Sign in to follow this  
scotchy1

9s, more marquee players,

7 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

4.1m people travel to Tenerife from outside Spain every year. Im comfortable that it has the infrastructure to handle another 10k

10-11000 a day for a holiday island with flights from all over Europe yep great 10000 extra for a sporting event from Airports in the UK airports around Barcelona dream on.

36 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

10-11000 a day for a holiday island with flights from all over Europe yep great 10000 extra for a sporting event from Airports in the UK airports around Barcelona dream on.

Im sorry, i dont know what this means.

But i will say 10k isnt much. How do people think the world handles things like Euro's World Cups, Champions cup Finals etc. People travel its not really a problem.

Id also add Ryanair, Easyjet, Jet2, Norwegian, BA,Tui, Thomas Cook, all fly direct from multiple airports multiples times a day, BA, Iberia, Vueling, Air Europa, Norwegian, Austrian, Swiss, Lufthansa, Air Lingus, KLM and Air France all run connecting flights. If you look at google flights for next wednesday for instance there are 291 flights leaving from Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Heathrow, Gatwick and Standstead to Tenerife, and 279 on thursday.

Edited by scotchy1

8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Im sorry, i dont know what this means. oh and if you think doubling the daily capacity to one Island will be OK good luck.

But i will say 10k isnt much. How do people think the world handles things like Euro's World Cups, Champions cup Finals etc. People travel its not really a problem.

Id also add Ryanair, Easyjet, Jet2, Norwegian, BA,Tui, Thomas Cook, all fly direct from multiple airports multiples times a day, BA, Iberia, Vueling, Air Europa, Norwegian, Austrian, Swiss, Lufthansa, Air Lingus, KLM and Air France all run connecting flights. If you look at google flights for next wednesday for instance there are 291 flights leaving from Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Heathrow, Gatwick and Standstead to Tenerife, and 279 on thursday.

You are missing my point if you think doubling the arrival numbers or over a couple of days increased footfall by 50% in Tenerife with a minimum crowd of 10,000 I do not think it would cope, if 50000 which is most unlikely would like to attend it would never happen.

I know what airlines fly to Tenerife etc i don't need to check for stats being a very frequent traveller. Flights are not that cheap anymore to Tenerife esp with bags and I avoid Ryanair wherever I can its a last resort.

I would prefer to scrap the concept its a farce.

6 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

You are missing my point if you think doubling the arrival numbers or over a couple of days increased footfall by 50% in Tenerife with a minimum crowd of 10,000 I do not think it would cope, if 50000 which is most unlikely would like to attend it would never happen.

I know what airlines fly to Tenerife etc i don't need to check for stats being a very frequent traveller. Flights are not that cheap anymore to Tenerife esp with bags and I avoid Ryanair wherever I can its a last resort.

I would prefer to scrap the concept its a farce.

50k is a crazy number that i didnt suggest. The stadium only holds 22k.

And you arent increasing footfall by 50%, 10k a day is simply the average. Obviously there are already peaks and troughs, high season and low season. The idea that in low season it couldnt cope with an extra 2 or 3k per day is just silly. There are two aiports, 1 with an annual passenger count of over 10m, the other around 4m.

10k out of an annual passenger count of 14m is an increase of 0.07%. It really is a negligible amount im honestly not sure why you think its a big deal.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:56 AM, scotchy1 said:

50k is a crazy number that i didnt suggest. The stadium only holds 22k.

And you arent increasing footfall by 50%, 10k a day is simply the average. Obviously there are already peaks and troughs, high season and low season. The idea that in low season it couldnt cope with an extra 2 or 3k per day is just silly. There are two aiports, 1 with an annual passenger count of over 10m, the other around 4m.

10k out of an annual passenger count of 14m is an increase of 0.07%. It really is a negligible amount im honestly not sure why you think its a big deal.

Just my opinion is different to yours or is that not allowed