Fitness Thread

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

BAD NEWS - I have food poisoning

GOOD NEWS - Increased overnight step count (bedroom to bathroom) and, possibly, weight loss. 

BAD NEWS - I feel like ####! 

Similar thing here.  Tweaked the spine putting our new dog in her crate; similar in the fact I’m now walking like I’ve sh&t myself.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Having not done a great deal due to one thing or another (admittedly some of it just laziness) I've just done a 15km mountain bike ride, mostly off road. Going to try and get one in every weekend. I'll try and push it out to 20km next time.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

HIIT Strength class last night, with a pocket battleship of a woman repeatedly telling us "you're gonna hate me" - which we did! Perhaps not a typical Friday night out.

Followed that with a 1km run and some fartleks this morning when coaching my nephew's football team. I let the boys do the other sprints, etc on their own.

Time for a nice long bath.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

7.33 mile walk today and 5 miles yesterday.  A few niggles aching right now.  

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

30 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

7.33 mile walk today and 5 miles yesterday.  A few niggles aching right now.  

That is fantastic! Top stuff

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Another 30 seconds off my parkrun time today - now only 3 minutes off a PB instead of 5 before Christmas.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Had to take it easy with the snow shovelling this weekend but pleased I’m only left with the kind of soreness from not usually tested muscles.

Totally bombed the diet yesterday at the all you can eat brunch buffet at Dhaba in Toronto.  Soooooo good.  Stuck to veggie dishes and salads apart from diving into the chicken vindaloo and the gulab jamun for dessert.

Good job the local pool opens again tomorrow after the refit!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Had to take it easy with the snow shovelling this weekend but pleased I’m only left with the kind of soreness from not usually tested muscles.

Totally bombed the diet yesterday at the all you can eat brunch buffet at Dhaba in Toronto.  Soooooo good.  Stuck to veggie dishes and salads apart from diving into the chicken vindaloo and the gulab jamun for dessert.

Good job the local pool opens again tomorrow after the refit!

Poor diet this weekend, but did a bit more exercise this afternoon. This thread is keeping me honest. 

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just to pass something on, if any others are having back or neck issues, one of better bits of kit in the armoury for me has been an inversion table.

This is similar to the model I have: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/teeter-nxt-s-inversion-table-with-back-pain-relief-dvd-0840598p.0840598.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgfnE2tmO4AIVhrjACh2H2AqeEAkYASABEgJP9vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It’s been great for maintaining flexibility and releasing tension.  For someone who struggles maintaining core strength, being inverted gets rid of the pressure points from being on a bench or the floor and allows a greater freedom of movement.  May not work for everyone but certainly worth giving a try.

• Like 1

Right. My fitness regime at the minute has plummeted from running four or five times a week with additional dog walking to trying to ... well nothing. NHS physio appointment on the 5th.

Weight, for Shadow’s chart, is 82.55kg (13st exactly).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 1/24/2019 at 11:40 PM, Shadow said:
  Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon JohnM Moose Bob8 tim2 Saint 1 Canabull Kayakman
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 135.6 84.9 97 66 78.9 76   98.88  
Week 2 93.5 116 155.4 134.26 89.9 102 66 83.9 81 82 96.61 275

Venus 85.085 105.56 141.414 122.1766 81.809 92.82 60.06 76.349 73.71 74.62 87.9151 250.25

Well done to Bedford, Wiltshire and Canabull.

Kman, you do know we're talking Kilos don't you? you didn't specify so I assumed you must weigh a quarter of a tonne.?

Hi Shadow. 

Am I too late to join the weight chart? If I can join please then this week I weighed 11 stone 6. 72.57 I think?

It's still old style scales at the gym. 

I missed last week's as I was ill but 2 weeks ago I was 11 7 so I've lost 1 pound already. 

Thanks.

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

Couple of hours carefully clearing the driveway got a sweat on today, I’ll take that as a decent bit of cardio!

Tracker says I did 5500 steps and 3.5kms whilst not leaving my property! ?

Edited by CanaBull

Keep it up fellas!...1 hour of shoveling....2 hours in the weight room....going to go snowshoeing soon for a while...will shovel the laneway again tonight...then to bed early and another day of the same tomorrow!

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Just done cardio gym.

3 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Couple of hours carefully clearing the driveway got a sweat on today, I’ll take that as a decent bit of cardio!

Tracker says I did 5500 steps and 3.5kms whilst not leaving my property! ?

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

2 hours of yoga and meditation, better than sitting round doing nothing.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Keep it up fellas!...1 hour of shoveling....2 hours in the weight room....going to go snowshoeing soon for a while...will shovel the laneway again tonight...then to bed early and another day of the same tomorrow!

Well done all of you!

I am not normally nice to Canadians, but good show!

• Thanks 1

I had about 6 beers plus around 4/5 cocktails when I visited Camden lock/market area on Sunday , trains on-time = great Sunday  

Clawed back a few kilos of flab Monday and today , walked dog for a good 2 hours each time , weather today wasn't very nice .

Few finds from the beach walk , nice clay drainage channel , some sea coal plus a few nice pieces of Jet . 

IMG-20181209-WA0001 (2).jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niels said:

Hi Shadow. 

Am I too late to join the weight chart? If I can join please then this week I weighed 11 stone 6. 72.57 I think?

It's still old style scales at the gym. 

I missed last week's as I was ill but 2 weeks ago I was 11 7 so I've lost 1 pound already. 

Thanks.

I’ll add you on Thursday 

a couple may come off, if only to keep the size manageable