audois

Lord Derby Cup

Toulouges (FD) 10-58 Carcassonne (E1)

Tonneins (FD) 0-58 Albi (E1)

Ferrals (E2) 12-54 St Esteve (E1)

Apt (FD) 18-34 Lyon (E2)

Baho (E2) 14-36 Limoux (E1)

Barcares (FD) 18-42 Palau (E1)

Val de Dagne (FD) 14-44 Villegailhenc (E2)

Pia (E2) 40-28 Villeneuve Minervois (E2)

St Martin de Crau (FD) 24-40 Entraigues (E2)

Toulon (E2) 12-16 Carpentras (E2)

Lezignan (E1) 16-9 Avignon (E1)

Aspet (FD) 2-62 Toulouse (E1)

Ramonville (FD) 8-56 St Gaudens (E1)

Trentels (FD) 18-14 Lescure (E2)

Pujols (FD)12-56 Villeneuve/Lot (E1)

Cahors (FD) 4-66 Villefranche (E2)

Leaders of Elite1 and Elite 2 Limoux and Catalans of Baho respectively was viewed with interest. The Catalans threatened an up-set level at 14-14 just after the break with back-to-back tries rocked the undefeated leaders.Championship title holders Avignon struggling started strongly against FCL in the only Elite 1 clash but FCL responded late on. Top honours this weekend though to Trentels who  turned over Lescure from Elite 2.

Promoted Toulon took 80 points against Baho other week but today took 3rd place Carpentras to extra-time.

Gallant Val de Dagne effort against Elite 2 heavy weights Villegailhenc with the Anderson brothers on board. Aquitaine derby saw a clash USV against minnow neighbours Pujols nothing into it up to the oranges then fell away. Tonneins who played Elite1 several decades back with Gael Tallac but now 3rd tier at least kept Albi to three converted scores before falling away, The Corbieres side Ferrals had only to cherish the brace of tries after the break against a youthful Dragons'reserves' who ran away with it with five  tries from flying wing Flovie.

Radio Marseillette's coverage excelling itself had people commentating from Baho, Val de Dagne and Lezignan as well as up-dates from Aspet-Toulouse with other scores relayed from their studio.Great stuff.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Well done Trentels, Lescure have been playing well lately so a big scalp for them. RL hotbed over that way with Villeneuve just down the road. Last season Trentels and Pujols played a league game at the nearby Myre Mori ground as a curtain raiser to a Villeneuve game.

Great to see Apt and Cahors with rugby a XIII teams.  I have visited both these places on my travels in recent years and love them! But I had no idea rugby league was played there! Saw no evidence of rugby  a XIII  when I was there, although in Cahors I did speak to a man in my bad French who demonstrated the play the ball for me in the street!

16 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

Great to see Apt and Cahors with rugby a XIII teams.  I have visited both these places on my travels in recent years and love them! But I had no idea rugby league was played there! Saw no evidence of rugby  a XIII  when I was there, although in Cahors I did speak to a man in my bad French who demonstrated the play the ball for me in the street!

Jim - think that Apt have just re-formed. Reached this round after accounting for Salon (E2) earlier. Dragons Wembley try scorer Benjamin Garcia hails from there too.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

LAST 16

VILLEGAILHENC / ENTRAIGUES

ST GAUDENS / ST ESTEVE XIII CATALAN

TRENTELS / CARCASSONNE

ALBI / VILLENEUVE LOT

LYON VILLEURBANNE / CARPENTRAS

TOULOUSE BRONCOS / LIMOUX

VILLEFRANCHE AVEYRON / LEZIGNAN CORBIERES

PIA / PALAU

Three Elite 1 clashes, Albi-Villeneuve/Lot the pick-out one. Everyone will be looking now at the Aquitaine side after their league result at Lezignan. The Canaris up in Aquitaine at the only remaining Federal side.Tasty Catalan derby too possibly. Think Villefranche up in the Aveyron against FCL could be interesting as they've just signed-up a couple of Australians.Elite 2 title holders Villegailhenc with the Anderson brothers could be rubbing their hands in glee with a big quarter-final in prospect if they see off Entraigues. Leaves Carpentras as the only Provence out-fit expected to reach the last 8. Ties 9-10th March.

Yes, some cracking ties in prospect Gordon . I'm looking forward to the Albi game following their entertaining league encounter. St Gaudens will push St Esteve all the way and Villefranche will have a chance if they can get 17 fit men available. They have just drafted in a couple of aussies to help out. Should be fun at the Lustrac where league champions from last season entertain the mighty Carcassonne who need to be ready for a tough game. Carpentras continue to impress and VARL oldies should book their places. I expect Elima's men to steamroller local rivals Pia and Limoux should make short work of the Broncos.

Archived