Fitness Thread

15 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

157.4.  I wish that was pounds but it isn't....

I have invested in quite a bit of new gear, real weights (no more York specials), olympic bar (they are longer than I guessed), rack, bench, kettlebells.  Safety squat bar is ordered (only after getting a real bar did I realise my shoulder mobility is so poor I can't do bar squats) and rowing machine is due in a few weeks (was a 15 week wait list).  

My living room is now a gym, so it will all watch over me as I have a KFC...

Rowing - Check out 'Pete's Plan" on t'old Google.

Kettlebells - Pavels Enter The Kettlebell Programme Minumum.

Sorted for next 6 months

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

16 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

157.4.  I wish that was pounds but it isn't....

I have invested in quite a bit of new gear, real weights (no more York specials), olympic bar (they are longer than I guessed), rack, bench, kettlebells.  Safety squat bar is ordered (only after getting a real bar did I realise my shoulder mobility is so poor I can't do bar squats) and rowing machine is due in a few weeks (was a 15 week wait list).  

My living room is now a gym, so it will all watch over me as I have a KFC...

If you're okay with following orders via shouty people on YouTube then Team Body Project are good folk. Not about perfection but just keeping you in a positive direction.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFjc9H89-RpWuIStDqhO7AQ

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I envy you! I've got a 5 foot bar, an adjustable rack and 135kg in plates but didn't want to splash out on fancy equipment (i.e. oly bar and bumper plates). If you have shoulder mobility issues, I recommend a Swiss bar too - much more friendly on the joints generally for upper body exercises. 

I've only got 110Kgs in plates but at the moment that's more than enough for me!

Added a swiss bar to the wishlist.  

I blame watching worlds strongest man....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I've only got 110Kgs in plates but at the moment that's more than enough for me!

Added a swiss bar to the wishlist.  

I blame watching worlds strongest man....

I am not sure we need toblerone at a time like this. 

• Haha 3

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 04/01/2021 at 09:13, Shadow said:

Entries are invited for the 2021 weight reduction matrix spreadsheet.

Weighing in day will be Wednesday 

I'll endeavour to publish each week apart from when I don't.

If numbers drop below 4 (including me) I'll stop it.

Can you send me the necessary information and general idea of this via PM please?

Could not believe it upto 107K (Was 95 last year before lockdown) off the pop now at least until April 1st 5 mile walk everyday 2/3 runs a week whilst over here.

if I can get back to Spain on January 19th will do some mountain hiking and swimming that usually does the trick aim is 85/90K by the summer.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

On 05/01/2021 at 11:28, Shadow said:

I weighed in this morning at 87.4Kg
By a coincidence on 4/1/2020 I weighed in at 87.5Kg

I lost a whole 100g over the course of 2020.

Weighed in at 80.7kg. That pushes me into cruiserweight.

Edited by Bob8

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Next week I will include weekly and annual loss/gain

All weights are in Kg, although as we are no longer in that Europe I suppose it should be Stones and Pounds

Edited by Shadow

06-Jan
Shadow   87.50
Bedford Roughyed   157.40
Tim2   74.10
Matt Santos   124.00
CanaBull   73.94
Atlantisman   107.00
Damien   105.23
Bob8   80.70
bobbruce   92.60
gingerjon   80.00
JohnM   92.20

Updated chart

Edited by Shadow

Just now, Spidey said:

I’d love those scales 😂😂😂😂

Thing is, I need a wall chart that adds some height because I'm a short sod so it ain't great ...

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I just noticed, Bob8 ad gingerjon are almost the same weight, does that mean they can box each other? 

When's the bout scheduled for? Will it on Pay Per View? 

The first rule of TRL Fight Club is ...

A weigh-in of 72kg here, but I'm not tracking it, so no need to add to the chart.

Having discovered that I could only just do a pull-up, I've started a program of bodyweight exercises 4 times a week. Serious DOMS in the arms and shoulders after the first couple of days. I typically run 4-5 times a week, not sure how combining a bit of weight training with the running is going to work, but with no races on the cards any time soon, probably doesn't matter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

I just noticed, Bob8 and gingerjon are almost the same weight, does that mean they can box each other? 

When's the bout scheduled for? Will it on Pay Per View? 

Unfortunately, the bout will be over zoom.

I have just moved up to this weight, so GJ will be strong favourite. He also has long Sonny Liston arms compared to me.

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The first rule of TRL Fight Club is ...

I will change my shoes when I come in?

On 04/01/2021 at 09:13, Shadow said:

Entries are invited for the 2021 weight reduction matrix spreadsheet.

Weighing in day will be Wednesday 

I'll endeavour to publish each week apart from when I don't.

If numbers drop below 4 (including me) I'll stop it.

92.2 kg on Monday. 

Need to lose 12.2 kg. Oor grow to 6ft 2 inches. 

• Haha 1