Starting line up for Batley

Raider91

First game this Sunday, how do people have it based on pre-season? 

Ritson cross Amean Spedding Loxam 

Dallimore Charnock 

Riley Puara Walker

Smith Walne

Aspinwall 

Minoga, Duffy, Crellin, J.Carter

This with Morrow, Toal, Stack being injured and new signing Johnson possibly not being ready yet.

What people's thoughts? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ritson

Amean

Cross

Spedding

Loxam

Dalli

Charnock

Walker

Puara

Riley

Smith

Stack/Walne 

Aspi

Mossop 

Stack/Walne

Minoga

Duffy

I think both Duffy and minoga could do some damage off the bench running hard downhill on the slope

Positive thing is considered we have a 3 or 4 very good players injured we still have a squad I think can get a result at Batley. 

Historically it's been a very bad ground for us,  I remember being there in 2009 when Catic got sent off the week for Northern Rail Final think it might have been 46 - 16 and got absolutely battered. Considered the side we had out that day it shows how much we struggle. 

I think it's potentially the worst game we could have had to start the season, realistically it's a team we should aim to finish above but it seems to be a fortress when we go to their spot. I'm hoping they underestimate us and we win. 

I don't know what the injurys are but what I've seen over the 3 games I would go with the below. I have added Josh Johnson as he is fit & been pre season with Hull KR so he will play minutes not signed for Barrow to not get in match day team.

................Armean....

Ritson........................................Loxam..

............Cross...............Speeding............

.................Dallimore.............

..................................Charnock............

......................Aspinwall..........................

..............Smith.............Walne...............

........Walker........Puara......Minoga......

Johnson

Riley

Crelin 

Mossop?

I think Loxam is a little bit of a risk.  He will be in because of the Hume scenario. 

Hopefully Mossop is back 

Think Crellin deserves a crack, very solid all pre season.

Armean

Loxam 

Ritson

Cross

Speeding

Dallimore

Charnock

THAT PICKS ITSELF AT THE MOMENT.

Changes for me are below

......................Walne..........................

..............Smith.............Crellin..............

........Walker.......Mossop......Aspinal.....

Johnson

Minoga

Puara... although I think he will start but not convinced by him yet... 

Riley

Duffy might miss out on a few games as the new sub ruling of 8 not 10 might impact the games Cresta targets him for. 

Headache in the front row for this one with Johnson potentially coming in to the side. I’ll go with:

1. Ritson

2. Amean

3. Cross

4. Spedding 

5. Loxam

6. Dallimore

7. Charnock

8. Walker

9. Puara

10. Riley

11. Smith

12. Walne

13. Aspinwall

14. Mossop

15. Stack

16. Johnson

17. Minoga

Shame on Duffy and crellin potentially missing out as both had solid pre seasons. Stack coming back will give us another lift. Does anyone know Dan Toals situation at the moment?

Excited for this one. 

COYR

8 minutes ago, olray said:

I’m a supporter as much as any of you’s. It’s my opinion if you don’t like it tough . 

Fair enough you're a supporter but there is a few issues with your post. 

1) You haven't seen Dallimore play in that side so there is no evidence he is a let down. The quality of the side around them can have a massive impact on how a half back plays, especially in the forwards in which is much stronger than the side which played for the most of last year. 

2) Dallimore has been a very good player whilst at Barrow. He's often stood out in games when we have very much so been on the back foot. 

3) Probably most important point is that negativity at the start of the season is very unnecessary. You'll be surprised what gets posted on this forum gets passed as gospel around the town. There has been nothing but positivity around this club for the past few months and there is no point in drawing up unnecessary negativity at the start. The squad is much stronger than last year and we should be very optimistic. 6 or 7 games in and he is underperforming I could understand criticism. But producing negativity about a player in an untested side is not warranted at this stage and does nothing but hinder the momentum the club has produced. 

2 minutes ago, olray said:

Well your wrong as I’ve watched all the friendlys but I’m more than happy for him to prove me wrong . I’m looking forward to jake carter getting a run at 6 . That lad has got pure rugby ability in my opinion 

I stand to be corrected but I don't think stating it on a forum is necessary. Only time will tell. 

Jake Carter is going to be a great talent. It's exciting that we could have a 6 and 7 produced from the Amateur game with him and Johnston which could carry the team for years. 

Archived