Law Cup

Dave Naylor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

'Now we can take self-belief into the Hornets game' — Scott

THE self-belief and confidence Oldham will have gained from their 24-10 in at Barrow should help them immensely in Sunday’s Law Cup clash with the ‘old enemy’ Rochdale Hornets, said Roughyeds boss Scott Naylor after the Craven Park triumph.

Read full article

Self Belief....who is he, what position does he play, who did he play for before you....is he a ringer.

Bl**dy ell...another one....confidence, where did he come from....how many more have you signed without telling anyone....methinks shady dealings are afoot.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Oh it ain't no friendly my mate, it's the biggest game of the season for the fans. £14? I'd pay whatever was asked for the A627 El Classico. Should be a cracking game, don't really see why "friendlies" should be less than league/Cup games tbh. Still have to pay for the ground, players etc and of course a split gate I assume asthe norm is for preseason games. 

Possibly, it's a fine line though between lowering prices on the hope of a bigger crowd or maintain the price with the regulars plus hopefully some new additions. Catch 22 in some ways.

Might have been an idea to do an offer on tickets for both the home "friendlies" say, £22 for both or something like that in advance. Even pay on the gate at £14 this week and get a ticket for the Newcastle game for £8.

We assume of course that standard prices will apply to the Newcastle game, that's not been confirmed obviously and maybe there is something in the pipeline. 

We shall see pal. 

19 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Oh it ain't no friendly my mate, it's the biggest game of the season for the fans. £14? I'd pay whatever was asked for the A627 El Classico. Should be a cracking game, don't really see why "friendlies" should be less than league/Cup games tbh. Still have to pay for the ground, players etc and of course a split gate I assume asthe norm is for preseason games. 

You watch R34, there will be 852 and the attendance will be announced as 258 hahahaha, I'm going to count them, don't want any funny business like them ringers you've brought in confidence and self belief.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

3 hours ago, Watersheddings was great said:

£10 to watch Latics in 4th round of FA cup at Doncaster. £14 to watch friendly against Rochdale. !!!!

90 mins of overpaid Nancy's rolling on the floor at the slightest touch, full time players who couldn't care a monkeys and don't have to get up to work the next day for a £10 or 80 mins of pride and passion, blood and thunder, a local Derby pride of the A627M and bragging rights for a whole season for an extra £4?? It's a bargain! 

Don't see what the problem with £14 is tbh, it's normal admission price against a team in a higher division.Worky charged £15 on the gate for their "friendly" v Haven last weekend and got over 1000 there, and are charging the same for this week v Hudds (although you could get a £2 off earlybird ticket for each game)

We still have to pay our costs and everything else, as I said earlier it could and maybe should have been a ticket offer for both the home friendlies. The club has to charge full price because we simply can't afford to lose money, and even if you reduce the price there is no guarantee that more fans will attend. 

Reducing ticket prices is not necessarily the answer to increasing crowds. 

The price for the Newcastle game was announced as £10 with under 16's free, so obviously the club felt that they could do that game as an offer. However. the Law Cup game is always normal price and is agreed between the 2 clubs, as a split gate. 

Incidentally, for the Boxing Day friendly between Batley and Dewsbury, the new 2019 season prices were charged and that, was £20.

For the thrill of this coming Sunday, £14 is worth every penny! Can't wait.

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's what I'm thinking. Watersheddings was bad enough and that was under cover.

As my dad used to say"it's not cold you just think it is". I'm from moorside,a stone's throw away from sheddings so I'm used to it. Looking forward to Sunday.

Archived