Go Tri Sunday 2k run 5k bike 1k run 

20 odd miles on bike going to work , bailed out 2 days due to heavy rain 

3 mile dog walk everyday between shifts 

Parkrun today 

few beers tonight and  Sunday teatime 

Never weigh myself , go by how tight my cloths are feeling 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Today, I am full of snot and swapping sparring for lying on the sofa.

You're dead to me.

And also, it sound like, possibly dead to yourself.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You're dead to me.

And also, it sound like, possibly dead to yourself.

I knew that as a hard core warrior, you would be filled with disgust at my laziness.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, Bob8 said:

I knew that as a hard core warrior, you would be filled with disgust at my laziness.

I can barely even look at you.

Did a bit of parkrun marshalling yesterday so got to yell at people to get their harrises into gear. I do enjoy a bit of marshalling.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Back up to 167.7 lbs after the scarily rapid drop to 161 last week.  Picked up the new brace last week too so have been giving that a run out.  Sort of reminds me of going between leather and plastic mountaineering boots many moons ago, no give at all! LOL  Totally munched my foot running longer distances but nothing tape and (stupid) bloody-mindedness can't solve.  In for some tweaks tomorrow.

Upshot though, on the previous equipment my best was 800m in one shot, yesterday I hit 1,500m and it was horrible fitness which stopped me at that point, not pain or spine issues!  Well pleased at the moment, certainly bodes well for the future.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2019 at 14:03, MattSantos said:

Started on the ski erg recently. Woof 

A lot of work to do to match the rowing times. Doubt I’ll get to same standard but it’s always worth doing somet you’re rubbish at

Did you ever see me play Rugby? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I'd be more inclined to pursue those things independently through things like gym and mobility work. If your back isn't robust enough for those exercise modalities, I would expect adding greater load (and more chaotic load) through a combat sport is more likely to magnify issues rather than resolve them.

Already do pal

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

As we have reduced to Niels, Canabull, Bedford Roughyed and me being the only regular posters of our weight I will be mothballing the spreadsheet with immediate effect, unless there's a sudden clamour of "No Shadow, don't do it"

If there's a will amongst the gang I'll start a new one in January to review our new years resoultions.

I've found it a great help having a regular review of my BMI and weight and I've been particularly impressed with the efforts from Bedford losing 11Kg or in old money 1Stone 10.2lbs  / 24.2 lbs and Canabull shedding an incredible 23.13Kg in 10months 3Stone 8.7lbs or nearly 51lbs. 

• Like 4

I'll be having a thunk about my weight in the new year. Most of the second half of the year has been spent just being sensible about movement and the like after the farce of The Pain.

Well done to everyone who stuck with it.

• Like 1

165.2lbs this week, seeming to stay in a reasonable range between 164 & 168 for the last while.  Was a little weirdly 'light' for a time but getting used to it.  Ran (jogged) 2km earlier this week, which considering the old kit longest distance was 800m, was an awesome milestone for me.  Last night I got my 1km in the pool down from 29 minutes to 26m45s.

Fitness and stamina slowly coming up which is really satisfying.

• Like 2

Will be good to start again in the New Year, lets face it, we will all be doing those resolutions!

145.6kgs this week by the way ?

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!