Rochdale away

graham fisher

36 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Just a question. Is Rochdale halfway up the Alps. Every other game on the planet seems to have been played over the weekend.?

It was the only game scheduled for a west pennine ground where the worst of the snow and ice had occurred. After an overnight temperature of -6C I don't think that it would have been a good idea to risk the players, do you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It would appear that Rochdale does have a history of the most adverse weather conditions at this time of year .. perhaps the fixture planners could ensure they play away first game next year!!  .... on the plus side there might be a chance that Andrade gets to play in our first game of the season!  

36 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It was the only game scheduled for a west pennine ground where the worst of the snow and ice had occurred. After an overnight temperature of -6C I don't think that it would have been a good idea to risk the players, do you?

Nobody risks players well being these days. Why make a decision 24 hours prior to kick off? Dewsbury to Rochdale isn't exactly a long trek is it?

20 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

Nobody risks players well being these days. Why make a decision 24 hours prior to kick off? Dewsbury to Rochdale isn't exactly a long trek is it?

If the ground was obviously unplayable and the forecast was for more freezing weather then I don't see a problem with caling the game off on the Saturday. All of the players would at least have been able to enjoy the Saturday night with their nearest and dearest, just like normal people do. I couldn't begrudge them that; could you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived