Fri 1 Feb: SL: Castleford Tigers v Catalans Dragons KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/19 at 19:45

Cas looked very very good tonight, especially in defence. Still worry about pace on our right side but our forward pack is a match for any in the competition. 

Catalans need to move Tomkins into the halves as matty Smith is just garbage.

referreeing was absolutely abysmal

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Defence was very impressive, organised, and enthusiastic .  Thought we looked fairly sharp at times for first game in cold conditions.

Mcshane was superb, Watts was a real handful, Fosters impressed, Eden was sharp and Trueman was class, ran things well and even put some big defensive shots in!

Good start to the season.

10 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Cas looked very very good tonight, especially in defence. Still worry about pace on our right side but our forward pack is a match for any in the competition. 

Catalans need to move Tomkins into the halves as matty Smith is just garbage.

referreeing was absolutely abysmal

If Tomkins was at FB where was Gigot playing if he played? Thanks. 

Catalans are going to have an awful, awful year. I had them down to win this based solely on the Cas Benny Hill skit abroad the other week. Catalans are trying to shoehorn players into their side and it’s not going to work.

Mead on the wing, Langi in the centres, Gigot at 6, why? They were successful last year having players in their rightful position and they’ve gone completely away from it, it makes the mind boggle. Matty Smith was finished two years ago, so how he’s getting game time at another Super League club is hilarious. 

Good win for Cas, I had my doubts about them but they seem to have won very comfortably and will be one of the sides fighting for 5th.

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

If Tomkins was at FB where was Gigot playing if he played? Thanks. 

in the halves would you believe with Matty Smith

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Catalans are going to have an awful, awful year. I had them down to win this based solely on the Cas Benny Hill skit abroad the other week. Catalans are trying to shoehorn players into their side and it’s not going to work.

Mead on the wing, Langi in the centres, Gigot at 6, why? They were successful last year having players in their rightful position and they’ve gone completely away from it, it makes the mind boggle. Matty Smith was finished two years ago, so how he’s getting game time at another Super League club is hilarious. 

Good win for Cas, I had my doubts about them but they seem to have won very comfortably and will be one of the sides fighting for 5th.

I think many cas fans were keen to see whether their was team camaraderie on show and can honestly say there seemed to be more unity in the squad than I've seen for some time

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

5th ?

7 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

As a Dragons fan, I do hope they wise up and leave Gigot at FB. Hes arguably a better FB that Tomkins. 

As a HB though Gigot is nowhere near as good as Tomkins!

Gigot at FB , Langi or Smith with Tomkins. Mead is better at Centre although maybe injures push him to the wing as if Broughton is not fit, there are not many options at Wing. France don't seem to have many wings. 

18 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Outstanding effort by Watts 181 metres, 6 tackle busts, 4 Offloads, 43 tackles. Didn't punch anyone.

He was immmense -  understand McShane as MOM as he sees so much of the ball but Wattsy was my choice

Archived