Fitness Thread

I haven’t weighed in this week, hopefully it’s not 200kgs....!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

15 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I haven’t weighed in this week, hopefully it’s not 200kgs....!

The chart don't lie :kolobok_biggrin:

Amended.

I was testing the formatting on the spreadsheet and missed the check figure against your name. 

• Haha 1

Yesterday I went to my first group class for a long time. It was great to do a class again.

I missed the first half as I witnessed a hit and run and had to help the victim. The car went over his head and he was, eventually, able to get up and walk to the side of the road! 

Wow.  169.2lbs.  Biggest gain since I started the weight loss journey in January 2019.  With all that's going on I figured I deserved a break and to relax things a little bit.  Relaxing with more bread, crackers, chocolate, pizza and something that I've had little of in a few years now, booze.  Hardly moved either.  And it's feckin hot and humid over here.  And I've had to use more painkillers than normal.

Perfect storm.

I didn't need relaxation, I needed a reminder of why I stick to my discipline so much, so in that I consider this a win.

01-Jul 14-Jul   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   86.2 85.4   -0.8 -2
Bedford Roughyed   153.2 151.7   -1.5 4.9
Damien   102 101.2   -0.8 -6.75
Saint 1   84 85   1 -2.2
CanaBull   73.75 76.75   3 1.82
Edited by Shadow

Ok back to the scales...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 6th June I bought a new pair of running shoes, my Garmin App tells me I have already run over 185Km in them and they have an anticipated life of another 460 Km

Or should that be in the Uninteresting Trivial Facts thread? 

Weigh in day and down to 162.8lbs, lost 6.4 lbs of the 6.6lbs I gained last week.  Tracked what I ate, plenty of water and more walking.  the old habits can't get back in, really great to get the insight and especially good mentally that I can pull it back into control.  Might not be as physically active at the moment but pleased the head is reasonably good still.

• Like 2

I ran on Saturday morning and made a few challenging choices on the route so ended up doing 19Km, a bit shy of 12 miles. It was quite warm down my way so when I got home and weighed myself I was down to 83.9Kg.

By this morning after I was properly re-hydrated I was up to 86.4

I may only weigh myself after exercise from now on. 

• Like 2

150.4 for today thank you.  

14-Jul 21-Jul   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   85.4 86.3   0.9 -1.1
Bedford Roughyed   151.7 150.4   -1.3 3.6
Gingerjon   80 79   -1 -3.5
Bob8   81.7 79.8   -1.9 0.5
CanaBull   76.75 73.85   -2.9 -1.08

Little bit up this week, 163.2lbs.  Big (small) victory for me was changing the oil in the van.  Last time I did that, and pushed myself when I really should have stopped, I was laid up for over a week.  Now that I'm keeping the weight off I'm taking more and more small steps to greater independence and freedom.  Certainly feels good!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Little bit up this week, 163.2lbs.  Big (small) victory for me was changing the oil in the van.  Last time I did that, and pushed myself when I really should have stopped, I was laid up for over a week.  Now that I'm keeping the weight off I'm taking more and more small steps to greater independence and freedom.  Certainly feels good!

I've found that not carrying the extra stone and a bit around has helped immensely with my training, I've not suffered an injury in a year,  I can run further and faster , I don't get painful knee joints, I can walk downstairs without the use of the bannister in the morning and I get to be smug. It's a win-win-win-win :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

When you say "change the oil in the van"

Do you mean

Mobile Chip Van Leicester and Nottingham by the Mobile fish & Chip ...

• Haha 1

Last week, I was able, thanks to some belated birthday vouchers, to purchase a Garmin Vivosport.

Today the entire Garmin world is down, from sales website to data upload to app.

This means I am now unable to believe my run this morning happened as there is no Strava evidence of its existence.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Last week, I was able, thanks to some belated birthday vouchers, to purchase a Garmin Vivosport.

Today the entire Garmin world is down, from sales website to data upload to app.

This means I am now unable to believe my run this morning happened as there is no Strava evidence of its existence.

Not quite all of it, my watch still knows (at time of typing for the pedonticists amongst us)it is 3.25pm, my resting heart rate is 43BPM and I've walked 1592 steps so far today. It also tells me there are episodes of RHLSTP, Something Rhymes with Purple and The Infinite Monkey Cage available to download.

Well, Garmin's servers are still offline which leads me to an interesting philosophical question.

Last night I went for a 10K across part of the New Forest, from The Royal Oak in Fritham to the High Corner Inn in Linwood.

However, if a Shadow runs in the forest and there is no Garmin to record him, did he really run?

On 24/07/2020 at 09:43, Shadow said:

Well, Garmin's servers are still offline which leads me to an interesting philosophical question.

Last night I went for a 10K across part of the New Forest, from The Royal Oak in Fritham to the High Corner Inn in Linwood.

However, if a Shadow runs in the forest and there is no Garmin to record him, did he really run?

They appear to be, somewhat intermittently, back now.

In completely related news, I now know quite a bit about Russian hackers now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)