Challenge Cup stream (non-UK viewers)

It seems BBC site does not allow the non-UK fans to watch the streams.  Does anyone know any ways around this?

Not many will be tuning in for today's match, but for tomorrow's match with Red Star, there will be plenty interest from around Europe and other parts of the world.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, langpark said:

It seems BBC site does not allow the non-UK fans to watch the streams.  Does anyone know any ways around this?

Not many will be tuning in for today's match, but for tomorrow's match with Red Star, there will be plenty interest from around Europe and other parts of the world.

Is there a BBC streamed game today? 

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Were you able to watch TWP against Siddal in 2017? 

Yes, I clearly remember that game, but I seem to remember it being done through FB, perhaps I'm mistaken though.  I know a lot of BBC content has been blocked in the past for us.  I just hope and pray tomorrow's match is not one of them.  Surely not.

Just now, langpark said:

Yes, I clearly remember that game, but I seem to remember it being done through FB, perhaps I'm mistaken though.  I know a lot of BBC content has been blocked in the past for us.  I just hope and pray tomorrow's match is not one of them.  Surely not.

It was streamed via the BBC website. I recall Dave Woods mentioning they were getting tweets from around the world about the match.

rldfsignature.jpg

ok, so it is Orrell St James v Underbank Rangers on the laptop, Royal Navy v West Hull on the internet tv, Bentley v British Army on the tablet and Flash Scores on the phone.

(and the Mrs on the phone to the divorce lawer on Monday probably!)

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Can you stream today’s game?

Not the Bentley game no, as far as I can see the stream never started as it still says waiting on Youtube.

I have settled on St James' Underbank game and twitter updates for some of the other fixtures.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Right, dumb question time. Where is the link to the OSJ v Underbank game on the BBC website? I can’t see any reference to it?

Sitting watching in Oslo airport via Our League... Cant remember last seasons CC streams being blocked abroad. Our League saying "Watch Millom v Red Star Belgrade live around the world on the BBC Sport website this Sunday from 1:30pm." 

3 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I caught the end of the first half then had to take a ‘phone call. When I got back the picture wasn’t on the main tv. I went to the OL app and I can’t see a link to the game anymore. It even says there are no fixtures today.

I always just go straight to the video page via the url below

https://membership.rugby-league.com/video

Top quality footage of an umbrella on the OurLeague stream at the moment.

Missed most of the first half of today's streamed tie on OurLeague, but rebooting everything in sight got me the second half with few problems. So it was most likely a problem at my end of the chain.

And we saw the return of the cameraman's famous chamois leather!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I watched the whole game from my laptop with no interruption or buffering this time.

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Missed most of the first half of today's streamed tie on OurLeague, but rebooting everything in sight got me the second half with few problems. So it was most likely a problem at my end of the chain.

And we saw the return of the cameraman's famous chamois leather!

And the inside of an umbrella!

rldfsignature.jpg

Unless they "Unblock " the stream for the game then a great oppertunity to promote both the Challenge Cup and Red Star is lost.

I have no problems as I will get by the geo block with my VPN, but if people dont have one/know about them then they wont be able to watch the game.

Colin Kleyweg and Red Star as still saying " world wide " on Facebook but now Im having my doubts ..

Archived