Lewis bienek

Dog forever

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be simpler for the club to give us their opinion, then we'd know. I don't rate the idea of taking blokes just to get em fit for somebody else's benefit. That's why I would have favoured an approach for Johnson, immediately available and fit and a player we know and knows us.

Perhaps you have to consider the cost of the players, Josh dropping from full time to what I assume is part time will not be cheap. Lewis on a (hopefully) season long loan subsidised by Hull and within our budget, looks a class act. Throw the dice and if we only get half a season of his talent he will be well worh watching.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Have you considered that there might be an embargo on any news about this on the club, I know it's been reported in the Hull papers and also on Hull FC website, but we will have to wait until the club says yea or neigh, hence I have not put him on the players matrix.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting read this https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lee-radford-reveals-how-hull-2574927

If Bienek coming on loan to us has freed up room on the salary cap, to sign Gareth Ellis and Ratu Naulago, it begs the question just how much money must he be on?

Surely once Bienek returns to Hull, either Naulago, who has signed a deal until the end of the season. or another player, must be released to fit under the cap again, even if Ellis retires again.

Could we be seeing another Hull player in our colours this season, or an extended stay by Bienek?

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Interesting read this https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/lee-radford-reveals-how-hull-2574927

If Bienek coming on loan to us has freed up room on the salary cap, to sign Gareth Ellis and Ratu Naulago, it begs the question just how much money must he be on?

Surely once Bienek returns to Hull, either Naulago, who has signed a deal until the end of the season. or another player, must be released to fit under the cap again, even if Ellis retires again.

Could we be seeing another Hull player in our colours this season, or an extended stay by Bienek?

Bienek is season long loan I think 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Playing for the reserves at hull tonight has he gone back already? 

Its all wrong.  I have said it before and I'll say it again, stick your super league players where the sun don't shine. What is the point of it all. Its sounds like our bod of  have lost the plot. What a waste of money!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Playing for the reserves at hull tonight has he gone back already? 

More like getting fitter perhaps ??.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

If he is on loan, rather than DR, then that loan agreement will have ended if he plays for HUll KR. It would be unlikely that he will be able to play against Bradford.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If he is on loan, rather than DR, then that loan agreement will have ended if he plays for HUll KR. It would be unlikely that he will be able to play against Bradford.

Hull kr ??

IMG_0583.JPG

24 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hull K R. Where did that come from BSJ.??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, colinb said:

More like getting fitter perhaps ??.

Maybe col, but if he plays tonight he ain't gonna be playing for us on Sunday cos he will be recovering from tonight.  All wrong. Starting to question paying 20 quid entrance fee now if this is how the club spends our money.  Or am I missing the full picture.

Is there a full picture? The fact of the matter is we, more than any other club in the division, always cop the thin end of these deals. The number of times we've got excited about a DR or loan only to see it ripped away. It's ok saying we don't like DR, but maybe that's why we're where we are when we see lots of Leeds players going to Fev, Saints to Eagles etc ....and if we get given a season-long loan make sure it's water-tight. Do we want to see fans fade away because we've gone DR or because we haven't and are bottom of the league and getting a kicking? We just don't seem to have a grasp of the principles of either DR or season-long loaning,which is a shame. With regards to the subject of this topic though; we had the rumour of the guy coming for weeks, gets built up to return v Rochdale, plays 20 minutes, doesn't play in the next game but us then deemed fully match fit by his parent club, doesn't add up to me.

....and to quote BSJ of 2nd Feb, 'I smell a rat' and something else, there appears to be a quite large movement of serious concern, we can't all be idiots, yet where is the addressing of those concerns, and will the addressing be the usual 'let's all pulI together and support'....

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Is there a full picture? The fact of the matter is we, more than any other club in the division, always cop the thin end of these deals. The number of times we've got excited about a DR or loan only to see it ripped away. It's ok saying we don't like DR, but maybe that's why we're where we are when we see lots of Leeds players going to Fev, Saints to Eagles etc ....and if we get given a season-long loan make sure it's water-tight. Do we want to see fans fade away because we've gone DR or because we haven't and are bottom of the league and getting a kicking? We just don't seem to have a grasp of the principles of either DR or season-long loaning,which is a shame. With regards to the subject of this topic though; we had the rumour of the guy coming for weeks, gets built up to return v Rochdale, plays 20 minutes, doesn't play in the next game but us then deemed fully match fit by his parent club, doesn't add up to me.

Its the same all the time phildog.  I had put in previous posts that I had read the hull coach saying he was going to batley to give him some game time and then fit nicely back into the hull squad. But if We were to go with dual reg again, would we get some players from the top s/l clubs, no we end up with Huddersfield.

Archived