Sun 3 Feb: SL: London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity KO 3pm

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/19 at 15:00

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would like to see London arrive back in SL with a bang its hard to see them winning many games at all this year. 

I think they will respond to the occasion and give Wakefield a tough afternoon, but in the end I think Trin will have too much quality. 

18-28

Looking forward to the trip down there.  Advanced ticket sales have gone really well as Wakefield fans look to resurrect the annual trip to the Broncos.  Possibly taken over from the now defunct weekend trip to Newcastle?

Hopefully dry weather and a win will top the weekend off nicely.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Thomas Grant (one of the two new RFL full-time match officials) will be the referee in this match.  Hopefully a good appointment.  The new reduced interchange rules (10 down to 8 ) will be interesting with the smaller (fitter?) Broncos forwards.  My thinking is we'll be doing less puffing & blowing given this decrease.  Interesting to watch the 'shot clock' in action too and new boysl, if picked, Ryan Morgan (St.H), Jordan Abdull (HullFC) & Luke Yates (NRL) in SL.  If fullback Alex Walker is fit I can see the Broncos pipping this 24-22.  Hope the new stand will be ready.

I think this will be a tougher game than most think. I can't see London picking up many points away from home this season but I can see them being trouble at home where they're more used to the pitch.

Also, there's a lot of optimist around Wakefield at the moment, it can't possibly last.

The only way Wakefield can lose is if they beat themselves - complacency is the big risk and its caught us out in the past.

Looking at the London team I just can't see a SL team. I'm all for the underdog and I know teams prove the pundits wrong but IMHO this is the weakest team I've ever seen in the top comp.

We could lose this one but only if we don't turn up with the right mindset - nervous, you bet I am.

20 minutes ago, londonbronco said:

Thomas Grant (one of the two new RFL full-time match officials) will be the referee in this match.  Hopefully a good appointment.  The new reduced interchange rules (10 down to 8 ) will be interesting with the smaller (fitter?) Broncos forwards.  My thinking is we'll be doing less puffing & blowing given this decrease.  Interesting to watch the 'shot clock' in action too and new boysl, if picked, Ryan Morgan (St.H), Jordan Abdull (HullFC) & Luke Yates (NRL) in SL.  If fullback Alex Walker is fit I can see the Broncos pipping this 24-22.  Hope the new stand will be ready.

Smaller fitter Broncos forwards, that's clutching at straws - I'd have given you enthusiastic.

26 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

London recently went away to Leigh in pre-season and didn't concede.  I'd say that that's pretty impressive D.  London won't be a push over on their own pitch.

That victory against Leigh was an achievement in itself as Broncos/Crusaders/Fulham had never ever beaten Leigh away - until last weekend's that is ?

2 hours ago, Konkrete said:

London recently went away to Leigh in pre-season and didn't concede.  I'd say that that's pretty impressive D.  London won't be a push over on their own pitch.

I went last week for the Leigh v London friendly and although they didn`t concede there were 4/5 near misses on the goal line.I hope they do well but can`t see past a Wakey win +16

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Plastic pitch; London are used to playing on it. Wakefield will have the best defence, but I still fancy London on their big day.

If a plastic pitch is the big bonus you seem to think it is, why we’re Widnes so ######?

Most players have experience on 3/4G pitches these days.

Archived