Crowds for opening weekend of Superleague.

13 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

3k for the Broncos will be incredible. 

It would be a miracle given how anonymous the Broncos are. I live in Ealing and you honestly wouldn't know the club existed.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Aside from Huddersfield, and London, and even there there would be no much in it, the return fixtures would all have significantly higher gates. So, while they have all looked lovely, the figures could have been far higher if the aggregate was the main target. Maybe they knew that full bijou grounds like Warrington and Saints have is the key thing regardless of the numbers. 

According to the 40.20 podcast, the Easter weekend has the target of the record aggregate. I think full looking vibrant crowds was the aim here and it all looked good.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

That'll depend on whether Trailfinders give us access to the RU gate multiplier:devil:

If we get access to the RU gate multiplier then I confidently predict that the attendance will be greater than the ground capacity

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

55 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Aside from Huddersfield, and London, and even there there would be no much in it, the return fixtures would all have significantly higher gates. So, while they have all looked lovely, the figures could have been far higher if the aggregate was the main target. Maybe they knew that full bijou grounds like Warrington and Saints have is the key thing regardless of the numbers. 

The Saints Wigan game couldn't be at the DW as the Easter game is scheduled to be at Wigan this year.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Wigan V Saints will get significantly higher than 16,500?? Not so sure, same with Catalans V Castleford, and Leeds V Warrington.

Just now, meast said:

Wigan V Saints will get significantly higher than 16,500?? Not so sure, same with Catalans V Castleford, and Leeds V Warrington.

I am a wire fan but even I can see leeds would draw a higher crowd at home than warrington could, they are the biggest and best supported british club.They drew bigger crowds in the  middle eights than most other clubs.

10 minutes ago, meast said:

Higher yes, but significantly?

I suppose it depends on each person's definition of significantly?

For a first game fixture at leeds I would expect on a same day (saturday) there would be 19k, a thursday or friday would drop that estimate.

6 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

About 85k that isnt it?

Would love to see us break that record, another target id like to see is for us to beat 80k 4tims and try and beat 75k at least 10 times

Cas v Wakey - 10k

London v Cats - 2k

Wire v Salford - 12k

Hull v KR - 20k

Leeds v Hudds - 18k

Wigan v Saints - 24k

That would give us 86k. We should be looking to squeeze a few more into Hull, maybe even Wire and Cas if possible and break 90k.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

When you break it down it doesnt seem that tough especially with a london home game in there

I wonder why they didn't go for Catalans at home and even aim for 100k. What a statement that would have been. 6 sellouts.

24k each at Wigan and Hull. 15k at Wire. 11k at Cas. 11k at Cat. 18k at Leeds.

22 minutes ago, langpark said:

Images of London's ground just before kick off.  Looking quite full, but as many have said, that does not mean a lot when the capacity is barely 3k....

Didn’t London get their biggest crowds at Brentford? London Irish are moving into the new Brentford stadium next year I think. Would it be worth the Broncos exploring that possibility? I know they’re keen on staying at Ealing but it’s nowhere near SL standard

52 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Didn’t London get their biggest crowds at Brentford?

Not really. But it's hard to compare given that there always seemed to be some, inconsistency, with the declared figures and the actual visible number of people in the ground. There's no magic spot where if we played there we'd instantly add a thousand or so to the gate. Unless that place was Hastings but politics prevents that so what can you do?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Didn’t London get their biggest crowds at Brentford? London Irish are moving into the new Brentford stadium next year I think. Would it be worth the Broncos exploring that possibility? I know they’re keen on staying at Ealing but it’s nowhere near SL standard

What's happening to Griffin Park?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

19 hours ago, nadera78 said:

It would be a miracle given how anonymous the Broncos are. I live in Ealing and you honestly wouldn't know the club existed.

I live in Shepherds Bush and I would think I m among the very small minority who have any idea that London have a Rugby League club. ( Or any sports teams apart from football).

I m in SE Asia until next week but I am looking forward to go to Broncos  next home game.

Archived