You do realise..

Piggy's mate

You have a game on Sunday! Very quiet on here? Can't see you beating the Yorkshire Cup winners that should av been! Can't see you scoring more than ten points but don't let that put you off a day out yo sunny Batley

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Everytime I go to Batley, it's horrendously cold. Looks set to be the same this year.

It'll be a good test for Barrow. We didn't perform at all on the road last year so it'll be interesting to see what improvements have been made in that regard. 

Batley have been talked about as one of our "stretch targets" this year so a good showing away would be a positive outcome.

28 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

Everytime I go to Batley, it's horrendously cold. Looks set to be the same this year.

It'll be a good test for Barrow. We didn't perform at all on the road last year so it'll be interesting to see what improvements have been made in that regard. 

Batley have been talked about as one of our "stretch targets" this year so a good showing away would be a positive outcome.

Not looking too cold for Sunday 

C1EC7FCE-7AD9-47E4-841F-D936577A9072.png

IMG_0583.JPG

51 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

Never thought I'd hear a Cumbrian complaining about the cold - are you going soft up there ?  The Geordies would consider this to be T - shirt weather.  You'll probably see one or two of the Batley lasses in strappy dresses and high heels. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Never thought I'd hear a Cumbrian complaining about the cold - are you going soft up there ?  The Geordies would consider this to be T - shirt weather.  You'll probably see one or two of the Batley lasses in strappy dresses and high heels. ;)

As long as they've got numbers on their backs, what ever turns you on.

Be interesting to see how we travel this year, no doubt it will be something that the squad & coaching staff will be looking to improve this season. Batley's a tough place to go though so it'll be tough to get a result, hope im wrong. 

Tom Heighton

Can’t wait for the match I’ve watched them for a very long time and never seen them win at batley

but there’s always a first time that we might give our fans a win away from home anyone who wins at batley have been in a very hard game 

so come on raiders let’s put a muzzle on them bulldogs and give them a dogs live

my mom Tom walker what a beast next one for super league raiders by 2 

This came from Steve Andrews last year.

We last won at Mount Pleasant on 18th February 2001, just over 17 years ago.

Heres the match details.

Batley 10 Barrow 18

Attendance 518

Barrow team

1 Chris Massey

2 Glenn Hutton

3 Phil Atkinson

4 Darren Wilson

5 Ade Gardner 1 try

6 Brett McDermott

7 Darren Holt 3 goals

8 Tau Liku

9 Anthony Murray

10 Willie Burns

11 Geoff Luxon

12 Mike Whitehead

13 Matt Leigh 1 try

14 Ian Rawlinson

15 Damian Whitter

16 Gary Charlton 1 try

17 Mike Kavanagh

richiekeay.gif

9 hours ago, jcd said:

Can’t wait for the match I’ve watched them for a very long time and never seen them win at batley

but there’s always a first time that we might give our fans a win away from home anyone who wins at batley have been in a very hard game 

so come on raiders let’s put a muzzle on them bulldogs and give them a dogs live

my mom Tom walker what a beast next one for super league raiders by 2 

Your Mom is Tom Walker? Strange folk up the road.

2 hours ago, bwa said:

Nobody picked up on the Batley £20 entrance fee!

£18 if you buy in advance.

£10 if you happen to have a SL season ticket.

£3 for kids (under 5's free)

I believe this is accurate... Unless some clubs haven't updated websites

Cheapest standing available. Where there are gaps, I couldn't find any info

2019.PNG

I'm sure Leigh was £22 or £23 for away fans pay on the day last season?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 hours ago, bwa said:

Nobody picked up on the Batley £20 entrance fee!

yes up from £17 on the day last season....ridiculous price increase....

Batley £18.20 online... both seated or standing.....£20 on the day

York announced £17 ….online and on the day....

Dewsbury £19 seated …..£16 Standing.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Bradford is £23 plus 58p booking fee if you buy now for the terraces and £28 plus 70p for the stand.

Both taken from their site, I can't imagine that it could cost any more on the day, but who knows?

46 minutes ago, bwa said:

Excellent replies. Nice to be on an informative Forum

Barrow 's entrance fee was expected to go up, Its been £15 for quite a few years.

I thought every club did free kids with an adult but obviously not.

Batley do free kids season tickets

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived