Fitness Thread

15 hours ago, Bob8 said:

There is the difference between hurt and injured and it does take experience to tell the difference.

If it aches the next day, that is fine. If it aches four days later, then ease up. If it aches a week later, it is an injury.

My rule for running is if both legs hurt, it's tiredness. If one leg hurts, it's an injury.

• Like 1

Taken advantage of another beautiful sunny day here in East Yorkshire to get my bike mileage for the week up to 240. Don't normally hit those kind of numbers until late spring.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

My rule for running is if both legs hurt, it's tiredness. If one leg hurts, it's an injury.

What if you have been running in circles?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 miles this morning, planning 9 tomorrow.

I'm aiming to build up to marathon distance over a weekend by mid march, at least one twenty miler by the end of march, another marathon weekend early April then taper down for 3 weeks before London. Currently aiming for 4 hours 30 or so.

• Like 2

Woke up and the leg felt good.  So good I suspected it was replaced overnight. I did the sensible thing and went out for a 5 mile walk.  The good news, I completed the walk.  The bad news, I think my old leg is back on.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Friends lad had his end of term performance at Second City in Toronto today, walked the 2kms from there to St Lawrence Market for lunch, where you’ll get one of the most cracking bacon butties you’ll ever have: 4 slabs of peameal bacon in a big bread roll.  Good it was another 2 kms back to work it off!

Great place to go if you’re ever in Toronto, lots of meats, cheeses, baked stuff, fruit and veg and plenty of sampling.

• Like 2

I've run 4 times this week while I've been in the USA, including being 3rd finisher at Himmel parkrun. I'll go again this morning I think. On the downside I've definitely eaten too much.

• Like 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

I've run 4 times this week while I've been in the USA, including being 3rd finisher at Himmel parkrun. I'll go again this morning I think. On the downside I've definitely eaten too much.

Great work! Congratulations!

I went for another hours session this morning after a rest day yesterday. Still felt it!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

18.5 miles over the weekend, 8 yesterday and 10.5 today.

Walking is more challenging than I'd like and there are unspecified pains in my left knee and achilles but I'm reasonably happy with my progress.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 5

Trip to USA added 1.3kg in 10 days, despite all the running.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 2/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, Bob8 said:

There is the difference between hurt and injured and it does take experience to tell the difference.

If it aches the next day, that is fine. If it aches four days later, then ease up. If it aches a week later, it is an injury.

Idleally, you want to be in the level when your body objects but you can overrule like a strick but fair guardian.

But, there are far better qualifed people on this thread.

Thanks Bob. 

All seems fine now. The aches are easing after a couple of days. I went to the gym Saturday and today. 

The thread is a great incentive thanks. 

73.48 today.

• Like 2

7km in one hour and forty minutes tonight in the vain hope of staving off some of the cheating of the Valentines and Family Day long weekend here.  We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Neurological pain has been rough for the last five days or so, every so often it goes into a phase of being random and indiscriminate firing off rather than the near constant few times a second it usually is.  Makes it so much harder to treat it as background noise, especially when you can’t sleep for much more than fifteen minutes at a time because it keeps shocking you back awake.

###### knackered now though, hopefully I’ll get an hour tonight but at least I can push exhaustion these days instead of just having to wait.

Thanks all for the motivation, keep it going boys! ??

• Like 1

155.5kgs

A 5 mile walk this evening took me over 100 for the year, which is nice.  Need to up the pace to get my 1000 for the year mind you.

• Like 4