Correct ticket reminder

hrtbps

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I reckon the Club would be lucky to make £500 a season from those who bring their own grub and drinks (flasks/water) buying in the ground instead.

Quite possibly. If they only loose £400 in ticket sales however, they're still better off. 

If people don't want to pay club prices, there are alternatives. Is a couple of hours that long to go without food or drink? If I was that worried, I'd eat on the way to the ground. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Quite possibly. If they only loose £400 in ticket sales however, they're still better off. 

If people don't want to pay club prices, there are alternatives. Is a couple of hours that long to go without food or drink? If I was that worried, I'd eat on the way to the ground. 

The point is the amount of money concerned is miniscule, so why make a fuss and p folk off? The Club do a lot of things absolutely fantastically but they sure know how to shoot themselves in the foot 

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The point is the amount of money concerned is miniscule, so why make a fuss and p folk off? The Club do a lot of things absolutely fantastically but they sure know how to shoot themselves in the foot 

Maybe far more people bring stuff in than either of us realise. Maybe the club didn't realise the fuss it would cause, as I certainly wouldn't have expected so much uproar. Maybe the silent majority don't care and it will make sod all difference. Who really knows... 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Just now, gazza77 said:

Maybe far more people bring stuff in than either of us realise. Maybe the club didn't realise the fuss it would cause, as I certainly wouldn't have expected so much uproar. Maybe the silent majority don't care and it will make sod all difference. Who really knows... 

I doubt that many bring stuff in - I'm sure we would have both noticed if they did! I don't remember the last time I saw someone with a flask, even 40 years ago it wasn't that common a sight.

1 hour ago, Seal said:

I have been a supporter since 1960 but my wife and I will not make our 50 mile journey if we are banned from drinking our own coffee and pasties. No doubt supporters of the new draconian system will make up the loss of £26 a match with their increased purchase of superior in house refreshment.

I know this may sound a bit of a inovative idea but why not have a pastie  and  drink a pot of t int car before you go in then another an hour and a half later int car before you set off, but failing that i spent 100 sheets at the Hunslet Parkside game  as my son forgot his wallet, so theres 4 games covered for you

Uproar thats the joke, half a dozen on a forum and the same on a FB page, plus a 1 man supporter club. Jesus H all lads i go with are laughing there nads off at it. Just been waiting for the next moan as the squad is now looking good, well we didnt have to wait long but the speed of it amazed me, you really are a tiny minority just saying

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

How many people will not turn up if they can't bring stuff in? The club may well generate more income from secondary spend than they lose in those paying through the turnstiles. That would meaner a bigger net PROFIT.

To answer your question literally. If it’s just me and the girlfriend going it wouldn’t be an issue at all. On the weekends where i’m looking after my young nephew (probably about half the game days) we will reconsider atleast until he’s a bit older. It’s not just the money but the convinience and dietry needs of a fussy three year old. I usually have a couple of pints in the ground so ironically this will lose beer money from me.

As for the arguments about alcohol others have mentioned, that’s a seperate issue. Everyone knows you can’t bring alcohol into sporting events anyway.

1 hour ago, gingdong said:

Uproar thats the joke, half a dozen on a forum and the same on a FB page, plus a 1 man supporter club. Jesus H all lads i go with are laughing there nads off at it. Just been waiting for the next moan as the squad is now looking good, well we didnt have to wait long but the speed of it amazed me, you really are a tiny minority just saying

Thats exactly the point: it's a tiny minority and is costing the Club essentially naff all. Banning flasks will generate didldly squat extra!

On 1/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, gingdong said:

i can afford the xtra pound because since the age of 16 iv dragged myself out of bed at 5am and gone to work, some ought to try it.So what is the answer then let people take there own food / drink in and get rid of a couple of players ??? like i say them players do not play 

Bleeding phone. A bit inconsiderate don't you think? Take the time to think, not all people are lazy and jobless. Some of us have jobs but don't earn a pretty penny and what we do earn goes towards survival. 

What amazes me about this thread is how many people, who won't pay the extortionate prices, can't get through an hour and a half without food and drink (although accepted some people have kids to think about) - so much so that they won't come any more.  Each to their own I suppose.  Personally any food at that time would just spoil mi tea.

That said, if my extra strong mints are seized - I'll be livid.   They'll have to strip search me to find those.  That'll show the b*stards.......

they had this ban at the lsv last season, and on the occasions that i went, i did what gingdong suggests. i had coffee and a sandwich sat in the car, bought a bovril at half time, and had a coffee back in the car while the traffic cleared

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

5 minutes ago, oldrover said:

they had this ban at the lsv last season, and on the occasions that i went, i did what gingdong suggests. i had coffee and a sandwich sat in the car, bought a bovril at half time, and had a coffee back in the car while the traffic cleared

And of that £2.00 or so you paid for that Bovril, i dont believe a penny went to Leigh rlfc. 

15 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

And of that £2.00 or so you paid for that Bovril, i dont believe a penny went to Leigh rlfc. 

that's true. also, not everyone goes to the match in a car.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Rovers, just reduce the bottles of water to £1 and put me and my likeminded colleagues out of our misery. Those who need water, medically or just because they're thirsty can't grumble knowing that they are paying towards the next signing out of that princely sum (even though you can buy the equivalent, in bulk, at about eight and a half pence at Dransfields according to some outraged correspondents)

For those who have that rare medical condition requiring them to consume something warm every two hours of each day I'm afraid you will literally be taking your life in your hands continuing to support the club. A price worth paying for some martyrs who object to paying a few quid for some chips. For the others who object to the thorough body searching and frisking by the 'Gestapo' which they now have to endure at each home game try having a biscuit or an apple/banana before going in. I bet you will make it back home without wasting away when you can eat some proper food than that being forced on you at the ground.

Out of interest, how many of those affronted by the Clubs decision have visited another much bigger commercial entertainment complex, Disneyland Paris? The All Stars can compare some proper searching, proper fast food choices, proper food prices and proper Gestapo control when you are incarcerated for the day not just two hours.

Theres a game on Sunday by the way.

I hope someone has told Batley that for the game next week that should Fev score, only drinks purchased from inside the ground will be allowed to be consumed by their players behind the sticks whilst they await the conversion, plus any food supplements must have been purchased from an official in ground vendor.

The catering outlets are franchised anyway aren’t they ? so they pay a “rent” yearly to the club don’t they ?? So anything bought from these vendors is money in their pockets to pay wages and other overheads. 

Im Fev and im proud

And not anybody answered my question about what this original thread was titled “correct ticket reminder” well did you all have the correct ticket ??

Im Fev and im proud

1 minute ago, Maureen T-k said:

And not anybody answered my question about what this original thread was titled “correct ticket reminder” well did you all have the correct ticket ??

Is it the case again this year that season ticket holders must produce their season ticket booklet to gain entry and not just the torn out relevant ticket?

Archived