcohol won't be a problem but there will be lots of food and "lots of food" is the reason I'm over 21st.

#PRAY4WR ?

• Like 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Arrived back from Spain and had an old friend and then my parents arrived. Beer, but no exercise yesterday.

I will be back on it today.

If that's all the runnners and riders...

Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon JohnM Moose Bob8 tim2
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 134.3 84.9 97 66 78.9 76

Venus 85.085 105.56 142.415 122.213 77.259 88.27 60.06 71.799 69.16