Sun 3 Feb: Betfred Championship Round 1 Match Thread 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

A lot of folk are backing Toronto this year, but they lost at home to Fev, and we lost at home to Hunslet Parkside, and they lost at home to Thornhill Trojans. So by my reckoning, Toronto are some way off Thornhill in quality. 

I think Toulouse will be a serious threat to Toronto this season. I don't think it'll be as one way as the wolfpack are expecting.

27 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

I think Toulouse will be a serious threat to Toronto this season. I don't think it'll be as one way as the wolfpack are expecting.

Its  going to be tough no doubt...I think the Championship is of higher quality than last year and there are many good teams who will play well....but the Wolfpack is going out loaded for bear and we are not taking no for an answer...

loaded for bear.jpg

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well the few Antipodeans may not, but the rest being British certainly will, the Canadians in the team or the spectators they bring over should not have much of a problem either?

Canadians in the team?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

18 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Exactly, as the same with the travelling support I was being sarcastic!

I betcha there will be a very large attendance for the Toronto game...the increase will be due to the visiting Toronto fans...your sarcasm is ill placed...just watch on the tv tomorrow and see for yourself....or will you refuse to believe your own eyes?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the weather in York - over the last 48 hours I've driven 100 miles and walked 10 miles as part of my job, no issues here and I'd be willing to put my house on it going ahead.

For the record, Toronto brought the largest (estimated) league following to York in 2017.

23 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the weather in York - over the last 48 hours I've driven 100 miles and walked 10 miles as part of my job, no issues here and I'd be willing to put my house on it going ahead.

For the record, Toronto brought the largest (estimated) league following to York in 2017.

That won’t go down well!

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I betcha there will be a very large attendance for the Toronto game...the increase will be due to the visiting Toronto fans☹...your sarcasm is ill placed...just watch on the tv tomorrow and see for yourself....or will you refuse to believe your own eyes?

Can't do that K'man, I will be at the LSV watching Leigh v Tolouse.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/02/02/download-the-match-day-magazine-for-free-match-day-information/

A present for you friend, Leigh's matchday magazine for tomorrow, actually there is some interesting bits in there. 

Click on the link to download once you open the page.

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Really? Is this from the Diane Abbott school of maths or something. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

24 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Really? Is this from the Diane Abbott school of maths or something. 

No Sir, my assessment comes from being in charge of matchday tickets that day, speaking to many Canadians (ex pats living here and those who were visiting for a few weeks) and looking around the ground at the amount of Wolfpack merchandise gear being worn :flirt:

Bulls' 19-man squad v Featherstone:

Dane Chisholm, Steve Crossley, Rhys Evans, Connor Farrell, George Flanagan, Matty Garside, James Green, Sam Hallas, Jy Hitchcox, Liam Kirk, Jordan Lilley, Jon Magrin, Elliot Minchella, Ross Oakes, Brandon Pickersgill, Ethan Ryan, Jake Webster, Matty Wildie, Mikey Wood.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

36 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Bulls' 19-man squad v Featherstone:

Dane Chisholm, Steve Crossley, Rhys Evans, Connor Farrell, George Flanagan, Matty Garside, James Green, Sam Hallas, Jy Hitchcox, Liam Kirk, Jordan Lilley, Jon Magrin, Elliot Minchella, Ross Oakes, Brandon Pickersgill, Ethan Ryan, Jake Webster, Matty Wildie, Mikey Wood.

6 of who have played for Fev in the past.

15 hours ago, AB Knight said:

No Sir, my assessment comes from being in charge of matchday tickets that day, speaking to many Canadians (ex pats living here and those who were visiting for a few weeks) and looking around the ground at the amount of Wolfpack merchandise gear being worn :flirt:

Fair enough. How many were there?

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Fair enough. How many were there?

Good question! I'm struggling to find the post where I put down my (estimated) away support for all visiting teams that season. There were 2,602 there that day and I think I had Toronto's away support at 170 ish. If memory serves me correctly second highest away support was Barrow with approx 150.

I think the crowd today will be about 3,200.

13 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Good question! I'm struggling to find the post where I put down my (estimated) away support for all visiting teams that season. There were 2,602 there that day and I think I had Toronto's away support at 170 ish. If memory serves me correctly second highest away support was Barrow with approx 150.

I think the crowd today will be about 3,200.

Gotta love what’s happening at York.

Archived