The Youth of Today

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Shadow said:

No, You're taking a classic stance of theTroll eposed.

You start trying to win your argument by getting more and more disconnected from reality, you argue against people working in the field under discussion with absolutely zero knowledge or experience then when you get called out and your ignorance and trolling becomes obvious to everyone you try to change the argument to "I'm thinking about the victims here, you are trying to score points"

You're a know nothing blowhard with an opinion on everything. 

Ha...ha..!   You don't even know what you are on about, if you only knew!   You are so far off the mark you couldn't hit the side of a barn with #5 shot!

My statements are factual and truthful....unfortunately some obviously have hit too close to home for your liking...take some time to reflect on this rather than firing back off the hip and embarrassing yourself further....you clearly made some wrong  personal decisions in the past which are causing you consternation with my posts...that is the truth of it...and deep down you know it.....

All the best and take a little bit of advice (which I know you probably won't) ....quit blaming everyone for your own, or your societies, problems...you are the creator of you own situation...to be honest, you need to start taking some personal responsibility....and if you don't like your situation, stand up, take the bull by the horns and change it....quit blaming circumstance. 

Quit the whining....

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Unbelievable....this from someone who uses their location setting as 'a hard border'...you have to be more open to other ideas and not aggressively attack when simply questioned...and yet, in your response and ramblings ,   you have forgotten the hungry child raised by the incompetent parent...I have not.

I'm not sure what the Brexit reference in my location has to do with this discussion. But yes you're right, I have failed to take the needs of the child into consideration by not calling for their parents to be starved.

45 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ha...ha..!   You don't even know what you are on about, if you only knew!   You are so far off the mark you couldn't hit the side of a barn with #5 shot!

Funny how your folksy, son of the soil style of posting is a lot less endearing when your repugnant views are known.

"Well, boy howdy, I'm, just an ol' fashioned, home made apple pie sort who believes in old time values of letting the poor starve to death 'cause they ain't got the gumption to pull 'emelves up be ther bootstraps yeehaw!"

3 minutes ago, damp squib said:

"Well, boy howdy, I'm, just an ol' fashioned, home made apple pie sort who believes in old time values of letting the poor starve to death 'cause they ain't got the gumption to pull 'emelves up be ther bootstraps yeehaw!"

Look, we all know that every single person on the planet is in the position they are in because of the choices they themselves made. Nobody ever got any luck, nobody was ever born with enough wealth preinvested to never need to work, nobody lost a job in a town where there was no other work. Austerity in the UK is a myth, universal credit makes lazy people rich, and the only language anyone understands is a damn good beating.

But it's the young people that are the problem.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Look, we all know that every single person on the planet is in the position they are in because of the choices they themselves made. Nobody ever got any luck, nobody was ever born with enough wealth preinvested to never need to work, nobody lost a job in a town where there was no other work. Austerity in the UK is a myth, universal credit makes lazy people rich, and the only language anyone understands is a damn good beating.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

With respect Kman, unless you’re First Nations you haven’t had to deal with systemic disenfranchisement in Canada.  It’s naïve to think that a lack of improvement is simply down to a lack of personal responsibility and work ethic; if that’s all it took, millions of working poor in the UK and elsewhere would be wealthy captains of industry by now.

Swathes of, particularly Northern, England have been neglected for decades and you may get two or perhaps three opportunities in your entire life in those areas to change your direction.  The biggest difficulty is recognising them in the first place and even if you do, they come with a price.  If you don’t see the opportunity, or are unwilling to take it due to other personal responsibilities, then your boundaries are pretty much set.

I’m a good example, I was fortunate to have landed a traditional apprenticeship when those were few and far between and becoming even less.  There were two taken on that year at the company and that was out of a group of 40 other 16 year old’s out of hundreds who applied that sat for the test, what happened to the other 30 odd I don’t know.  At 24, newly married and with manufacturing shops closing in greater numbers in the North I answered an ad looking for skilled guys in Canada (and that was the first time I’d looked in that particular newspaper for weeks), went to an interview and was offered a job a couple of hours later.  Knowing there likely wouldn’t be a chance like this again I took it but long story short it ended up costing me my marriage and irretrievably broke my relationships with my parents and my brother.

So yes people here see me, even admire me apparently, as someone who does what it takes, makes things happen and changes my circumstances.  Okay I suppose I do that, but many times it sure as hell doesn’t feel like success, doesn’t always make up for what it’s cost and certainly wasn’t a chance available to the other 38 teenagers who didn’t make the cut as apprentices so many years ago. 

I was lucky, not overly responsible or hardworking.  If anything I turned my back on other responsibilities and now work to make that mean something.  I wish more opportunities were available then where I lived, but those decisions got made in London, not Yorkshire.

1 hour ago, damp squib said:

I'm not sure what the Brexit reference in my location has to do with this discussion. But yes you're right, I have failed to take the needs of the child into consideration by not calling for their parents to be starved.

Funny how your folksy, son of the soil style of posting is a lot less endearing when your repugnant views are known.

What are you on?  Let me guess, whatever it is its tax payer funded in some way.

4 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

With respect Kman, unless you’re First Nations you haven’t had to deal with systemic disenfranchisement in Canada.  It’s naïve to think that a lack of improvement is simply down to a lack of personal responsibility and work ethic; if that’s all it took, millions of working poor in the UK and elsewhere would be wealthy captains of industry by now.

Swathes of, particularly Northern, England have been neglected for decades and you may get two or perhaps three opportunities in your entire life in those areas to change your direction.  The biggest difficulty is recognising them in the first place and even if you do, they come with a price.  If you don’t see the opportunity, or are unwilling to take it due to other personal responsibilities, then your boundaries are pretty much set.

I’m a good example, I was fortunate to have landed a traditional apprenticeship when those were few and far between and becoming even less.  There were two taken on that year at the company and that was out of a group of 40 other 16 year old’s out of hundreds who applied and sat for the test, what happened to the other 30 odd I don’t know.  At 24, newly married and with manufacturing shops closing in greater numbers in the North I answered an ad looking for skilled guys in Canada (and that was the first time I’d looked in that particular newspaper for weeks), went to an interview and was offered a job a couple of hours later.  Knowing there likely wouldn’t be a chance like this again I took it but long story short it ended up costing me my marriage and irretrievably broke my relationships with my parents and my brother.

So yes people here see me, even admire me apparently, as someone who does what it takes, makes things happen and changes my circumstances.  Okay I suppose I do that, but many times it sure as hell doesn’t feel like success, doesn’t always make up for what it’s cost and certainly wasn’t a chance available to the other 38 teenagers who didn’t make the cut as apprentices so many years ago. 

I was lucky, not overly responsible or hardworking.  If anything I turned my back on other responsibilities and now work to make that mean something.  I wish more opportunities were available then where I lived, but those decisions got made in London, not Yorkshire.

I got ya on all of that...its called living...its called fighting the good fight.....mistakes will be made and opportunities missed...some taken, like when you chose to emigrate, its called living Man!

You've done well, keep up the good work and stay in the fight.   Never give up....don't go quietly into that dark night....always believe in a never say die attitude even when up against insurmountable odds....there is no other option.....its called life!

Keep the faith.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

That is a pretty negative outlook you have there....cheer up!...life ain't so bad.   

Tomorrow is always another day!

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I got ya on all of that...its called living...its called fighting the good fight.....mistakes will be made and opportunities missed...some taken, like when you chose to emigrate, its called living Man!

You've done well, keep up the good work and stay in the fight.   Never give up....don't go quietly into that dark night....always believe in a never say die attitude even when up against insurmountable odds....there is no other option.....its called life!

Keep the faith.

I made my choices Kman, they're mine to deal with and to take responsibility for but you have to be aware that such choices do not just affect one person.  The larger point is my choices had consequences to others which they had no control over, just as the consequences of corporate or governmental decisions have with people or entire areas of the country and if you have no option to move for whatever reason, no amount of gumption will make any difference to the opportunities available.  

36 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

no amount of gumption will make any difference to the opportunities available.  

Got ya, I know that tune better than you could ever imagine but that is a a story for another day, and what a tale it is.  But I just can't buy this last bit....you have to fight for it, you have to want it more than anything you have ever wanted, you have to try your very best (different for different people), and if, in the end, you are going down: GO DOWN HARD AND TAKE AS MANY OF THE BASTARDS WITH YOU THAT YOU CAN!

NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER SURRENDER!

never give up.jpg

For what its worth it seems that a few of theses Commies have taken offence to what I said about the father who would not feed his starving child so let me be clear,  arrest the ####, put him in jail for child abandonment, take his food portion and make him go without while you give it to his hungry child, and give him a good kick in the head, then give him another one to make sure he is getting the point.....is that clear enough for ya?

What is wrong with some people these days....tell the lazy #### to get a job, any job, and feed his family like a Man!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

What are you on?  Let me guess, whatever it is its tax payer funded in some way.

I'm a teacher. I leech the hard earned, self-made wealth of our captains of industry through taxation (theft!) and use it to brainwash your children with Cultural Marxism and, if there's time, biology.

10 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

For what its worth it seems that a few of theses Commies have taken offence to what I said about the father who would not feed his starving child so let me be clear,  arrest the ####, put him in jail for child abandonment, take his food portion and make him go without while you give it to his hungry child, and give him a good kick in the head, then give him another one to make sure he is getting the point.....is that clear enough for ya?

What is wrong with some people these days....tell the lazy #### to get a job, any job, and feed his family like a Man!

Clear as day. You have a poisonous view of the world and humanity which you dress up with folksy language and vapid motivational slogans. You're everyone's bigoted uncle they have muted on Facebook.

9 minutes ago, damp squib said:

I'm a teacher. I leech the hard earned, self-made wealth of our captains of industry through taxation (theft!) and use it to brainwash your children with Cultural Marxism and, if there's time, biology.

Clear as day. You have a poisonous view of the world and humanity which you dress up with folksy language and vapid motivational slogans. You're everyone's bigoted uncle they have muted on Facebook.

I take you at your word that you are indeed a leech.  Clearly you think of  yourself as some type of thief.  You, by your own words, brainwash children with a twisted disproven  political ideology.  Then you say you teach them some biology (when you have time).

What a disgrace as a teacher.  You merely prove my previous  points on this thread.  You and your ilk are all that is wrong with the education system...HUMANISM GONE AMOCK.....no wonder there are so many problems in the world....just do your job will ya....quit screwing things up even worse like some blindfolded fool in a china shop. 

What a pathetic post you have made....you shame all those brave teachers who properly earn their paychecks.

Waaaay off topic and people forgetting that it's an internet forum where you can use the "ignore" functionality, or even better, grow up and recognise people may have different viewpoints on the world, especially given the multinational nature of this forum and sport.

Time to put it humanely to sleep.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived