• Keighley
    • London Skolars
    • Newcastle
    • North Wales Crusaders
    • Oldham
    • West Wales Raiders
    • Whitehaven
    • Workington
  2. 2. Who will win the League 1 Playoff Final?

• Coventry
    • Doncaster
    • Hunslet
    • Keighley
    • London Skolars
    • Newcastle
    • North Wales Crusaders
    • Oldham
    • West Wales Raiders
    • Whitehaven
    • Workington
  3. 3. Who will finish bottom of League 1?

• Coventry
    • Doncaster
    • Hunslet
    • Keighley
    • London Skolars
    • Newcastle
    • North Wales Crusaders
    • Oldham
    • West Wales Raiders
    • Whitehaven
    • Workington

Tricky one. Looks like Newcastle and Oldham will be strong, and maybe Workington can start where they left off last season.

I know that West Wales folk seem optimistic, but for them an improvement would be not getting humped every week and Hemel are gone. Unless Keighley implode it looks like they will still be bottom.

I reckon Coventry might be a surprise package this season.

2 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Workington can start where they left off last season.

Crucial . We’ve Oldham Donny and Newcastle in the first 5 . We’ve had slow starts before then get into overdrive but can’t really afford that this year . It’ll be tight with teams at the top not dropping many games and the games between each other will be pivotal . I’m pretty confident tbh . Leon’s another year in and experienced , the side is settled with lots of experience which is key at this level , and as ever we’ve a very strong pack with some talent to feed off that . Injuries to key players may test our depth , and we must nail our away consistency which has been a problem , but with a fair wind I’d say we can at least look anyone else in the eye . Caine Barnes deffo one to watch , gonna be a star . The second row pairing with Maudling is exciting . As ever we’ll see how it pans out . That’s the good point of this time of the year , nothing’s gone wrong yet !

21 minutes ago, Swansea Jack said:

Ever the optimist I am excited to watch West Wales Raiders.

I think there are a few naive people with West Wales. Can’t see them winning more than 2 games if that, welcome to quote me at the end of the season. I’ve heard one of their recruits hasn’t turned up, one has gone home. All rumours but just what I’ve heard. 

8 minutes ago, RLNew said:

I think there are a few naive people with West Wales. Can’t see them winning more than 2 games if that, welcome to quote me at the end of the season. I’ve heard one of their recruits hasn’t turned up, one has gone home. All rumours but just what I’ve heard. 

As everyone,everywhere,should be optimistic before a new campaign begins - I hope to quote you before the Ides of March have passed.

If you take note of every false rumour you won't have much time to do much else.

I take it the lack of predictions for Hunslet to do well is because their followers use social media.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I'm hoping (and praying) that North Wales Crusaders get themselves into the top 5 - then there is everychance they could win a playoff! Lets hope I haven't jinxed them!

Its going to be a very tough season for all clubs. Only 11 home fixtures (after Bradford going up a league and Hemel going into L1 South) against some very competitive teams, but on a reduced income as there are less teams

Other than the Challenge Cup, theres  the 1895 Cup, which we aren't participating in as the RFL, in their wisdom have give another  opportunity to Championship Clubs to have even more games and a chance to play at Wembley - and expect L1 teams to play on Wednesday evenings between league games - thats going to disrupt one or two L1 teams and potentially add to their injury list.

I sincerely hope that Keighley can sort out their off-field problems - we have always been made very welcome by their fans when we have visited, a real shame a club with a tremendous history has fallen on hard times. 

Good luck to all teams in League 1 and we look forward to seeing you at Queensway Stadium during the season.

I went for Oldham , they are flying in pre season and have signed another good half back in A Brook from Fax yesterday , big squad and a lot of strength in depth , runners up could be any from Donny , Thunder and Town

Bottom WW Raiders , Keighley may not even start and if they do they may not finish the season 

10 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Just wondering how Keighley will get on now they’re starting on -12 

Mick O'Neill said in his interview with James Deighton that he thinks we can finish in the play-offs. Now that could be a bit too optimistic but I reckon we should have just enough quality to finish with positive points and avoid bottom spot.

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Which if any League 1 clubs have a dual reg deal with a Super League club?

That could significantly strengthen them and have an influence on the league.

Donny have dual reg with Hull. We have even paid them a sizeable fee to ensure that we get a better quality of player from them this year... I and a lot of fellow Donny fans are fed up of DR and would rather have a team of our own players. Hull were planning on having a reserve side this year so have a squad of nearly 40 players this season. 

2 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Donny have dual reg with Hull. We have even paid them a sizeable fee to ensure that we get a better quality of player from them this year... I and a lot of fellow Donny fans are fed up of DR and would rather have a team of our own players. Hull were planning on having a reserve side this year so have a squad of nearly 40 players this season. 

It’s really frustrating seeing the Hull lads play well for Donny one week but then not knowing if they are available the next. 

rldfsignature.jpg

25 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

Mick O'Neill said in his interview with James Deighton that he thinks we can finish in the play-offs. Now that could be a bit too optimistic but I reckon we should have just enough quality to finish with positive points and avoid bottom spot.

Yeah, its good to have optimism, but you also need a bit of realism

League 1 is an 11 team league this year, so a maximum of 40 points available. If they win every single game, they'll end up on 28 points. That's simply not going to happen.

Third or fourth from bottom would be a great achievement

42 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

It’s really frustrating seeing the Hull lads play well for Donny one week but then not knowing if they are available the next. 

That’s DR . However our clubs spin it we’re very much not in control . It gives strength , but it’s artificial and inconsistent . And it can be disruptive as well to the squad you’ve got . Swings n roundabouts and it’s something to have in the back pocket as an insurance but I’d loathe to be leaning and relying  heavily on it as a central part of the plan for the season . That can be risky and the crutch can be kicked away any time  . We have a link with hudds but I don’t see it playing a massive part unless injuries bite . Even last year the couple of lads were made loans 

8 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Which if any League 1 clubs have a dual reg deal with a Super League club?

That could significantly strengthen them and have an influence on the league.

North Wales Crusaders are in partnership with Widnes Vikings - call it Dual Reg if you like, but its to our advantage to have training facilities and medical support for our players. We will have a few of their young players basically on a season loan but we are unlikely to have any of the Vikings first string as they will all be needed for their campaign to get out of the Championship.

Archived