Yorkshire Cup Final

Batley Bob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great advert today for Championship Rugby League - rugby played hard and no quarter given. This pre - season tournament has been a resounding success, and has surely helped the cash flow of the Clubs involved. A pity today that we did not take the 4 points on offer from the 2 penalties within kicking range, and then attempted to land a distance penalty in a late attempt to secure 2 points and level the game. I agree with the Bulls supporter on this forum that we were the better team,  but good luck to them and well done, and to their many supporters who attended Mount Pleasant today to make it a true Cup Final atmosphere.

Whilst I agree that the two matches at the Mount have been very entertaining and 1000 times better than the usual pre-season run outs I just wonder what the feelings might have been if we had been beaten in the first game resulting in nothing resting on the remaining two matches?

2 minutes ago, fredm said:

Whilst I agree that the two matches at the Mount have been very entertaining and 1000 times better than the usual pre-season run outs I just wonder what the feelings might have been if we had been beaten in the first game resulting in nothing resting on the remaining two matches?

Disinterest from many - but we weren't!!

Lots of value for money york and bulls.

Like the squad that's been assembled- tried and tested, few rough diamonds and gigs to the lost.

Today dicko looked a product and another honest wardy. Toby everett looked decent and fit.

The 2 newly promoted aren't here to just make up numbers. Both games could of gone either way.

Dead wood moved on and the way our line moved the ball left to jc going downhill in last 30ms was fast and precise.

Only criticism kicking and discipline

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

24 minutes ago, fredm said:

Because that is what cups are great at. They make fans want the run to continue. Next year, if York make the final, they will think it was a great idea too and it will make us want to get to the final again to go one step further than today.

3 hours ago, Bullmania said:

There was a late hit on George but nothing in it in my opinion. Then seemed George mouth was going off where he got blindsided by brown. 

Second one was at the bottom off the hill so first I thought he'd been subbed until I counted the players.

Not late hit it was a flying smack from Manning. Because George had shoved Campbell with both hands whilst gobbing off with Campbell on his knees bending him backwards. Penalty Batley.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

28 minutes ago, colinb said:

Not late hit it was a flying smack from Manning. Because George had shoved Campbell with both hands whilst gobbing off with Campbell on his knees bending him backwards. Penalty Batley.

I was on about the late hit has George kicked the ball by manning. Which I saw nothing wrong with not where George got blindsided to start the fight. I knew George was mouthing off the hooter had already gone. So why did brown take 10 then and not manning? I thought the half was done so I was trying walking passed people to get back to the bar.

53 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Because that is what cups are great at. They make fans want the run to continue. Next year, if York make the final, they will think it was a great idea too and it will make us want to get to the final again to go one step further than today.

I think you will find most Knights fans think it was an excellent idea and want it to carry on next season. We have learnt so much about our own squad, and also what we will come up against in the Championship. Well done Bradford on winniing today.

get your head down.....stop looking round ….and the try is yours....under the posts...….

Image2u.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

To be fair he did fall over rather than being tackled!  

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Morleydog said:

I don't suppose his injury, after a long chase has helped, but I have always said that about Wayne. Pin your ears back and go for it, you are faster than you think.

Maybe the last time he did that he got injured confidence maybe a issue but it’s all ifs & butts... 

our defence has improved wonderful we defended 30+ tackles on line yesterday and they couldn’t break it down and I think every 50:50 went Bradford’s way in the end..   

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Maybe the last time he did that he got injured confidence maybe a issue but it’s all ifs & butts... 

our defence has improved wonderful we defended 30+ tackles on line yesterday and they couldn’t break it down and I think every 50:50 went Bradford’s way in the end..   

thats what i thought he had flashbacks

well if past 2 games are owt to go by were in for one hell of a 2019 season,some fantastic rugby on offer from both sides yesterday in a game that had everything, we could a done with a couple a the 50/50s going our way,or at least the foot in touch call for an exiting last 3 minutes.i wernt too miffed at the loss as the game itself was far too good to be peed off with job. i really thought mannu had a massive game, but stand proud all the boys you did well, and am sure the fulltimers might just be aching a bit today while your at work.we sure quitened em down a few times in that last 20.but all in all great spectacle for the game played in great spirt with a little biff as a bonus,

Its a long time since I can remember watching us play rugby like we did yesterday. Great ball skills, fast attacking rugby and brilliant bone crunching defence. Was also a game of ifs and buts that never win matches. All in all a great day of rugby and some fab memories. Also a good financial boost for all clubs involved.

22 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

was there when leek grounded ball.on the line was clear try were the knock on was I've no idea 

Same could be said for the Green effort too. Lets call it evens on the disallowed tries ???

The highlights on Bulls TV show a bit more extended highlights and show the sin binnings more clear.

Some of our fans were going mad at the Campbell challenge on Oakes but looking back it was a fair shot and nothing malicious in it.

The Manning hit on Flanagan wasn't late but it was high and reckless. Not picked up by the ref. Two plays later Flanagan gets caught by stray book from Campbell and takes offence so pushes him. Queue Brown flying in and it all kicks off. His second sin binning was just silly but Galbraith took the bait and ended up walking too so no harm there.

For me he was the difference when he came on. He has the ability to turn up the game intensity which we badly needed as you were absolutely hammering us on the try line for pretty much the first 25mins. Someone else said it but when he came on Manning, Brown and Galbraith might as well been off the field as they were only interested in taking pop shots which ended up losing the game for you. Had you kept your heads then I think you would have easily won today but George has that ability to wind up the opposition. He's that grubby player we needed the last time we were in the Championship.

All in all, it was a great day regardless of the result and I'm looking forward to returning later in the season where I have no doubt it will be just as tough to get the result.

Good account bullineenemy. I'm not sure George will get all his own way next time

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived