Fitness Thread

11 hours ago, Shadow said:

When we started the weight recording spreadsheet I had a BMI of 27.3, it has now come down to 25.5

I am still officially overweight but looking at it a different way

I used to be 10cm too short, that's now down to 3cm.

A further regimen of dieting, exercise and stretching and that 3cm could be achieved.

Well done, you'll be a shadow of your former self soon.

Back to 178.4 lbs this morning, lost the 3.4 I gained last week.  Slowly increasing the running intervals though it's clear there's much to be done to string those intervals together into something longer.  I'll get there, just need to focus on some patience and build on how far I've come rather than get demoralised by how far I have to go.

Signed up for the 5k run/walk at the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 20th.  Realised I was just using not being able to run it complete as an excuse to not do it.  No more BS, doing it anyway.

• Like 1

142.8, which is the same as last Sunday.  I'm OK with that after a week of going to the cricket (beers n curry) and not doing much exercise due to travel. 

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 15/09/2019 at 08:45, Dave T said:

As part of my drive to get fit and healthy following my Afib discovery I'm walking 24 miles today at Edinburgh's Kiltwalk.

Start at 10am, the regret kicked in about 15mins ago...

Can you move today?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels
09-Aug 88.1 113 141.8 83.46 TBA
16-Aug 88.2 113 141.6 83.91 74
27-Aug 87.9 114 144 80.92 TBA
02-Sep 87.6 TBA 143.7 82.46 74.5
16-Sep 87.9 114 142.8 80.92 TBA

loss/gain 0.3 0 -0.9 -1.54 0
K2-18B 351.60 456.00 571.20 323.68 298.00

Overall Change -5.6 -2 -13.7 -17.96 1.93

Despite my best efforts on holiday I only managed to gain 300g, I feel I've let the team down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Despite my best efforts on holiday I only managed to gain 300g, I feel I've let the team down.

I put more on that that just looking at a holiday brochure.  

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Can you move today?

not really mate. I stupidly didn't book the day off work, so moving round at a snails pace when I need to do anything. Some say they haven't noticed a difference.

Must say I really enjoyed the walk, was on my own so just had my earphones on and head down, and did it in 7hrs, versus a par of 8hrs, so was pretty pleased - managed to raise £650 too for a youth charity my Wife setup earlier this year.

A good day all round.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

not really mate. I stupidly didn't book the day off work, so moving round at a snails pace when I need to do anything. Some say they haven't noticed a difference.

Must say I really enjoyed the walk, was on my own so just had my earphones on and head down, and did it in 7hrs, versus a par of 8hrs, so was pretty pleased - managed to raise £650 too for a youth charity my Wife setup earlier this year.

A good day all round.

Thats pretty good going!  Looks like it was mostly on hard ground?  Feet must of taken a beating.  

13 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Thats pretty good going!  Looks like it was mostly on hard ground?  Feet must of taken a beating.  

yeah it was, coastal for large parts so beautiful scenery but on paths, invested in good walking socks and they worked wonders!

I surprised myself that I managed it *relatively* comfortably as there were a lot of people really struggling - but I seemed to get my head in a good place and only stopped for toilets and a sock change. It was the amount of time that was the mental thing for me, and I was pleased with how I handled that. Spotify was my best friend yesterday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Did 160 miles running in 7 days, mostly off-road, carrying my stuff in a small backpack. Feel surprisingly OK afterwards, no injuries.

Good work. They'll never catch you now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Shadow said:
Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels
09-Aug 88.1 113 141.8 83.46 TBA
16-Aug 88.2 113 141.6 83.91 74
27-Aug 87.9 114 144 80.92 TBA
02-Sep 87.6 TBA 143.7 82.46 74.5
16-Sep 87.9 114 142.8 80.92 TBA

loss/gain 0.3 0 -0.9 -1.54 0
K2-18B 351.60 456.00 571.20 323.68 298.00

Overall Change -5.6 -2 -13.7 -17.96 1.93

Thanks Shadow.

I was 75 at the weekend.

I find I am missing some gym days but only because of work or other commitments. 

However I need to find time.

142.6 All a slow struggle at the min.  Need to reset and take back control.  

• Like 1

Yesterday, just over eight months after the first run, I went out with Hastings Runners again. This time their more social Friday morning one (I was working from home and could fit it in whilst getting work done either side). 7k covered in an hour with lots of stops and a fair bit of chat. Not what I'm used to but it was fun and I'll be back again.

Parkrun today.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)