Correct ticket reminder

hrtbps

5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't understand what the problem is here.

Would anyone think it was OK to waltz into a boozer with a beer you'd bought in Tesco?

Fully behind the club on this one. I think it's taking the pizz in the extreme taking your own stuff in. 

Agree with the comment about healthier options, lard pies are no good for me any more.

Maybe folk with specific dietary requirements that the club can't cater for should be given an exemption?

Must admit that the food prices do not represent good value for what is pretty low quality fare, so I now limit my kids to drinks only and make them eat before we go.

Well said.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Luxury!!! I got up an hour before I went to bed, did a 28 hour shift in't' mill, came home where me father beat me to within an inch of my life with his belt, ate gravel for me tea and lived in a hole in the street!

You were lucky..

the thing is it isnt a boozer it's a rugby ground.  If I wanted a beer I go to the pub, If I want a meal I go to a restraunt.  If I want to watch the game and drink my own ####### tea I cant see a prblem with it.   The amount it must cost to rumage through everyones belongings to russle the odd flask out of a pensioner must far out way the pence they get in return for forcing you to buy a weak as ###### drink of tea.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

20 minutes ago, lingard said:

the thing is it isnt a boozer it's a rugby ground.  If I wanted a beer I go to the pub, If I want a meal I go to a restraunt.  If I want to watch the game and drink my own ####### tea I cant see a prblem with it.   The amount it must cost to rumage through everyones belongings to russle the odd flask out of a pensioner must far out way the pence they get in return for forcing you to buy a weak as ###### drink of tea.

Here!! Here!!

9 minutes ago, fevnut said:

Read fevnut's musings to see why we think the ban on taking food and drink into the ground was a really misguided decision.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2019/01/fevnuts-musings-2019-5-lets-get-started.html

I agree exactly my point. To increase income and ticket holders it would be far easier to say that if you are a season ticket holder, on production of your ticket in the bar you get a discount on your drinks. Easy to manage, have a list of ticket holders and tick their name off on production of their card. Hold the card until they leave and then they collect it. Security covered. Up to two drinks in the offer.. 

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

On reflection, banning water is not really on.  But a ban on booze, pop, crisps, flasks of tea etc can be justified IMHO.

It would be really nice if the caterers had something other than grease and chips to offer though, such as a jacket tatie.

Surely they have to provide you with tap water anyway if you ask. Not that I'm suggesting people will be collapsing in their hundreds because they can't afford two quid for a bottle but I'm pretty sure there are some legal requirements around this so like you say, banning water isn't really on.

What is being missed here is that people have already PAID to get into the ground. That has to be a profitable item. Do they want to discourage people from coming who are carrying their own items? If enforced they make a few bob but how many upset people will cease to turn up in future so the net result is a LOSS. 

50 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

What is being missed here is that people have already PAID to get into the ground. That has to be a profitable item. Do they want to discourage people from coming who are carrying their own items? If enforced they make a few bob but how many upset people will cease to turn up in future so the net result is a LOSS. 

How many people will not turn up if they can't bring stuff in? The club may well generate more income from secondary spend than they lose in those paying through the turnstiles. That would meaner a bigger net PROFIT. 

Unless we can generate a parallel universe to test the alternate theories however, we can only assume the the club have decided that the current approach is likely to be the best option financially. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

must have a thicker skin than me the chairman because had i just funded out of my own pocket the refurbishment of 3 houses so we could keep our overseas contingent comfortable only to see the fans group that is fevnut opposing me i would be off like a shot

Have you never heard of flexibility. This is NOT opposing Mark it is just saying that this particular rule needs amending. Supporters are asking the management to consider the objections. We are talking of democratic reasoning not an autocratic dictatorship. 

18 minutes ago, gingdong said:

must have a thicker skin than me the chairman because had i just funded out of my own pocket the refurbishment of 3 houses so we could keep our overseas contingent comfortable only to see the fans group that is fevnut opposing me i would be off like a shot

That's your opionion other fans have theirs, i can buy SIX bottles of water for a quid at Dransfields so why are they charging TWO pounds for one bottle? That's one of the reasons fans are up in arm's. Its correct not bringing your own beer in but you should be able to bring your own water, crisp 's, sweet' s and sandwich's, not everyone wants pie and peas or burgers! 

Just now, jamescolin said:

Have you never heard of flexibility. This is NOT opposing Mark it is just saying that this particular rule needs amending. Supporters are asking the management to consider the objections. We are talking of democratic reasoning not an autocratic dictatorship. 

just my opinion mr as its a public forum im allowed it just like you, and like i say had i loaned the club over a million interest free  and just funded the refurb of 3 houses out of my own pocket  to see a major fan group oppose me over what i see as a nothing  issue, especially after all the stick id took over the squad last month id be done, gone, out of it but thats just me. Obviously he is used to it because to my knowledge he is still here

I agree with not allowing food or drink in. What I think that the club are missing a trick in however is then offering a wider range of choice and quality in food and drink offering. Healthier options, "Street food" such as burritos, curries, etc, real ales my induce more people to part with their cash. Better quality also feels like better value if paying a premium. I do understand why people moan at prices for substandard quality, even if it is what is replicated at many sporting events, festivals and other events up and down the country. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

As a thought, many in here think for example that £2 for a brew is too much, and want to bring a flask. How many would have a different view if the brew was £1, then someone asked them to donate £1 to a marquee player fund. Ultimately its the same thing... 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I'd pay a quid for someone to tell me which way we are attacking prior to kick off.

Now that could be a money spinner. ?

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

I go to Donny races often and pay £4.50 a pint regular and accept that’s the way it is and enjoy the sporting event which part of this beer price funds.when I was 18 I went to Night Clubs in Leeds following the talent and paid a lot of money to get in and extortionate prices on drinks but accepted it as for what the experience offered.That was 35 years ago so no big surprise it still goes on now.At the end of the day it’s down to choice for refreshments if you don’t want to pay for them don’t pay and enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

How many people will not turn up if they can't bring stuff in? The club may well generate more income from secondary spend than they lose in those paying through the turnstiles. That would meaner a bigger net PROFIT. 

Unless we can generate a parallel universe to test the alternate theories however, we can only assume the the club have decided that the current approach is likely to be the best option financially. 

I have been a supporter since 1960 but my wife and I will not make our 50 mile journey if we are banned from drinking our own coffee and pasties. No doubt supporters of the new draconian system will make up the loss of £26 a match with their increased purchase of superior in house refreshment.

Archived