What about other Teams players?

Blue Pike

Will people give insight into how other Teams are fairing on the player front .i.e how good their new signings are because I like others don’t have a clue.I have read the Batley forum and they are quietly confident in their new players and their side on the whole.

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Will people give insight into how other Teams are fairing on the player front .i.e how good their new signings are because I like others don’t have a clue.I have read the Batley forum and they are quietly confident in their new players and their side on the whole.

Blue Pike, you can read the full list of Championship squads by clicking on the link below.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2019/02/2019-championship-club-sides.html

58 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

With our squad we should be equal or better than others. It is down to how the players perform and how the coach directs them.

Some others, but not all.

At this stage of the season there are too many variables to take into account to be certain of relative success, or failure. However, with the money that you have spent you would expect to get into the top five without too much dificulty, wouldn't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

At this stage of the season there are too many variables to take into account to be certain of relative success, or failure. However, with the money that you have spent you would expect to get into the top five without too much dificulty, wouldn't you?

Just out of interest how much have we spent  

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I agree about the variables early in a season and that top 5 should be a bare minimum as a target. In regards to the money we have spent, if you believe the gospel that is social media, we have actually spent in the region of 200K LESS than last year. 

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

From a Fax point of view in my opinion we look a lot stronger than last year and anything less than top 4 would be very poor in my eyes.

They should be after the way you rubbished them at the start of last season.

4 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

So all the other teams that have signed new players are going to jell before us? I reckon we will get there quickly and shock the opposition.

Many teams, such as Bradford have retained the nucleas of their squad from last season, and most have not changed coaches as well. I think we'll have a decent season and be there or thereabouts for top 5 come the end, however we're going to take time to gel given the number of changes and late arrivals into the squad..

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, paff said:

Just out of interest how much have we spent  

Obviously I don't know any precise figures but bringing three players from PNG together with two from Australia plus a coach won't have come cheap. I'm not accusing your club of overspending but would suggest that they have spent above the mean in the division. Hence a minimum expectation of top five should be reasonable.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Leaving aside us and Leigh, who have pretty much done a complete rebuild, I think most clubs in the division could claim they have improved on paper. Rochdale and Dewsbury would be the 2 who I wouldn't be sure about as I'm not that familiar with some of their new signings.

Toronto are bound to be good under McDermott, their attacking shapes in the friendly at Bradford looked different class to most Championship teams. They have some real class in their backs and Mellor is probably an upgrade at half back where I thought they struggled last year.

Toulouse have made some nice signings and look a bit deeper than in the last couple of years and look sure to be thereabouts again.

Widnes I am not quite so sure about but they have retained enough quality players to be a force you'd think.Gelling and Inu are class at this level and their young full back looks very exciting. I think they are vulnerable though especially if they don't get off to a flying start, will be interesting to see how they go against Fax tomorrow.

Fax are fairly straightforward to predict, a solid pack with a couple of good signings plus QLT but whether they have the half backs to take that next step forward I'd doubt. Pressure is on Marshall as failing to build on last year would be a disappointment.

Bradford will be solid under Kear and have loads of depth, just not sure their pack or halves are quite good enough to match the top teams in the division.

Batley have made some good signings of fringe players from SL clubs in their pack and Jouffret is a good half back at this level, think they will be better than last season though still not totally convinced about Diskin.

York will be well coached and will surprise a few. Brining is a good signing for them, they will pull off a surprise or too at some point you'd think and should be good enough to at least stay up.

Sheffield on paper might be the most improved squad in the league, Thackeray, Walker, Guzdek, Brown, Knowles and one or two others all look upgrades, they should be tougher this year if they can put it all together.

Barrow have recruited well especially in their pack which looks pretty decent on paper, think they will be mid table-ish. 3 from PNG too.

Swinton seem quite bullish about their signings though they did lose a couple too. They have gone out of the frying pan and into the fire by getting rid of Josh Barlow but bringing in Acton...they have a few niggly characters in their team for sure as we found out with the likes of Fairclough and Lloyd last year.  

Dewsbury lost a couple of their better players and have a large squad but not sure how much quality they have. Think their new coach will have done a good job if they avoid relegation. Same goes for Rochdale although again I'm not familiar with all their players so can't form a strong view.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Should be what? You have lost me Steve?

Hi Blues Ox. At the start of last season didn't you predict that Fax would finish outside the Top 4? Maybe not rubbishing them, just probably expecting that Leigh and Fev would have better seasons? For me, Fax are the benchmark, along with Toulouse and Toronto. The other sides competing for the play-offs are unknown quantities dependant upon how new players perform.

7 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Hi Blues Ox. At the start of last season didn't you predict that Fax would finish outside the Top 4? Maybe not rubbishing them, just probably expecting that Leigh and Fev would have better seasons? For me, Fax are the benchmark, along with Toulouse and Toronto. The other sides competing for the play-offs are unknown quantities dependant upon how new players perform.

Not rubbishing just thought other teams had singed better, opposite this season and we start with a thumping. ??

Archived