You do realise..

Piggy's mate

Well done Raiders, I think you showed us how to grind out a victory by any means possible 

no complaints other than feigning injury on virtually every tackle in the last 5 mins

we were dreadful and I too look forward to a dryer track 

So now that I'm home, a few more thoughts ..

There seems to be derision of the ref from both Barrow and Batley fans. If both equally disliked it, maybe he did ok after all.

We did really well to keep in the game for the first half. It was always going to be an uphill battle (see what I did there). Great that the lads kept the pace up. Heads didn't drop even though we played 10 minutes with 12 after Dallimore's binning. Lots of unforced errors though.

Second half was much improved. Still FAR too many scrappy errors that we shouldn't have been giving away but we able to string a few better plays together and made good metres. We kept Batley down the end of the field and managed to control the game.

The last 10 minutes were good in that we managed to keep hold of a very small margin. However, they were marred by our tactics. I guess we did what had to be done but I don't agree with going down and feigning injury. Especially not repeatedly and clearly to gain advantage. It tinged the closing minutes and I think we could have done it without that.

Great boost all round though. Sheffield were tough opponents last season but I think we can sneak a win at home. York are unknown and I'm not sure if the scoreline today against Toronto tells us much more. Then back home for a hopefully winnable game against Dewsbury.

Full sweep. 4 wins out of 4 for February I reckon.

6 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

So now that I'm home, a few more thoughts ..

There seems to be derision of the ref from both Barrow and Batley fans. If both equally disliked it, maybe he did ok after all.

We did really well to keep in the game for the first half. It was always going to be an uphill battle (see what I did there). Great that the lads kept the pace up. Heads didn't drop even though we played 10 minutes with 12 after Dallimore's binning. Lots of unforced errors though.

Second half was much improved. Still FAR too many scrappy errors that we shouldn't have been giving away but we able to string a few better plays together and made good metres. We kept Batley down the end of the field and managed to control the game.

The last 10 minutes were good in that we managed to keep hold of a very small margin. However, they were marred by our tactics. I guess we did what had to be done but I don't agree with going down and feigning injury. Especially not repeatedly and clearly to gain advantage. It tinged the closing minutes and I think we could have done it without that.

Great boost all round though. Sheffield were tough opponents last season but I think we can sneak a win at home. York are unknown and I'm not sure if the scoreline today against Toronto tells us much more. Then back home for a hopefully winnable game against Dewsbury.

Full sweep. 4 wins out of 4 for February I reckon.

Fair play mate 

52 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

It was 25pounds standing at Odsal today and 20 for concessions plus 5pounds to keep dry.At  Fev you don't pay extra to sit down and so that's a ten pounds difference between them and Bradford.

Jesus £25 …. they obviously still think they are still a SL club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its one way of keeping away fans from attending

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Has anyone ever heard fans of any team ever say they'll be worse when the ground dries up?

My thought is there is a lot more pace in the Barrow squad than there has been for a while so am looking forward to seeing it. 

Archived