Fitness Thread

Hit the local park after work tonight and even with a brief pause to soak my cap in the river I was still sucking air in through my R$e-oil by interval 12.  Not happy, was berating my body for not working how I wanted it to, tearing strips off myself internally and the finish couldn't come soon enough.

Got over the line and then saw that I'd done it in a sub 7 minute/km pace, the first time that's happened! I didn't feel faster and I tend to keep my cadence fairly stable to manage pains, so the tweaks to the bracing must have allowed an opening to the stride length!

From feeling like a complete ham shanker to spam and jam in the space of a few seconds! 🤣

7 hours ago, CanaBull said:

From feeling like a complete ham shanker to spam and jam in the space of a few seconds! 🤣

Is that ... is that ... good?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

07-Jun 14-Jun   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   87.10 87.10   0.00 -0.40
Bedford Roughyed   164.70 164.70   0.00 7.30
Tim2   66.80 66.80   0.00 -7.30
Matt Santos   121.00 120.00   -1.00 -4.00
CanaBull   71.21 71.84   0.63 -2.10
Damien   104.30 104.30   0.00 -0.93
Bob8   78.80 78.80   0.00 -1.90
bobbruce   89.40 89.40   0.00 -3.20
gingerjon   81.00 81.00   0.00 1.00
    864.31 863.94   -0.37 -11.53

Congratulations Matt Santos doing the heavy lifting this week.
Chocolate and Pork Scratchings you say....

Edited by Shadow

I'm hovering around 66.8 depending on the day. I'd like to be a bit lower but it'll do for now, as I'm eating more but also managed a 10 mile run yesterday.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

66.7kg this morning

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 16/05/2021 at 15:48, GeordieSaint said:

Ran/walked 48.1 miles yesterday in 12hrs. I am not mad; doing the Montane Spine Challenger race next month... 108 miles up the Pennine Way. I take it back; I am mad. 

My feet are in tatters today.

This weekend?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

20 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Aye… in the Hope Valley now. Number 448. Can track my slow pace on the Spine website. 

Good luck. I'd follow you if I knew your actual name!

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

Good luck. I'd follow you if I knew your actual name!

You can track the numbers.

http://live.opentracking.co.uk/sscr2021/

https://thespinerace.com

Dot watching is a sport in itself.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

My dot will be moving slowly. The rolling terrain of Northwest Cambridgeshire/East Northamptonshire during lockdown hasn’t been ideal prep for the Pennine Way. 😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I spent ages watching it in 2019 when the woman whose name I forget smashed the record. My friend is a volunteer - I'll ask her to keep an eye out for Geordie Saint!

14 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

My dot will be moving slowly.

Just approaching Jacobs Ladder... that should remind you what a hill is!

10 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Just approaching Jacobs Ladder... that should remind you what a hill is!

It's actually worse coming down in many respects. He won't be running up it!

• Like 1

Here is Geordie Saint, near the humourously named Dick Slack

image.png.05a239368fec716509333b5bd5b033d9.png

• Like 1

Ha… at the Hebden Bridge checkpoint; been here about an hour awaiting my watch to charge up, eat food (try) and get my feet sorted, which I have been battling with along the whole 45miles so far (hot spots and small blisters). Got here in just under 15hrs so very pleased considering there have been no hills to train on at home near Peterborough.

65 miles to go… (already shattered lol). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Ha… at the Hebden Bridge checkpoint; been here about an hour awaiting my watch to charge up, eat food (try) and get my feet sorted, which I have been battling with along the whole 45miles so far (hot spots and small blisters). Got here in just under 15hrs so very pleased considering there have been no hills to train on at home near Peterborough.

65 miles to go… (already shattered lol). 

Good luck, mate!

We are cheering your dot on!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Good luck - another dot watcher here. Hopefully the next bit along the Skipton canal etc. is a bit easier and then it's just a question of keeping on putting one foot in front of another through the dales.

Seem to have spent quite a bit of time watching dots in the last few weeks. I guess it makes sense for people doing Bob Graham Rounds, all the wainwrights etc. to be doing it in June when there's lots of daylight.

4 hours ago, JonM said:

Looks like he's heading into Gayle & Hawes now, not too far from the finish.

Looks like the boy has finished.  Feet must be tender.