Today's game

ipods4ever

Disappointed with result/score, given the loss of bragging rights to our diehard fans and as possible pointers to the season ahead.  Congratulations to Oldham - two Championship scalps, with next week’s Swinton game to come.  Oldham must be favoured for promotion and if so, I hope we shall be playing them next season!   From social media reports, it appears that their defence was excellent, how effective our attack and general performance - I await reports and comments from our Coach.  After only two “friendly” games and with new and existing players still blending, it seems somewhat premature to write us off completely.  Certainly this league is ultra competitive and not a few with substantial  backing.   As for “planning for league 1”- absolute b....x!   

Today was pretty diabolical to be fair, go forward wasn’t impressive meaning the half backs that aren’t half backs struggled and had to try and force the play. 

It is really early days yet and so I wouldn’t get carried away with the negativity but the team is lacking flair and something special. 

Who played in 13 for hornets, team sheet says Howarth but it’s wasnt. I thought he looked very good. Brandon Wood tried his heart out and looks really good, definitely not a winger though

Decent turn out from Hornets fans, not much to shout about though. No offence but off that showing it will be a long season for you guys in the Championship. Expected a bit more tbh, didn't seem too much cohesion or even spirit in your side today. 

Oh well, hope you can improve and stay in the Championship and we can join you. Good luck for the season. 

A positive from the hornets side, was the scramble defence which was excellent in the first half, 

I think that you learn more in defeat as you see which players you can rely on. 

Finally good luck with your 2019 season 

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Good to see the hornets over at ours today.

With the cup not being played in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015 you had a few opportunities to host the game. Then again for some  seasons you where the Whitefield Roughyeds and the Stalybridge Roughyeds.

18 hours ago, The Lad said:

With the cup not being played in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015 you had a few opportunities to host the game. Then again for some  seasons you where the Whitefield Roughyeds and the Stalybridge Roughyeds.

Don't forget Leigh, Chorley, Blackpool and Hurst Cross roughyeds, but my heart is red white and blue 

22 hours ago, The Lad said:

Whitefield and Stalybridge. Both better than Rochdale mate.

No they are not. And im an oldham fan. I'd give my right arm to be playing in a stadium like Spotland in our home town.

The days we could look down our noses at Hornets are long gone. Just look at how far ahead of us they are in engaging with the community and being inclusive . That's just 2 examples.

Archived