Fitness Thread

24 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I’ll add you on Thursday 

a couple may come off, if only to keep the size manageable

Thanks Shadow. I appreciate your help.

I need to concentrate on this thread more really. The Brexit thread is always stressful. ?

• Like 1

Missed anything last night, my last evening in Spain and the youngsters took me out. Need to buck my ideas up

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Took the dog for a walk this morning.

First 'movement' in a fortnight where I didn't feel in absolute agony and didn't need to stop.

That feels like a victory right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

First 'movement' in a fortnight where I didn't feel in absolute agony and didn't need to stop.

That’s terrible I’d eat more fruit maybe drink some fresh orange that should get you going again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It definitely is a victory!  If anything my injury has taught me it’s to celebrate the small steps just as much as the big strides.  Great job!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Shadow said:

You must be building muscle mass

I’m thinking more likely the scale was out last week when it showed a greater drop.  Next week will tell that, no cheating on the plans for this coming week.

Much appreciate the sentiment though! ??

Edited by CanaBull
Spelling

2 hours ago, bobbruce said:

That’s terrible I’d eat more fruit maybe drink some fresh orange that should get you going again. 

I could tell you about the side effects of these painkillers ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Only 4 walks this week and only 24.5 miles covered, weight still 66 kgs.

Mrs Moose is training for the Manchester Marathon in April, she set herself a target of running every day in January. With 1 day to go she has so far run 289 miles.

Not bad going for someone in their late fifties who still holds down a full time job.

• Like 4

Tried a run at lunchtime. Pavements were icy, tracks were muddy and slippy. Not nice, but 5K done.

Weighing in at exactly 76kg for 3 days in a row. Total lost in January so far is 2kg - I'll be happy with that for 2 more months - then I'll try to go into maintenance mode.

• Like 4

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, Moose said:

Only 4 walks this week and only 24.5 miles covered, weight still 66 kgs.

Mrs Moose is training for the Manchester Marathon in April, she set herself a target of running every day in January. With 1 day to go she has so far run 289 miles.

Not bad going for someone in their late fifties who still holds down a full time job.

I did the RED January in 2016 - it broke me for a while. I only did half that distance.

Edited by tim2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Some shoulder presses done - couldn't do the 'finisher' of kettle bell snatches and cleans as my back is a bit ifferypiffery - 15,000 steps around little India in the scorching heat instead.

Expect (hope) to see the weight coming down slightly as my diet has been better. Long may this continue.

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Snowed in and the local German doughnut shop has just posted that they have a backup of donuts to sell since no one has been able to get there to buy them....50-75% off all donuts.  There is no way to resist...going to go over that way today....must go!

I need honey glazed and I need it now!

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Snowed in and the local German doughnut shop has just posted that they have a backup of donuts to sell since no one has been able to get there to buy them....50-75% off all donuts.  There is no way to resist...going to go over that way today....must go!

I need honey glazed and I need it now!

That's why you weigh 275 Kg

12 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Pounds...we measure weight in pounds over here!...and yes I am a little portly at the moment but don't forget that I am big boned.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Pounds...we measure weight in pounds over here!...and yes I am a little portly at the moment but don't forget that I am big boned.

Well you should have specified for the spreadsheet. 

You weigh 125Kg, or just under 2 of Moose. Seems appropriate somehow. 

Well you should have specified for the spreadsheet. 

You weigh 125Kg, or just under 2 of Moose. Seems appropriate somehow. 

I though you would know...Moose is a big lad then!