Stuart Pearce on the wireless this morning

Driving home this morning and Stuart Pearce was on the Jim White show on Talksport, praising our game to the skys. Going up to Warrington this Sunday apparently.  Was nice to hear...good old Psycho.

I believe he and Tony Smith were fairly close after Smith spent some time with him observing the England football set up. Smith then invited him to Warrington and it developed from there.

He was a guest for a few days at the preseason Malaga? Training camp in 2017 I think.

Was photographed on his way to a City game recently with a Wire coat on, so is certainly a fan.

20 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Well he punted it over the crossbar so really tuition wasn't required.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but if you're referring to Italia 90, it was Waddle who put his penalty over the bar. Pearce's penalty was saved.

Anyway, it's great hearing prominent people talking positively about rugby league, especially someone like Pearce who is (I think) hugely respected by football fans in England. I liked him as a player, but I've grown to like and respect him even more having listened to him on the radio etc.

25 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but if you're referring to Italia 90, it was Waddle who put his penalty over the bar. Pearce's penalty was saved.

Anyway, it's great hearing prominent people talking positively about rugby league, especially someone like Pearce who is (I think) hugely respected by football fans in England. I liked him as a player, but I've grown to like and respect him even more having listened to him on the radio etc.

Thought he and Waddle skied it. Memory playing tricks I suppose.

Archived