Sponsored Social posts

Out of interest, after another Email highlighting that the teams within the NCL aren't supporting the social outreach for our sponsors, what's stopping clubs from doing so?

Do all clubs use their social media channels? Character limitation? Personally I find it hard to fit it all in the tweet by the time you've put in your own sponsors that you've managed to get on board to support your club for the season...

7 hours ago, LightningWB said:

Out of interest, after another Email highlighting that the teams within the NCL aren't supporting the social outreach for our sponsors, what's stopping clubs from doing so?

Do all clubs use their social media channels? Character limitation? Personally I find it hard to fit it all in the tweet by the time you've put in your own sponsors that you've managed to get on board to support your club for the season...

Prioritise the sponsors before the rest.

They are looking at the hits and if all clubs do the same we are north of 100k per week. That will keep them happy and the League gets the continued investment, 

Won't happen otherwise.

Lose the sponsorship and the clubs will get billed directly. Same with the shirt deal. About time some of our members looked at collective bargaining rather than individual deals. When that is recognised we will be the most powerful force in the whole game for requirement acquisitions .Far too much back scratching seems to be going on at the moment...

Sorry to have to say it but even the NCL have  to drag their members and this game into the 21st century......

11 hours ago, del capo said:

Prioritise the sponsors before the rest.

They are looking at the hits and if all clubs do the same we are north of 100k per week. That will keep them happy and the League gets the continued investment, 

Won't happen otherwise.

Lose the sponsorship and the clubs will get billed directly. Same with the shirt deal. About time some of our members looked at collective bargaining rather than individual deals. When that is recognised we will be the most powerful force in the whole game for requirement acquisitions .Far too much back scratching seems to be going on at the moment...

Sorry to have to say it but even the NCL have  to drag their members and this game into the 21st century......

With some of the clubs this saying springs to mind, You can lead a horse to water  .........................

Or is it that some think they are better than the  others and they will just do there own thing.

What amused me last week that Rhino put out a tweet offering the chance to win a full junior kit and a couple of the clubs who hadnt taken the ncl shirt deal retweeted the offer to try and win it. ?

30 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

With some of the clubs this saying springs to mind, You can lead a horse to water  .........................

Or is it that some think they are better than the  others and they will just do there own thing.

What amused me last week that Rhino put out a tweet offering the chance to win a full junior kit and a couple of the clubs who hadnt taken the ncl shirt deal retweeted the offer to try and win it. ?

You don't have to put the sponsors on every post, just the ones that gain the most traction e.g; the game day posts with time of kick off and who you're facing etc. I'm not sure what the NCL can do to motivate those who aren't involved in the kit deal as they have a deal with a supplier elsewhere, I know previously they held the travel allowance as hostage but I don't believe that's an option anymore. 

18 hours ago, JMB said:

Am a correct in saying the travel allowance money for the clubs has now stopped,

I believe this was mentioned at the last NCL meeting but I'm not 100% sure on the full detail, my understanding is that the RFL have pulled funding that they have previously provided to the NCL for the purpose of travel allowance, I'm not sure on the amount. Perhaps someone who attended the meeting could elaborate. 

54 minutes ago, LightningWB said:

It's massively shortsighted, puts greater onus on amateur sides to self fund by reaching out to potential sponsors...

I am not sure that the travel grant has a great bearing on clubs, as I have said previously it pays for one trip from Yorkshire to warrington, yes the Cumbrians get more but probably only pays for a couple trips, 

Archived