Last gasp wins

I'm sure we've done this before but nothing sums up why sport is awesome than a shocking last gasp win. So I thought I'd start a thread of them.

Add yours.

First up. From a few days ago, to the joy of everyone, Angola beat the low-down-dirty-bribing cheats of Qatar in the preliminary round of this year's World Championship ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

England become Commonwealth Games champions in netball. Beating Australia.

Enjoy the winning shot or, if you don't plan to buy Gillette ever again, enjoy women in short skirts rolling on top of each other:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A field goal attempt with 0.01 on the clock. All results - draw for overtime, Bama win, Auburn win - still possible. And the Iron Bowl is kind of a big deal ...

TGG with a last gasp win for the greatest team. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I'm including this because the nature of cricket upsets tends to be that if the 'better' team bats deep into their overs then they will win. But not this time. And so Scotland beat England.

Bottom of the ninth. Down by 3. Bases loaded. Two outs. Up steps pinch hitter David Who? A swing later and everyone knows David Bote's name ...

27 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Bottom of the ninth. Down by 3. Bases loaded. Two outs. Up steps pinch hitter David Who? A swing later and everyone knows David Bote's name ...

I wouldn't have “run the bases“. I would have “strutted the bases“! 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I wouldn't have “run the bases“. I would have “strutted the bases“! 

That's disrespecting the game and means that in your next match a pitcher will throw 90mph at your body.

Them's the unwritten rules.

As it was, he (genuinely) had to apologise for that pathetic little bat flip.

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Snowflakes ?

Bizarrely, it's the MAGA hat wearing crowd who get most riled up about it.

But then MLB put this video out for the postseason this year ...

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

This is how you win the league

This I can watch again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and  for ever! ????

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Scar tissue of losses stay in the mind ! At least we haven’t got to the WC semi yet , or T20 final or more than a few penalty shoot outs ...

Archived