Fitness Thread

141.2kgs A small but welcome drop after a few weeks of stagnation.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Completed my first ever marathon today, in Chislehurst. Ouch.

It was six laps of a very undulating course around the common. Pros were that it was off-road and almost entirely under the shade of trees, but cons were that it featured some brutal climbs and testing footing.

Almost gave up at the halfway point, but reduced my speed and ambition to eventually get round in a shade under 5 and a half hours. Mo Farah can sleep easy - not sure I will.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It was six laps of a very undulating course around the common. Pros were that it was off-road and almost entirely under the shade of trees, but cons were that it featured some brutal climbs and testing footing.

Almost gave up at the halfway point, but reduced my speed and ambition to eventually get round in a shade under 5 and a half hours. Mo Farah can sleep easy - not sure I will.

Tillykke!

Edited by Bob8
  • Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Has Mo Farah ever done six laps of Chislehurst common? No, he has not.

Thus, the comparison only shows your success and his failure.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Date Shadow Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels Riding Pie Bedfordshire Bronco
28-Jun 89.4 143.4 88.9 71.67 TBA 120
18-Jul 89.2 141.4 86.36 72.1 99.5 120
26-Jul 88.8 141.4 85.09 72.12 99.5  
01-Aug 88.2 141.2 84.6 72.12 TBA TBA

loss/gain -0.6 -0.2 -0.49 0 TBA TBA
Miller's Planet 115.44 183.82 110.62 TBA 129.35 0.00

Overall Change -5.3 -15.3 -14.28 -0.45 TBA TBA

184lbs this week.  2.5 lbs down from last week and 4lbs away from my goal.  Got hurt last Thursday but got mad instead.  Used the meds and walked as much as I could over the last four days, it keeps the lumbar muscles loosened up so I think I staved off the worst of what it could be and what it has been in the past.  Nothing over mixed ground, just on the flat and kept going.  When I totted it up last night it was just over 67kms.

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels Riding Pie
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 88.9 71.67 TBA
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4 86.36 72.1 99.5
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 85.09 72.12 99.5
01-Aug 88.2   141.2 84.6 72.12 TBA
09-Aug 88.1 113 TBA 83.46 TBA TBA

loss/gain -0.6 -113 -0.2 -0.49 0 TBA
Mongo 85.46 109.61 TBA 80.96 TBA TBA

Overall Change -5.4 -3 -15.3 -15.42 -0.45 -0.7

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels Riding Pie
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 88.9 71.67 TBA
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4 86.36 72.1 99.5
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 85.09 72.12 99.5
01-Aug 88.2   141.2 84.6 72.12 TBA
09-Aug 88.1 113 141.8 83.46 TBA TBA

loss/gain -0.1 0 0.6 -1.14 0 TBA
Mongo 85.46 109.61 TBA 80.96 TBA TBA

Overall Change -5.4 -3 -15.3 -15.42 -0.45 -0.7

182.5 lbs this morning.  Walked 15 kms last night (61kms over the week) and, after some tweaks to my bracing, that was interspersed with about 500m of jogging in 10-20m intervals.  Seemingly no ill effects this morning, so maybe enough weight has been dropped now to ease the stress on the spine.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

141.6.  The mojo has left the building.  

This is Fitness Thread, not weight. 

How has the walking been going?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

59 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

How has the walking been going?

Fairly good to be honest, the miles getting done in the week, so its not all bad.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

Fairly good to be honest, the miles getting done in the week, so its not all bad.  

Good stuff. Fitness is more important. Being your size and doing lots of walking will mean you have some serious leg muscles. 

5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Good stuff. Fitness is more important. Being your size and doing lots of walking will mean you have some serious leg muscles. 

It's fairly interlinked for me, and 'head fitness' more so!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It's fairly interlinked for me, and 'head fitness' more so!

Can't agree with this enough; mental health, physical health, weight, attitude all part of one circle.  I don't think with me anything has got any easier, but I have figured out ways to withstand or drive through more though.  No short cuts, no hacks, just hard graft.  Still beats me from time to time, but even those times I still try to get out and at least go through the motions; less distance, slower etc.  The frustrations get to me less frequently these days, but I've found them more intense when they do.

• Like 4

On 15/08/2019 at 06:43, Bob8 said:

Just as well, as I have dropped back to being a lardy tub-bucket. Albeit one who has (genuinely) managed to lose the scales whilst we had some building work going on so can't tell you by exactly how much.

However, The Pain (TM) does now finally, after several false dawns, seem to have gone. I 'ran' the Lydd 10k in 61 minutes, slower than I'd have liked but then I, like everyone else, wasn't expecting such a humid and draining morning. Lydd is normally windy and fresh. This week, I've been out for a circuit of Alexandra Park and a run from the Azur to Galley Hill and back (I'll assume that everyone knows where these are and how far that is). Tomorrow is parkrun, my 42nd overall. Since The Pain (TM), I haven't gone under 27 minutes, so I'm trying for that assuming there's no ridiculous headwind or bottleneck.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)