Fitness Thread

5 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Oh man, what happened there?  Week 6 day 1 do over.  40, 50, 25, 25, 50+ (27 actual)

Totally shot today! (maybe one letter wrong in that)

It happens Ive really struggled with the first set in the last few weeks. I think it’s down to the big early numbers taking it out of you. 

6 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Oh man, what happened there?  Week 6 day 1 do over.  40, 50, 25, 25, 50+ (27 actual)

Totally shot today! (maybe one letter wrong in that)

I had a day off yesterday. You did better than me.

You might have had a few things catch up with you, your body just decided you needed a rest, or a slight bug that you are not aware of. Well done on pushing to as many as you could, that is the target.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I have been for three bike rides in the last 7 days, fortunately where I live is about as flat as a pancake, so I went from Warrior Square, into town, then out to Cooden Beach (Peter Alliss' golf club), and back, 3 times. It's not the TdF, but it was a nice ride of about 10 miles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have been for three bike rides in the last 7 days, fortunately where I live is about as flat as a pancake, so I went from Warrior Square, into town, then out to Cooden Beach (Peter Alliss' golf club), and back, 3 times. It's not the TdF, but it was a nice ride of about 10 miles.

Good work!

Week 5, Day 1 again:

36-40-30-24-40+(50)

The last set was 42 last time, and my record at that point was 43.

That said, I was not in the mood mentally or physically was just got it done.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

13 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

That said, I was not in the mood mentally or physically was just got it done.

I was not in the mood, I just got on with the bike ride, a number of pedestrians abused cyclists,  but if you are going to walk on a designated cycle path, expect a cycle. Dur

• Like 1

End of week 4 test = 39

I 'gamed' it slightly, as 2 full days off since last day.

Might have 2 days off again before week 5.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

End of week 4 test = 39

I 'gamed' it slightly, as 2 full days off since last day.

Might have 2 days off again before week 5.  

Although, I was exhausted and not in the mood, the start of Week 5 was a lot easier than when I last did it.

13 hours ago, Damien said:

13 hours ago, Damien said:

Felt great doing my new weights session today. A change in training is really beneficial, especially when you start to go through the motions a little.

What you doing?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Thanks for the detail ?

Sorry. As before I do a full body workout so 7 exercises (4 sets of 6 or ? and some stomach work but I've just changed every exercise so I'm doing much the same body part but in a different way. So incline Bench Press instead of flat Bench Press, lunges instead of squats, Lat pulldowns instead of bentover rows, dumbbell shoulder press instead of military press etc then a series of crunches instead of planks. It may not seem like a huge change but its so much harder because although its the same body parts it is movements your body isn't used to and alleviates the boredom too. 

Similarly on my cardio days instead of doing machines like the cross trainer and exercise bike I did interval training on Tuesday and hope to do a boxing, circuit type session each week too to complement that.

All in all I have been aiming for 2 weights and 2 cardio sessions a week and have pretty much managed to do that whilst working from home, some weeks slightly more or less. After doing much the same weights and cardio workouts for 2 months working from home it was time for a change. Gains get less and more difficult and your body adapts too much. After training Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so far this week my legs feel sore and stiff today and have done since Monday so something is working!

• Like 1

@bobbruce, you will surely be finishing the 100 at the end of week 5 if not earlier.

Push ups

week 5, day 2 (repeat):

19-19-22-22-18-18-22-45+(80)

I think the last post inspired me to do some extra.

• Like 2

Missed reporting the redo of week 6 day 20, 20, 23, 23, 20, 20, 18, 18, 53+ (63 actual), 2 better than the previous week 6 attempt.

It's going to take more time obviously but I'm good with that.

@Shadow I was 162lbs dead on this week.

• Like 2

Week 5, dy 3, repeat:

20-20-24-24-20-20-22-50

There is a clear improvement. I am worried about whether I can complete the set, though it is still knackering. And, booze, a lack of sleep, exercise yesterday and other whiney excuses mean I just knocked it out to be done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Week 5, dy 3, repeat:

20-20-24-24-20-20-22-50

There is a clear improvement. I am worried about whether I can complete the set, though it is still knackering. And, booze, a lack of sleep, exercise yesterday and other whiney excuses mean I just knocked it out to be done.

Well done, sometimes you just have to get through it. Booze and lack of sleep meant I succumbed to whiney excuses and had a day off ?.

41 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well done, sometimes you just have to get through it. Booze and lack of sleep meant I succumbed to whiney excuses and had a day off ?.

Good man ?

I was just hungry. Ate some food and then did 40 minutes on the heavy bag