The worst imports to great britain

With manfred manns greatest imports thread I tbought to balance the forum we could have the worst, 

Here goes.

Roy Asatosi, steve Roach both at Warrington and failed to match their reputation.

An old one from leigh the sprinter mcdonald bailey.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dkw said:

That prop who London signed that was gobbing of about smashing the English forwards and then got concussion seemingly every game. 

Mark Carroll? He was absolutely terrible. He came across with a huge reputation of being a hard man enforcer, had played for NSW and Australia, and turned out to be soft as.

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Gallagher at Leeds the RU fullback. 

Although to be fair he wasn’t that bad at London Crusaders. I remember David Young signing for Salford from Leeds and saying he never received any proper coaching in the art of being a RL prop when he was at Leeds. I imagine something similar happened with Gallagher with regard to being a rugby league full back.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

Mark Carroll? He was absolutely terrible. He came across with a huge reputation of being a hard man enforcer, had played for NSW and Australia, and turned out to be soft as.

That was him, absolute shambles. 

16 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Patrick Ah Va

Behave. 103 tries in 146 appearances in British RL. Nowhere near this thread.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If we add in SL as a whole, Willie Mason must be on this list for his stints at Hull KR and Especially Catalans where in the south of France he could not seem to last more than 10 minutes a time and clearly played a part in a toxic team culture. 

Actually Catalans Antipodeans 2016 as a group should be on the list somewhere.... Given their reputations and how the season went. 

19 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Behave. 103 tries in 146 appearances in British RL. Nowhere near this thread.

I recall his painful defensive efforts more than his try scoring. Granted, I didn't see him often, but he never seemed interested. Maybe I just fell upon every occasion he had a bad day! ?

Can't have a thread like this without mentioning Doc Murray and Shem Tatupu.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not his fault, but due to injury, Warrington never saw the best of David Kidwell.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived