Fitness Thread

And as we’re coming up to year end, I’m going to shamelessly toot my own horn as I’m damn proud of what I’ve achieved this year as far as getting my weight down, resetting my relations with food and hopefully for good as well.

A6D39F16-3750-41E9-A159-0679431A1180.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, CanaBull said:

And as we’re coming up to year end, I’m going to shamelessly toot my own horn as I’m damn proud of what I’ve achieved this year as far as getting my weight down, resetting my relations with food and hopefully for good as well.

A6D39F16-3750-41E9-A159-0679431A1180.jpeg

That is what weight loss looks like!

• Thanks 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

12 hours ago, Niels said:

I'm going up at the moment Bob.

Waist size still ok and I go to the gym to try to distribute it.

74.39 for Shadow please.

I am back at the gym after having a couple of bugs. It was hard work.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

21 hours ago, Copa said:

I had a yoke carry session this morning.

That piece of equipment seems to work nearly every part of my body.

I’m utterly exhausted now.

I successfully carried no fewer than twelve yokes yesterday...back from the supermarket...and the egg whites surrounding them!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I successfully carried no fewer than twelve yokes yesterday...back from the supermarket...and the egg whites surrounding them!

You fitness fanatics and your egg-white omelettes!

Back in training now. I was OK on Friday, terrible in sparring on Sunday and dragged myself through the boxing training on Sunday. Not feeling 100%.

Well, after The Pain, I'm pleased to say I hit my revised target of 700km in the year yesterday. Strava now showing 700.1k which pleases me greatly.

I have the Hastings Half Marathon in March as a target for next year and we'll see how things feel after that.

My weight is still far too tubbysome - checking the start of the thread, I see I am 2lbs lighter than the start of the year but I think that's a margin of error change rather than anything else. I need to sort that out.

All in all, could be a lot worse, could be a bit better. But at least I'm still out there running.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels
04-Oct 87.2 tba 142.6 tba 71.67
11-Oct 86.8 `+3 stone 143.5 77.33 72.58
19-Oct 87.2 118 144.3 77.05 71.22
06-Nov 87.1 TBA 145.8 76.73 71.67
18-Nov 86.2 117 145.5 75.75 TBA
23-Dec 86.1 118 145.6 74.93 71.67

loss/gain -0.1 1 0.1 -0.82 0

Overall Change -7.4 2 -10.9 -23.95 -0.9

Last one of the year

Seriously well done Canabull, that's a significant weightloss. You must be feeling so much better in so many ways.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, much appreciated!  This is me back in 2013 when the Wolverines beat the Tomahawks to win the Colonial Cup that year versus a couple of weeks ago.  Yes it's been no mean feat, had to dig into the mental reserves a lot but came down to disciplined choices at the end of the day.  No hacks, no shortcuts, just grinding the work out.

Was in at the gym on Boxing Day, sort of ###### off (a mate ended up in the pysch ward over Christmas week, long story) ended up doing 2.2km run which was 200m longer than my previous best.  Head was still going after doing weights so went back onto the track and ended up doing a full 3km.  Nice to be over halfway to my 5km 2020 goal before 2020 even gets here! LOL

comparison.jpg

• Like 3

I'll start up a new weight chart from tomorrow and will try to update it every friday, if you want to be in it can you post a starting figure sometime between now and 9am tomorrow.

@MattSantos  @gingerjon  @Moose  @Bob8 @tim2 @Saint 1 @CanaBull @Niels @Bedford Roughyed  @Wiltshire Rhino 

were the runners and riders from last year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I'll start up a new weight chart from tomorrow and will try to update it every friday, if you want to be in it can you post a starting figure sometime between now and 9am tomorrow.

@MattSantos  @gingerjon  @Moose  @Bob8 @tim2 @Saint 1 @CanaBull @Niels @Bedford Roughyed  @Wiltshire Rhino 

79.3 kg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Count me in please.

17 Stone (108kg)

• Like 1

I’m in, but can’t weigh in till the weekend.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'll be converting everyone's weight to Kg for the purposes of the spreadsheet. If this really causes anyone grief I'll try to do a monthly comaprison in pounds and stone, if my Excel skilllz are up to it.

• Like 1

Appalling greed and laziness since September sees me kick off the NewYear at 81.3, having  got down to 73kg last Spring. Back on it again.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"