Fitness Thread

190.4 lbs this week.  Had some bad news about deterioration in another part of the spine, rather the pelvis and the SI joint.  Been eating the good (or bad depending on how you look at them) painkillers for over a week now and not eating much due to that, hence the loss.  Still going to try and use it and not bounce back too much, it is what it is.  Hurting more mentally really because of this than physically. 

• Like 2

141.4 today.  Hopefully into the 140's by Sunday when I am off on another long walk.  Not many hills, but some big miles in the first 2 days (15 and 16 estimated).  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The progress on this thread is great. With weight loss perhaps, but more importantly for motivation in my mind and actual fitness rather than weight.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

99.5 today ?

Thought I might be going the right way this week, turns out I wasn't. Still not vaping or smoking though and still not wanting to. Barring yesterday's little rant at Saintlass (which she did deserve) I haven't been too grumpy about anything either. 

Swimming is still good and I'm getting more veggies in my diet. I'm quite surprised I went up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

99.5 today ?

Thought I might be going the right way this week, turns out I wasn't. Still not vaping or smoking though and still not wanting to. Barring yesterday's little rant at Saintlass (which she did deserve) I haven't been too grumpy about anything either. 

Swimming is still good and I'm getting more veggies in my diet. I'm quite surprised I went up.

If the reason is not smoking, then it is worth it. So well done.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

If the reason is not smoking, then it is worth it. So well done.

It's been about a month on that one so I'm determined to get that particular monkey off my back. 

Thanks for the boost though always nice to hear someone say (or type) it.

• Like 1

On 10 July 2019 at 23:48, CanaBull said:

190.4 lbs this week.  Had some bad news about deterioration in another part of the spine, rather the pelvis and the SI joint.  Been eating the good (or bad depending on how you look at them) painkillers for over a week now and not eating much due to that, hence the loss.  Still going to try and use it and not bounce back too much, it is what it is.  Hurting more mentally really because of this than physically. 

Im debating whether i should join the online program i was in before my injury. Scared i'll do it again though...

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

On 12/07/2019 at 07:19, MattSantos said:

Im debating whether i should join the online program i was in before my injury. Scared i'll do it again though...

Sorry for not responding sooner Matt.  What you mention is a regular mental struggle for me too; I often tend to push too hard as the instinct to fight when hurt tends to get the better of me.  I've had to learn to slow down and ease back into things and not get too upset at comparing to where I was if I get re-injured, but I know there's an increased chance of that happening by not doing anything for longer periods.  I may reduce speed, distance, intensity etc, but still get out whether it's walking or getting into the pool.

By all means shoot me a message if you need to vent or anything, I'll do what I can to help.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Sorry for not responding sooner Matt.  What you mention is a regular mental struggle for me too; I often tend to push too hard as the instinct to fight when hurt tends to get the better of me.  I've had to learn to slow down and ease back into things and not get too upset at comparing to where I was if I get re-injured, but I know there's an increased chance of that happening by not doing anything for longer periods.  I may reduce speed, distance, intensity etc, but still get out whether it's walking or getting into the pool.

By all means shoot me a message if you need to vent or anything, I'll do what I can to help.

When you train yourself, it is vital to make sure you have a decent coach. I find that when I work out and it starts to get tough, I get fustrated. I realised that is bad self-talk, and I now remind myself that that is a good sign and means I am doing well.

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Bob8 Canabull Niels Riding Pie Bedfordshire Bronco
06-Jun 90.1 TBA Week Off 77 90.76 72.57 99  
13-Jun 89 114 144.2   90.35 72.1    
21-Jun 89 113 143.8   85.57 70.84 98.1  
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 78.9 88.9 71.67 TBA 120
18-Jul 89.2   141.4   86.36 72.1 99.5 120

loss/gain -0.2 -113 -2 -78.9 -2.54 0.43 1.4 0
Xeleya 365.72 0.00 579.74 0.00 354.08 295.61 407.95 492.00

Well, it's good to be back.

Welcome to the party Bedfordshire Bronco.

I'm slightly disappointed in myself in that I managed to lose weight whilst I was in France, which certainly wasn't part of my plan. Must try harder. 

Is everyone getting the other planet references? we could have an ongoing who can get Shadow's nerdy planetary reference first contest, or do you all have lives?

Edited by Shadow

Still 99.5 ? although thats an improvement in that its the first time I haven't gain since I quit vaping... so I'm looking at the silver lining here, and I guess quiting vaping definitely belongs on a thread about health and fitness.

Anyway -gulp- from here I'm on 2 weeks holiday so I won't be checking in next week and probably the week after because I'll be away from the sad step. Lets hope I don't put too much on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidingPie said:

Still 99.5 ? although thats an improvement in that its the first time I haven't gain since I quit vaping... so I'm looking at the silver lining here, and I guess quiting vaping definitely belongs on a thread about health and fitness.

Anyway -gulp- from here I'm on 2 weeks holiday so I won't be checking in next week and probably the week after because I'll be away from the sad step. Lets hope I don't put too much on!

That is not a silver lining, it is a solid chunk of sterling.

Good luck and enjoy th eholiday.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 15:00, Saint 1 said:

Current exercise routine is gym Monday - Friday, rugby Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, fitness Tuesday, speed work Thursday and yoga every day. Still maintaining weight at 79kg or so but at probably upwards of 4000 calories a day! 

My resting heart rate is back in the 40s now which is good, but I'm having to be a bit cautious in terms of the conditioning volume due to being in rugby season. In the off-season I'd quite like to start properly running a bit more.

Great work. I find the yoga does seem to help get the heart rate down.

@gingerjon, are still getting a bit of yoga in?

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Great work. I find the yoga does seem to help get the heart rate down.

@gingerjon, are still getting a bit of yoga in?

I had a bit of discomfort and so pulled back from a lot of things. But have now managed several short runs plus spent the last week cycling round Center Parcs. Yoga back on the radar next week.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I am not sure how I feel as using weight as a proxy for fitness, and certainly not as enjoying a healthier life.

But...77.4kg.

I have lost a few kg since starting this thread need a new black belt. I was not looking to lose weight, but that is about three kg lost. Were I boxing competively, I was told to be 12 stone (well, 168lb because USA) and I find I am almost at that.

Mind you, I imagine I lost a bit of muscle in those three years.

Edited by Bob8

187.6 lbs this week.  That's 42lbs lost since I started in January.  3 sodding stone!  Still can't quite wrap my head round this but stoked as hell.  Back in at the doc's today to hopefully get the go ahead to start exercising more again.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

187.6 lbs this week.  That's 42lbs lost since I started in January.  3 sodding stone!  Still can't quite wrap my head round this but stoked as hell.  Back in at the doc's today to hopefully get the go ahead to start exercising more again.

Blimey!

Well done!

• Like 1

141.4.  Had an indifferent 2 weeks and I'm happy its still in the 141's!  Inconsistent diet, a few take aways, etc, etc.  I could do with knocking off 4kgs (or more) in the next 3 weeks as I might have a job interview.  I'll still be fat (!) but i'll feel a little more confident.  

I have a body weight workout to try, and the rower and bike at work will be getting used!

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Bob8 Saint 1 Canabull Niels Riding Pie Bedfordshire Bronco
17-5 91 114 146.6     92.53 72.57 99  
23-May 90.5 113 145.4     91.63 71.24 98.4  
31-May 89.7 113 145 78.9   91.2 71.69 99  
06-Jun 90.1 TBA Week Off 77 78 90.76 72.57 99  
13-Jun 89 114 144.2     90.35 72.1    
21-Jun 89 113 143.8     85.57 70.84 98.1  
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 78.9   88.9 71.67 TBA 120
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4     86.36 72.1 99.5 120
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 77.4 79 85.09 TBA 99.5  

loss/gain -0.4 0 0 -1.5 1 -1.27 TBA 0 -120
Miller's Planet 115.44 146.90 183.82 100.62 102.70 110.62 TBA 129.35 0.00

Overall Change -4.7 -3 -15.1 -1.5 -3 -13.79 -0.47 -0.7 0

The week's figures are in, this week we have alien planet weights courtesy of Interstellar, I may head back to the Orville next week.

I have added in an overall change figure to the matrix, this shows total change from the first date recorded, fortunately none of us have increased

Congratulations to Bedford and Canabull, that is a spectacular effort of which you should rightly be proud. 

• Like 2

And I'll be sticking to Kg's no matter what our new Lords and Masters decree!  

• Like 1

Apologies for not recording a weight Shadow. No gym for 2 weeks - work and a baby lol.

I did 2 hours Saturday at the gym. Surprisingly but pleasingly I am still the same weight, 72.12.

Thanks very much. 

• Like 1