Fitness Thread

3 hours ago, CanaBull said:

7km in 1hr 25 tonight, cut 15 minutes off the previous best but ooooo boy I think I’m gonna pay for it! ??

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Having a few days in Whitby. Weather glorious, walked along the beach and back to Sandsend yesterday, 8.2 miles. Today we walked to Robin Hood Bay on the cinder track (disused railway line) I came back to Whitby by bus Mrs Moose ran back, my mileage so far today 9.0. Weight, no idea no scales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moose said:

Having a few days in Whitby. Weather glorious, walked along the beach and back to Sandsend yesterday, 8.2 miles. Today we walked to Robin Hood Bay on the cinder track (disused railway line) I came back to Whitby by bus Mrs Moose ran back, my mileage so far today 9.0. Weight, no idea no scales.

I'm going to guess 66Kg

• Haha 2

Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon Moose Bob8 tim2 Saint 1 Canabull Niels
Week 1 93.50 116.00 156.50 135.60 84.90 66.00 78.90 76.00   98.88  
Week 2 93.50 116.00 155.40 134.26 89.90 66.00 83.90 76.00 82.00 96.61  
Week 3 93.10 115.00 155.60 131.10 82.55 66.00 88.90 76.00 87.00 97.39 72.57
Week 4 93.40 116.00 155.40 131.10 79.37 66.00 80.10 76.00 82.50 98.43 73.03
Week 5 93.10 116.00 154.30 132.00 79.37 66.00 78.40 74.50 82.50 95.70 73.94
Week 6 93.40 116.00 155.50 132.00 tba 66.00 79.90 74.60 tba  96.61 73.48

change 0.30 0.00 1.20 0.00 tba 0.00 1.50 0.10 tba 0.91 -0.46
Mercury 35.49 44.08 59.09 50.16   25.08 30.36 28.35   36.71 27.92
Edited by Shadow
  • Like 4

Back down to 74.6kg. I've been a good boy this week, except I've been too tired to run. Back to parkrun in the morning. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

79.9kg

I went to the gym today again Bob. I do feel better physically and mentally.

Back to 73.0 kg.

I avoided some potentially controversial threads today by being at the gym so that is another benefit. ☺

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

First ever top 10 finish at a parkrun for me (after more than 250 parkruns...) Helped that I went to a smaller event than normal.

I was the second most co-ordinated at boxing yesterday.  Helped that there were two of us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Achillies feels fine today after 2 days of throbbing aches.  

I think I am using it as an excuse though, as my leg has no influence on what I should be eating.  The exercise part of losing weight is the 'cherry on top', with the diet doing the bulk (!) of the work.  The fact that I have a sore leg should not stop me dieting, yet I seem to be linking not being able to do much exercise with not sorting my diet.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Achillies feels fine today after 2 days of throbbing aches.  

I think I am using it as an excuse though, as my leg has no influence on what I should be eating.  The exercise part of losing weight is the 'cherry on top', with the diet doing the bulk (!) of the work.  The fact that I have a sore leg should not stop me dieting, yet I seem to be linking not being able to do much exercise with not sorting my diet.  

What doctors often neglect to tell you is how large an effect physical injury can have on your mental fitness.  Eating was a coping mechanism for me, and still is to be honest, after almost two months of tracking well what I’ve done, I’ve eaten awfully this weekend after being hurt last week.

What I’m trying to take out of it is that I’ve recognised the behaviour more quickly than I probably would have before and hopefully will avoid much of a nasty downward spiral which was typical of previous situations like this.

When I’m laid up I have some dumbbells so can at least do something to raise the heart rate and, for me at any rate, it takes the edge off those insidious feelings of helplessness that feed those desires to eat.

No right or wrong answers on how to get there, look after yourself and reach out if you need to.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Feeling groggy. Off to the gym this afternoon. 

It worked, and I am feeling a little better now. May try some press-us in the evening.

This is not easy, I am pushing myself.

PS: More tired than I realised. The press ups would be futile.

Edited by Bob8

Not good.

Back has completely gone. Spent 4 hours in hospital getting injections and scans. Follow up is next week when the swelling goes down, so a week off at least.

On the back of a poor weekend diet of multiple curries, beers and magnum ice creams.

Going to be a challenging week.

Down to 114k at one point, started at the week back at 116

• Sad 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Two very encouraging runs this weekend. Firstly a sub 25 minute parkrun for the first time since April 2017 then close to a course PB at the Clumber National Trust 10K event yesterday, running sub 53 minutes when I was aiming for 55. I did eat a lot yesterday afterwards though, putting my weight up a bit!

• Like 4

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

The softest of gym visits: exercise bike and cross trainer. Gentle times.

Still, the first properly active movement since mid January.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)