Fitness Thread

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

I'll be converting everyone's weight to Kg for the purposes of the spreadsheet. If this really causes anyone grief I'll try to do a monthly comaprison in pounds and stone, if my Excel skilllz are up to it.

No problem I’ll switch the scales over and start posting in kg from now on. 

13 hours ago, Moose said:

I’m in again, can’t weigh in until Sunday/Monday when I’m home again. I’ll try and stick with it longer this year, got a bit fed up of posting the same weight week after week last year.

How about I assume no change if you don’t post an update and repeat the previous week’s number?

Two years ago for my 70th I wanted to show myself that I could still a swim a mile. I was about 10 when I managed that first mile.

After a series of heath problems in 2019, I finally managed to get back into the pool for the first time since late August. I started back on Thursday and today I managed a third of a mile. Mind you it took me half an hour.

Not far and not fast but I feel as though I have achieved something for myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

146.8 kgs for the start of the year.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

First go for 2020

Shadow Bedford Roughyed Moose Gingerjon Tim2 Wiltshire Rhino Bobbruce Niels Matt Santos Damien Bob8
06/01/2020 87.4 146.8 68.95 82.5 73 133.36 89.54 71.67 118 107.95 79.3
  • Like 1

I have kept my weight steady, and am OK for stamina and strength.

I have noted how stiff I am. About six years ago, I started doing yoga as I was having difficulty getting in the bath or on a bike in my thirties. It worked and I ended up an inch taller and much better. Some gruesom physio helped. But, I was complacent over the lask month and am struggling again.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

11 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I have noted how stiff I am. About six years ago, I started doing yoga as I was having difficulty getting in the bath or on a bike in my thirties. It worked and I ended up an inch taller and much better. Some gruesom physio helped. But, I was complacent over the lask month and am struggling again.

I had a massage t'other day. It was brutal...

Doing well, good start to the year once i got back into a routine. Struggling with SARS, so my gym numbers are poor, but still, good to turn up

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

12 hours ago, Bob8 said:

foam roller works for me.

the one with the spikes in it.  gets into the deep muscle knots.  you can go on google to work out how to do different body parts.

ive gone from not being able to walk properly and constant pain to basically ok

like a rumble roller or similar

Edited by aj1908

5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

foam roller works for me.

the one with the spikes in it.  gets into the deep muscle knots.  you can go on google to work out how to do different body parts.

ive gone from not being able to walk properly and constant pain to basically ok

like a rumble roller or similar

Mate, I like those things.

When I first tried them, I felt nothing. My body was too stiff. I have to be relatively loose to get the effect you describe. You are like Olga Korbut compared to me.

Edited by Bob8

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Mate, I like those things.

When I first tried them, I felt nothing. My body was too stiff. I have to be relatively loose to get the effect you describe. You are like Olga Korbut compared to me.

It's.turned my life around 

I tried everything and had given up.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 19:42, CanaBull said:

Weigh ins are Wednesdays for me, but I'd like to be in still for accountability, if you would be so kind.

165.3lbs for me this week, up 1.9 from last but still in my accepted range.

Thanks!

I'll put that in for next week's figure 

• Like 1

Weighing in at 68.7, only 3 walks this week totalling 19 miles but eating well, plenty of salad stuff, fruit and only a little meat.

Looking back I didn’t eat any fish which is unusual for me.

Not being a drinker or smoker my Xmas presents consist mostly chocolate, biscuits etc, I’ll be glad when I’ve finished ‘em all?

I've had a really good week this week training and cutting out the rubbish and feel much better for it. No drinking and sticking largely to my main meals makes such a difference and I know I've lost weight but will check Monday after a full week. Out have been chocolate, biscuits, crisps etc and the likes of sneaky mid morning sausage rolls and Cappuccino's at work. I've tried to cut down on bread too. In have been fruit for snacks and I've generally tried to make most meals a bit healthier but nothing crazy. All going good so far.

• Like 1

Business trip this week, weighed in at 80.3kg so not too bad.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

A few to post their figure, I'll assume no change if nothing by 5pm today

Edited:

Only a few yet to come

Shadow Bedford Roughyed Moose Gingerjon Tim2 Wiltshire Rhino Bobbruce Niels Matt Santos Damien Bob8 Saint 1 CanaBull
06-Jan 87.4 146.8 68.95 82.5 81.3 133.36 89.54 71.67 118 107.95 79.3 87.2 74.93
13-Jan 87.1   68.7 82.5 80.3   88.9   118 105.7 79.3   74.97

Weeks Gain/loss -0.3 -146.8 -0.25 0 -1 -133.36 -0.64 -71.67 0 -2.25 0 -87.2 0.04
Total Gain/Loss -0.3 -146.8 -0.25 0 -1 -133.36 -0.64 -71.67 0 -2.25 0 -87.2 0.04

Edited by Shadow