2019 season live on Game TV and FNTSY - CBC out?

manu266

2 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

I was also wondering about CBC streams. Does FNTSY do streaming?

They do, but it's not clear if they are the streaming broadcaster, the radio broadcaster or the US broadcaster (caus' they are on US cable too).

According to their website, they are on most streaming device, and I found it on Roku Canada but it's not free.

Signing up on their website, I got this:

image.png.7591fc118f81af45fd496bf032f9f621.png

Cheap but no guarantee they will show every (or any) game, or that they have replay option, altough they have an on demand section on their app.

torontowolfpacktv is offline, good ridance, I like the idea but the provider was terrible last year. So I think they gave up on the project, but I just hope the streaming will continue and get better and stay cheap and international (me moving to France soon).

2 hours ago, ojx said:

If Sky are showing the games, won't they be on SportsNet?

2 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

No RL showing up on Sportsnet schedules yet at all. I emailed them asking when some will appear.

If Sportsnet lost the rights, there are not many alternatives. TSN and DAZN are fighting in the RU field, if one of them gets League, it could make a difference.

Or hope that the RFL streaming app will be unblocked in Canada, but so far

image.png.9df7e45beeb495d02cfdccd3cec28188.png

I sent a message to TOWolfpack twitter account asking about streaming options this year and they sent me a DM back saying that they’ll have something to announce later this week. No mention of cost or platform.

18 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

No RL showing up on Sportsnet schedules yet at all. I emailed them asking when some will appear.

Some games are on SN Now schedule, but not the opening game of 1/31 though.

6 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I now see a Hull FC/Cas game on the Sportsnet World schedule for Thursday. Unfortunately those teams are not scheduled to play this week! Is the listing just showing the wrong teams and it will actually be St Helens/Wigan? I hope so...

likely. Game TV had Wolfpack vs Whitehaven for the majority of season one and two didn't it?

Arrows and some Wolfpack games now showing up on FNTSY TV schedule.

image.png.8fa43b61471b5a049b0d39998ddf590b.png

Opening game still on GameTV only.

I don't see what other streaming options could be used. I hope they can still convince CBC to show it. It's the best option by far.

Other streaming platform like DAZN are too expensive and won't likely show something that's already on TV.

FloSports showed the 2017 RL World Cup, their soccer division is slowly adding coverage for the Canadian market but I'm not sure if their rugby content is available in Canada. Anyway they are even more expensive than DAZN.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:51 AM, John WP Fan said:

I now see a Hull FC/Cas game on the Sportsnet World schedule for Thursday. Unfortunately those teams are not scheduled to play this week! Is the listing just showing the wrong teams and it will actually be St Helens/Wigan? I hope so...

It turns out Sportsnet has pushed SL games (and NRL?) off of Sportsnet World onto Sportsnet World Plus channels, which Rogers carries, but Bell Fibe does not. They suggested I subscribe to Sportsnet Now + for $28/month! I'm chatting with Bell  now to see what they know (I expect they will know nothing), and perhaps retroactively cancel my Sportsnet World back to last October.

5 minutes ago, krakauer said:

StreamAMG did a terrible job. So called free videos were blocked in Canada. Streaming from Belgium was not a great experience. They got fired!

Don't know if they can hire someone else to do the job but they should, the price structure was ok last year, the potential reach is huge. I don't think it's that interresting for a club like Wolfpack in a sport like RL to focus on being on linear TV in the rest of the world.

55 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

It turns out Sportsnet has pushed SL games (and NRL?) off of Sportsnet World onto Sportsnet World Plus channels, which Rogers carries, but Bell Fibe does not. They suggested I subscribe to Sportsnet Now + for $28/month! I'm chatting with Bell  now to see what they know (I expect they will know nothing), and perhaps retroactively cancel my Sportsnet World back to last October.

Oh dear. Are classic English Premier League games from 2011 that watched???

Another service that doesn't learn. Subscribers to SNWL not getting access to SNNOW, streaming service way to expensive. 

They will probably put back RL on SNWL later in the season though. And they might be Wolfpack broadcaster for the playoffs.

Good news, I can watch the game tomorrow. But around the world means Five Eyes countries only? What about the rest of Europe, the rest of the world?

I hope I can stream it from France or Belgium. And also hope that CBC manages geoblocking better than StreamAMG.

14 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

Was anyone outside of Canada able to watch the CBC stream? Doesn't look like the CBC are archiving them either unless someone can show me where they are located.  

There is a tweet from someone in Philly saying he couldn't watch the CBC feed. The Chicago RL team had a viewing party at 9am CT, I hope they got the feed.

No replay available so far, I hope Wolfpack put it on youtube later this week.

23 hours ago, manu266 said:

There is a tweet from someone in Philly saying he couldn't watch the CBC feed. The Chicago RL team had a viewing party at 9am CT, I hope they got the feed.

No replay available so far, I hope Wolfpack put it on youtube later this week.

I hope this is resolved soon. I'll  be in the US for the Widnes game and want to be able to stream it via CBC. It was supposed to be available in the USA.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, TIWIT said:

Yay! Start out the day with the Wolfpack and finish it off with the Super Bowl.

wheelsofhopelogo-ON-EN6.jpg

I think the Wolfpack could have beat either the Pats and definitely the Rams. Kinda like the MPG last year - big build-up but the game itself failed to deliver.

Should not be a problem watching live in UK if you subscribe to Sky Sports.

Live Champs Rugby League

• 3839-Logo.svg?U2t5U3AgQXJlbmE=
    Sun 10th Feb, 3:00pm

The Rochdale Hornets host the Toronto Wolfpack at Spotland in the Betfred Championship. Beaten Million Pound Game finalists Toronto opened their season with a win last week. Also in HD

Anyone have experience of these VPN links:?

https://www.vpncompare.co.uk/how-to-watch-sky-go-abroad/

https://www.vpncompare.co.uk/best-vpn-canada/

Archived