Thu 31 Jan: SL: St Helens v Wigan Warriors (Sky) KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/19 at 19:45

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody it's happening - it's actually here! After months of waiting and ridiculously mental (but sometimes amusing) threads it's finally upon us! 

I've seen the 19 man squads and it's hard to see past a Saints win. I'm really interested to see who both sides pick to play FB. I suspect it will be Hardaker for Wigan but not sure if Saints will start with Coote and push Lomax up into the halves or maybe Coote misses out or comes off the bench maybe? 

Great to have rugby back not sure on result probably a Saints win. A lot will depend if Wigan are further on in their prep because of the up coming WCC. Main thing for me is that Walmsley gets through it safely and can then start building his confidence up. 

28 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Everybody it's happening - it's actually here! After months of waiting and ridiculously mental (but sometimes amusing) threads it's finally upon us! 

I've seen the 19 man squads and it's hard to see past a Saints win. I'm really interested to see who both sides pick to play FB. I suspect it will be Hardaker for Wigan but not sure if Saints will start with Coote and push Lomax up into the halves or maybe Coote misses out or comes off the bench maybe? 

Coote at 1, Lomax at 6. 

It’s likely to be Fages at 7 as Richardson’s pre-season has been unsettled due to an injury. 

I can’t see any reason why this game should differ from the last time we played there, especially as we need to be ready for the Roosters. Am really looking forward to seeing Hardaker play, and how our pack competes against the big lads now they have 2 fewer interchanges. Close for 60 then we ease away.

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Glorious Saints to topple the World Cup whingers by many points.

Glorious Saints to topple the Super League cheats.

Makes for a hell of a game now, given today’s news. Saints win and we’re four points clear of Wigan after one game. That’s a big gap to have going into our game with Wakefield next week, a place that is notoriously tough to go to, and with Wigan having to play Leeds next week, another tough side. It’s a hell of an incentive for tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Can't see past Saints for this. Not convinced by the size of Wigan's pack. 

Size isn't everything, ELM, as my wife has generously reassured me for some decades.  Wigan by two!

Wigan will win it, i think the three new overseas signings for Saints won’t know what has hit them when they run out onto the pitch. They’ll be that cold after the first forty, they won’t want to come out for the second half. What’ll cost Saints is not having a GK if Richardson doesn’t play.

I don’t think the game will be a sellout either. Not just because it’s a Thursday night, but playing the game in January is a big turn off. Most fans want the season to start in March, not bloody January. 

14 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Great to have rugby back not sure on result probably a Saints win. A lot will depend if Wigan are further on in their prep because of the up coming WCC. Main thing for me is that Walmsley gets through it safely and can then start building his confidence up. 

If Saints let O’Loughlin control the game, and give him time to do some of the excellent cut out passes he can produce. Then it’ll be a long night for Saints. A fair few people say O’Loughlin is passed it, but as long as he’s still on that pitch Wigan are dangerous. 

7 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Size isn't everything, ELM, as my wife has generously reassured me for some decades.  Wigan by two!

Maybe you're 'mobile' and have 'good hands' like I hope the Wigan pack will be tonight.. and for you're wife's sake of course. ?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Great to have SL back on again! Seems only yesterday the internationals were in though...

Can’t see past a Saints win - Wigan will take a while to adapt to Lam’s style, but will probably come good at the end of the year. 

9 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Wigan will win it, i think the three new overseas signings for Saints won’t know what has hit them when they run out onto the pitch. They’ll be that cold after the first forty, they won’t want to come out for the second half. What’ll cost Saints is not having a GK if Richardson doesn’t play.

I don’t think the game will be a sellout either. Not just because it’s a Thursday night, but playing the game in January is a big turn off. Most fans want the season to start in March, not bloody January. 

Last I heard from a bloke who knows the Saints CEO was that they had only 400 tickets to sell and that was last week.

Archived