BREAKING: Sky to broadcast Championship play-offs and Toronto Wolfpack fixtures

8 hours ago, SL17 said:

Welcome to Sky.. Pretty sure they'll look after TWP.. After all the viewing for promotion will outweigh the Grand Final.

Why do you think that?

Last year's figures:

Grand Final: 300k

MPG: 210k

That was a very impressive figure by the way, it beat the SL semi finals that week:

Saints v Wire: 173k

Wigan v Cas: 142k

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SL17 said:

It won't clash. Sky will tell you. You have a 7-00 pm Saturday slot BST. Not sure how that works out on a Sunday game,but again I'm sure Sky will tell us.

Well I guess we will just have to make it work then...roll up the sleeves and pitter patter better get at her.  Or as they say up in these here parts: "Git 'er done!"

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

It won't clash. Sky will tell you. You have a 7-00 pm Saturday slot BST. Not sure how that works out on a Sunday game,but again I'm sure Sky will tell us.

This would not be a big change for the TWP home games, currently scheduled on a Sunday at 2pm EDT (7pm BST) for the opener on April 28th, and thereafter Saturdays at 1pm EDT (6pm BST). Pushing the Saturday games back an hour would not be a big deal, and would likely increase sales for lunch at the 3 Brewers before games.

If they are to change game times, the sooner this is done the better. Many tickets have already been issued with the current start times on them.

58 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

This would not be a big change for the TWP home games, currently scheduled on a Sunday at 2pm EDT (7pm BST) for the opener on April 28th, and thereafter Saturdays at 1pm EDT (6pm BST). Pushing the Saturday games back an hour would not be a big deal, and would likely increase sales for lunch at the 3 Brewers before games.

If they are to change game times, the sooner this is done the better. Many tickets have already been issued with the current start times on them.

Lamport start times used to be 4 p.m. ET on Saturdays. A key reason for pulling back to 1 p.m. is because a number of the visiting teams want to fly out Saturday night to get home via Manchester, not Glasgow (on Sunday). A 2 p.m. start wouldn't be cutting it too fine but any later might put travel at risk.

7 hours ago, The Parksider said:

It's a forum "full" of fantasy posters. I like my Rugby League in the real world, not cloud cuckoo land where the season starts in the Canary islands with Scotchy's nines, before we play out the world league where the opening fixture is his Perth.v.New York.  "Magic" weekend will be in Denver, whilst Wembley will be full again when the Challenge Cup final is the curtain raiser to Hector McNeil's London Broncos.v.London Skolars in the sold out key SL event. The major test series will be England.v.Canada Grid Irons in a three test series Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Are these ideas "positive" enough for you?

Or are they just dreams?

Oh dear, I'm sorry to burst your balloon but nobody in TWP are from Toronto, and not even Canada. The Canadians don't really play RL. They used to play RL extensively in Nova Scotia so if TWP had been real they would actually be nothing new. They used to play a lot of RL in  Serbia so I suppose red Star Belgrade are nothing new either.

I never thought Catalans would have to come play here because the French League had declined so much. I never thought they would  have to fill up with so many overseas players to compete to the dismay of fans here, and that this would mean no more Great Britain.v.France Tests? I never thought we would see an end to Great Britain.v.Australia test matches either before massive crowds on terrestrial TV, the absolute pinnacle of the game, or the pinnacle of the domestic season, the Challenge cup sinking so low.

Oh and by the way I saw 26K in for GB.v.Fiji at Wigan 25 years ago......

Change is indeed happening in the real world but sadly it is something nobody seems to want to face up to so it's off to dreamland with Scotchy and his mates. I get it that I am now in a minority on here with this kind of realism, but when you turn off your computer after calling me a liar. and Scotchy pressing "Like this" to your delight, you will walk out into the real world where the vast majority of the 100,000 staunch English RL supporters who are still enjoying the real world, don't share your future world view.

"Dream with the pack"

Sarcasm = negativity.

By your standards, none of the teams in the Premier League are English either as they are full of foreign-born players. In case you haven't noticed, and I doubt you Have, the more successful sports leagues in the world have players from all over the world in them.

But negativists like you still want your old model of local kids growing up to play for the local team against the other team just up the road. Well that model is dying, at the professional level at least, and the sooner you come to realize it the better for your beloved game. 

47 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Sarcasm = negativity.

By your standards, none of the teams in the Premier League are English either as they are full of foreign-born players. In case you haven't noticed, and I doubt you Have, the more successful sports leagues in the world have players from all over the world in them.

But negativists like you still want your old model of local kids growing up to play for the local team against the other team just up the road. Well that model is dying, at the professional level at least, and the sooner you come to realize it the better for your beloved game. 

You've quoted Parky, which is your choice but it does give me the opportunity to warn him that if he is going to blythly call every poster on here a fantasist then  I'm reporting it to the mods.

7 pages in, a thread about telly coverage has drifted to become yet another thread arguing the toss over whether Toronto Wolfpack should exist or not.

Probably the right time to lock it.

Archived