Correct ticket reminder

hrtbps

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, lingard said:

Doesn't come across as a family friendly club when you can't take your own food and drink.  Think again Featherstone Rovers.

Do many other clubs allow you to bring your own food and drink in, especially when they have their own retail outlets selling them? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

If prices were as low as the outside for drinks and food this would not be necessary and more sales would be made. With regard to tickets how do you get in with a poor one unless somebody lets you?

Just now, jamescolin said:

If prices were as low as the outside for drinks and food this would not be necessary and more sales would be made. With regard to tickets how do you get in with a poor one unless somebody lets you?

Tickets wise, I'd suspect people trying to get in on concession tickets when they're not eligible or sharing season tickets. It hints to me that checks may be made to look at ID against the relevant ticket. 

Food and drink wise you're right in terms of sales, however like ticket prices, there's a balance between how much to charge and how much will sell. Presumably the club thinks the current pricing structure gives the best profit. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

The club needs more money to progress. Either supporters put their hands in their pockets to allow the club to grow, or they don't and we stagnate. Our choice.

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

The club needs more money to progress. Either supporters put their hands in their pockets to allow the club to grow, or they don't and we stagnate. Our choice.

I'm for and against it. I'll hold my hand up and say that I've bought concessions a few time just because I couldn't financially get full ticket price. Also, this is the first year, ever, for me to not have a season ticket as the early bird was VERY early and didn't extend up until December like previous years. The problem with this ticket malarky is this: let's say someone over 60 buys a concession ticket, but then can't make it to the match due to illness etc, you're telling me that ticket can't be given to someone else to take said persons place? I think the crowds will suffer in all honesty and if the crowd is down, the bar intake is down. 

I'd just accept it, if loads of folk are getting in for a tenner a pop, how much revenue would they lose if they stopped going altogether because of it? 

4 minutes ago, ROVERS FOREVER said:

I'd just accept it, if loads of folk are getting in for a tenner a pop, how much revenue would they lose if they stopped going altogether because of it? 

I can see both sides of the argument. It's an expensive hobby, especially for those on low incomes, which is a significant demographic in the club's fan base. 

Ultimately it's the clubs decision, and only time will tell if it has any negative consequences. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, lingard said:

exactly the point i was making, are they going yo confiscate my flask and ham sandwich ffs

Last season stewards at Odsall tried to confiscate my flask and pasties. Fortunately for me they were distracted by a family trying to take in food for their children!

As I said earlier, anybody with a season ticket for themselves and their family they should get drinks and food at a discount on production of their season ticket. That would stop people taking drinks and food with them as they get it at the same price or cheaper. People also frequent local pubs on match days, be competitive and sales would increase. This strict discipline is going to deter people from going. Security yes but over doing it is silly. Market your product at reasonable prices and entertain your customers in any way you can for both adult and children. Get their imagination going with attractions so they want to go to a match. I was a successful marketing manager in my working days and my motto was it is not what I want to sell it is what the customer wants to buy. I adapted the product accordingly. It is called customer satisfaction. You get to know by asking the customer what they want.  Hard work but very income generating. Use all our assets to generate customer attractions. 

About 3 seasons ago they stopped Eric Lorriman taking his own flask in, something he’d done for years, he appealed and was told he could start bringing it again (which he did). Last season I was stopped several times to have my rather small handbag searched, I eventually went to the turnstiles where  the stewards were stood with the aforesaid handbag and said “look no alcohol” and was told that wasn’t what they were looking for. We’ve asked several times for some healthy options to be served eg: jacket potato with various fillings, but to no avail, some people don’t relish the burgers etc what’s on offer and if you’ve a few kids or on a limited budget it turns into a very expensive day out, so people taking food/nibbles in is a way for their kids not to miss out. Then there’s the people with  diabetes, coeliac disease and other digestive or intolerance to certain stuff you’ve to make some leeway for. A bit of common ground is required 

Im Fev and im proud

The attitude is all wrong. We have as long as I can remember been a family club. To get people interested you need to make them feel welcome. I would let people bring their own food. I would let children in free for 5 games then charge them a £1 a head for the rest of the season to get them interested. If you want new supporters you have to make them feel they want to return. If a person has paid for a season ticket then he or she should be able to use it as they please. Give it to another person if they are unable to go. This current action is making the club seem anti social instead of welcoming. They seem to have no idea of marketing at all. Penny pinching will only drive people away. Lost leaders is the best way forward. This strictness does not allow any flexibility and is wrong if you want to move forward and grow. 

This is a terrible backward step by the club and could very easily backfire big time. I take a small bottle of water with me wherever I go out due to having to take regular medication, and probably a mars bar. I do not drink during the match as I drive there and I do not like burgers, so the club is not losing out on me, but they certainly will when I decide enough is enough.

A detailed statement from the club would clear the air somewhat, as to the reason for this stance, together with what they deem "food and drink", alcohol has been banned for as long as I can remember.

With all the extra bins required and the means and expense to remove the "litter" will  outweigh the possibly extra revenue and loss of supporters.

Further I would use some of the land to have kids rides on it. These would be free for season ticket holder parents for their children's enjoyment . Season ticket could be purchased at the events along with ice cream and pop. Imagination is needed instead of computer ruled regulations. 

Why dont we just let everyone in free close all the outlets and go back to been amateur, im pretty sure some would prefer that. I know for a fact MC has furnished 3 houses out of his own pocket sending his wife to ikea every day while trying to work at the same time. I bet he feels great then reading about fans moaning about having to buy a drink of coffee or water in the ground and heaven forbid spending an extra pound. I would walk away without doubt. You cant take your own food and drink into any facility that has there own outlets why should this be any different, dont people want promotion or what. I bet most of them moaning love going to farmer coplies and paying them extortionate  prices as well. just remember them players dont play for the love of the club they want paying 

We are asking for flexibility. Nobody is moaning about buying drinks or food what we are saying is the products don't always suit the individual so people can take in their own requirements. As for extra income and promotion if you  want it you have to attract extra people into the ground not drive them away. Extra income comes from extra bodies buying your products you therefore have to look at the overall picture.  It is the narrow way of looking at the situation that you are recommending.  MC action is an example of flexibility. He could have said find your own residences and pay through the nose. He didn't and therefore is applying what we are recommending. Be flexible with the circumstances you find yourself in. GOODWILL is what it is called.

41 minutes ago, gingdong said:

Why dont we just let everyone in free close all the outlets and go back to been amateur, im pretty sure some would prefer that. I know for a fact MC has furnished 3 houses out of his own pocket sending his wife to ikea every day while trying to work at the same time. I bet he feels great then reading about fans moaning about having to buy a drink of coffee or water in the ground and heaven forbid spending an extra pound. I would walk away without doubt. You cant take your own food and drink into any facility that has there own outlets why should this be any different, dont people want promotion or what. I bet most of them moaning love going to farmer coplies and paying them extortionate  prices as well. just remember them players dont play for the love of the club they want paying 

People have the choice to purchase or not to purchase the food and drinks if they so wish it’s their  perogative, some can not afford that so called extra pound as you put it, due to a limited income and budget etc. It’s very very rare I purchase the food from the outlets ( the smell of it is enough for me) I may buy an ice cream and a can of pop in the hot weather, my money is spent in the clubhouse, shop, sponsorship and golden gamble, so everyone helps in their own way .........just saying!!!!

Im Fev and im proud

6 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

People have the choice to purchase or not to purchase the food and drinks if they so wish it’s their  perogative, some can not afford that so called extra pound as you put it, due to a limited income and budget etc. It’s very very rare I purchase the food from the outlets ( the smell of it is enough for me) I may buy an ice cream and a can of pop in the hot weather, my money is spent in the clubhouse, shop, sponsorship and golden gamble, so everyone helps in their own way .........just saying!!!!

i can afford the xtra pound because since the age of 16 iv dragged myself out of bed at 5am and gone to work, some ought to try it.So what is the answer then let people take there own food / drink in and get rid of a couple of players ??? like i say them players do not play for free

45 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

We are asking for flexibility. Nobody is moaning about buying drinks or food what we are saying is the products don't always suit the individual so people can take in their own requirements. As for extra income and promotion if you  want it you have to attract extra people into the ground not drive them away. Extra income comes from extra bodies buying your products you therefore have to look at the overall picture.  It is the narrow way of looking at the situation that you are recommending.  MC action is an example of flexibility. He could have said find your own residences and pay through the nose. He didn't and therefore is applying what we are recommending. Be flexible with the circumstances you find yourself in. GOODWILL is what it is called.

yes goodwill buys you players doesnt it

Most of us are quite enthused at the side that is now coming together given what has to be considered a disappointing end to last season and a below par performance leading to missing out on the top four and the implications that had for funding.

The club has to strike a balance by maximising it's possible income. We can argue about policy and/or approach all day but the club has to do what it believes is right to meet its obligations.

In that respect at least, suggy is correct. I'd sooner they maximise what income they can so I can watch a quality team coached by the best the club can source.

Each have their own choices to make. I'll have a couple at the top house to avoid suggy and his band of fruitcakes.... then everything else in my pocket is reserved for spending at the ground and I do so happy that my spend is contributing to keep a competitive team on the field. 

I'm sure for those few who genuinely have a medical reason, a chat will sort it.

Archived