Match Thread. Pre-season friendly. Featherstone v Halifax Sunday 20th January.

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Off topic but does anyone suscribe to Fev TV, thinking of getting the years subscription and wondering if its any good, what you get included with it? its pretty vague on the website. Cheers.

Match highlights, full re runs of games extended interviews with staff, players etc 

Theres also classic games on there - they also showed highlights of all the other champ games but they stopped doing that halfway through last season

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Off topic but does anyone suscribe to Fev TV, thinking of getting the years subscription and wondering if its any good, what you get included with it? its pretty vague on the website. Cheers.

Hi ,yes i have Fev Tv i pay a pound a week and its worth every penny you have live commentary on game days ,pre and post match interviews ,loads of games from the past to watch and also the sunday fixture say for instance round 1 at Bradford would  normally be  on fev tv by monday 

23 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Match highlights, full re runs of games extended interviews with staff, players etc 

Theres also classic games on there - they also showed highlights of all the other champ games but they stopped doing that halfway through last season

4 minutes ago, paff said:

Hi ,yes i have Fev Tv i pay a pound a week and its worth every penny you have live commentary on game days ,pre and post match interviews ,loads of games from the past to watch and also the sunday fixture say for instance round 1 at Bradford would  normally be  on fev tv by monday 

Thanks, sounds good. Yeah its saying 65 pound for the year so well worth it at that price. I noticed all last seasons games are listed as premium so are they archived and all available to watch if i subscribed now?  Quite impressive that a full re-run of a sunday game is available as early as monday. 

15 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Thanks, sounds good. Yeah its saying 65 pound for the year so well worth it at that price. I noticed all last seasons games are listed as premium so are they archived and all available to watch if i subscribed now?  Quite impressive that a full re-run of a sunday game is available as early as monday. 

There were occasions last year when the raw footage (what they termed "first viewing") was up within an hour of the final whistle after home games, though that was unedited and didn't have the second camera angle from behind the tryline, replays of tries etc. Even for away games the full version seemed to be up within 48 hours.

It really is an excellent service.

Teteh went well as well - tackled out of his skin

Delaney only played first 15 mins (did nothing) and Carey the first half (one great tackle but too early to tell as was probably still jetlagged)

Davies was phenomenal today - still think QLT is still trying to work out how Davies picked his pocket for the second try

Good game today thought fax were the better team 1st half and we was the better team 2nd half so a draw was probably the right result in the end

7 minutes ago, plug said:

Is it me or does brett delaney not look interested when he's on the pitch 

His body is destroyed, injuries have taken its toll, he'll be on the treatment table more than the pitch this season, hopefully he's on match terms rather than a big contract. 

Enjoyed the game, both teams gave good accounts of themselves. In my opinion we (slightly biased) got more out of it...

Very impressed with Watson Boas, to he has only trained this week he was outstanding. His kicking game in the Fax 20 and how he hits the line before releasing the ball were particularly impressive. Johnny Davis was immense, changed the game completely when he came on along with Wheeldon who again impressed after a long time out. Cooper as always full of effort and work along with Locky. Brad Day looks a real talent, take some stopping near the line and nearly had a couple of tries today. Teteh was what you imagined he would be, strong, hard hitting centre. Josh Walters is staking a real claim for that centre spot.

Special mentions too for young Beckett and Richardson who caught the eye, think we may see a fair bit of them during the season. To say this still a brand new team with the likes of Bussey, Ase, King, Hatrison to all come in along with extended minute for Carey and Delaeney who will all be in our 17, I think we played well.

As for Fax, in Sharpe and Robbo they have two of the best in the league. Very hard to put down as always. Was also impressed with Layroyer, he got through some work and Kaye caused us problems as always. They also defended their line well. Without Murrell they will find it hard to break down the top 6 teams and I thought there pack missed a Tangata who has caused us plenty of problems in the past. I thought we dominated them in the middle. 

Plenty for both teams to work on and I'm sure both will be better for today. 

i also thought Jimmy Beckett put a good stint in well he was on the field, I don't know who Fax number 17 was but he was fantastic 1st half. Davies was M.O.M. i still like the look of young Keedan Hartley a future super star in my opinion.

a very enjoyable afternoon a lot better than the other pre season games we have had to endure. looking forward to another fantastic season #U.T.R

How did the young lad from Hull Uni go on the wing? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

he didn't look out of place.     really enjoyed the game today, looking forward  to the season after that.  At last we have a last tackle option.  Amaziing kicks by Boas.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

1 hour ago, Notaek Rega said:

Enjoyed the game, both teams gave good accounts of themselves. In my opinion we (slightly biased) got more out of it...

Very impressed with Watson Boas, to he has only trained this week he was outstanding. His kicking game in the Fax 20 and how he hits the line before releasing the ball were particularly impressive. Johnny Davis was immense, changed the game completely when he came on along with Wheeldon who again impressed after a long time out. Cooper as always full of effort and work along with Locky. Brad Day looks a real talent, take some stopping near the line and nearly had a couple of tries today. Teteh was what you imagined he would be, strong, hard hitting centre. Josh Walters is staking a real claim for that centre spot.

Special mentions too for young Beckett and Richardson who caught the eye, think we may see a fair bit of them during the season. To say this still a brand new team with the likes of Bussey, Ase, King, Hatrison to all come in along with extended minute for Carey and Delaeney who will all be in our 17, I think we played well.

As for Fax, in Sharpe and Robbo they have two of the best in the league. Very hard to put down as always. Was also impressed with Layroyer, he got through some work and Kaye caused us problems as always. They also defended their line well. Without Murrell they will find it hard to break down the top 6 teams and I thought there pack missed a Tangata who has caused us plenty of problems in the past. I thought we dominated them in the middle. 

Plenty for both teams to work on and I'm sure both will be better for today. 

spot on

Just now, lingard said:

he didn't look out of place.     really enjoyed the game today, looking forward  to the season after that.  At last we have a last tackle option.  Amaziing kicks by Boas.

More threatening kicks today from Watson than in a full season from Riddy.  

My thoughts...both PNG guys went well, loved the enthusiasm Watson showed, lots of backslapping etc whenever we forced an error, love to see that. It's great to see a good team spirit after what must have been a very tough few months for the existing players such as Davies, Cooper, Hardcastle, Lockwood etc, it must have been very difficult for them to see such a close-knit team split apart but it does look like the management have pulled a few rabbits from hats and created a team that should be enjoyable to watch on the reduced budget.

Johnny D was his usual all-action self, interesting that he appeared to play in the middle for part of the game, not sure what i think about that as you'd need to spell him whereas he tends to play 80 minutes on the edge, but either way he energises everyone when he's on the field and that tackle on Fleming was something else.

I really liked the look of Conor Carey, nothing spectacular but did all the little things well. He produced a tremendous tackle (helped by Golding) on Ben Kavanagh over the line when he looked certain to score, and also tackled Robinson into touch near the corner flag. He skinned Robinson one-on-one for his disallowed try (I don't think Robinson knew the whistle had gone) and generally showed up well running the ball in from dummy half. Looks like one of those players who plays above his weight.

On the other wing, I doubt if Jimmy McDaniel is going to make the 1st team at this stage, but he has done nothing wrong all pre-season and produced a great tackle to put Will Sharp the wrong side of the corner flag early in the game. I don't think he'll let us down if he is called up at some stage this year.

Also thought Jimmmy Beckett had his best game for us so far, again it wouldn't surprise me if he sneaked into the squad later in the year.

I think Jorge Richardson looks a bit ahead of Punchard in terms of the reserve half backs at this stage. The game is still a bit fast for both of them at this level and they are finding defenders on top of them, both need more time in the reserves you'd say, and both need to practice their attacking kicks, we really have given away too many 7-tackle sets this pre-season.

Am another to be pretty impressed by Brad Day, one of the Batley visitors to this forum said earlier this season that we'd be surprised at how good he is and I think he's right, he looks very solid and seems to win most of the collisions.

All in all it was very encouraging, the only thing I would say is that was nowhere near Fax's best line-up, especially in the 2nd half, but we have one or two more to come in and slowly we do at least seem to be getting close to having a decent team. Hope nobody expects too much early on as we are clearly going to take time to gel, Bradford, Batley, Leigh, Halifax and Widnes represents a very tough start to the season but it will certainly be interesting to see how we go.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, plug said:

Is it me or does brett delaney not look interested when he's on the pitch 

I said on ere when we signed him he was injury prone , I’ll be incredibly surprised if he makes a contribution this season , the championship is tough and I can’t see this guy doing owt for us

Archived